[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard it would be to smuggle small nuke into some country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 11q_075.jpg (543KB, 1402x785px) Image search: [Google]
11q_075.jpg
543KB, 1402x785px
How hard it would be to smuggle small nuke into some country and detonate it in big city?
>>
>>34809614
Depends on the diameter of your sphincter
>>
Kim pls go
>>
>>34809614
depends on the buyer from black market, and how the shipment would be made.
>>
>>34809614
Read any of the 40+ thrillers that have this as a theme and stop killing threads!
>>
>>34809614
The only difficult part is gettingbthe device in the first place, smuggling it is child's play compared to that.

>RIP whicheve thread died for this
>>
File: 1426478821355.png (24KB, 508x530px) Image search: [Google]
1426478821355.png
24KB, 508x530px
>>34809624
fpbp
>>
Depends on the country.

The USA has satellite Geiger counters that scan the country for radioactive elements so it'd be pretty hard to get away with it.
>>
>>34810289
how does that work exactly?
radiation in space is several times higher than on earth
a satellite wouldn't be able to distinguish a nuclear power plant from background radiation
>>
>>34810337
>how does that work exactly?
fuck off chink, I'm not giving away american secrets so you can try to spread "not communism".
>>
>>34809614
How big a nuke a nuke are we talking and how much lube do you got?
>>
>>34809614
>no one mentions Jericho
>>
>>34809624
How long can you live with most of your organs and digestive system removed?
>>
>>34810452
Until you need to eat again, or bleed out.
>>
Go away Isis
>>
I'd probably say the smuggling part is the relatively easy part.
>>
>>34810289
I don't think that's remotely possible, they do have Geiger counters at major points of Entry... But being able to identify a nuclear bomb and a truck from space, just buy the amount of radiation it's giving off? I don't think so....

Even if this was the case, I suppose one could Shield a truck..
>>
>>34809614
Easy, if you're the CIA.
>>
Do as the chinese and Norks have done.

Send enough "students" on "Student visas"
Send "wealthy" "chinese legal imigrants" to the country.
"chinese legal imigrants" buy huge ammounts of facilities, lands, buildings in strategic locations al over said nation.
Have "chinese science students" build whatever they want.

The norks and chinks are in the USA. They have amassed caches of weapons and harder weapons.
>>
>>34810337
>how does that work exactly?
It doesn't. He pulls it from his ass.
>>
>>34810289
Even gamma radiation is blocked by a few hundred meters of atmosphere.
>>
Just the other day, there was a story about a new kind of portable neutrino detector. If that actually works, all types of nuclear shenanigans just got a whole lot harder to pull off.
>>
>>34811499
Fuck this sounds concievable
>>
File: 62525177.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
62525177.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>>34811499
>>
>>34811499
A ha ha no. Those students are there bona fide. They're basically tech spies who your government allowed into your country legally. Their job is to learn everything that they can and bring it back home to China. They don't need to go to Marvel villain schemes.
>>
>>34810134
Wilson Tucker's Procession of the Damned was the first, IIRC.
>>
>>34809614
Calm down kim
>>
>>34811627
link? fuck portable, just the idea of a not-fuckhuge, not-buried halfway under the Earth neutrino detector that actually finds more than a couple dozen a year is news.
>>
What you do is you find the richest man in the city and fuck the shit out of him, I mean like religious experience level. Then you convince him that the world needs free clean energy and to build a underground nuclear fusion reactor right next to the beach so that if anything bad happened the excess radiation would poison the natural water table for possibly centuries. Then you tell him you switched the codes and that you are in control.

Then attach timer to bomb instead of remote switch

Congrats you just snuck bomb into city.
>>
Easy enough.

Shield the radiation. Hide it in something that should be heavy. Route it through an innocent third party nation
>>
Bring the materials in via multiple diplomatic pouches and build the device in situ.
>>
>>34811499
The flaw in this plan is that if the wealthy chinese immigrants smart enough to build a nuke will probably be self serving enough to rat our the rest in order to live in a life style infinitely better than what they could have in China or North Korea.

That's what I would do if I was smart enough to build a nuke. Fuck country and ideology I'm out for myself.
>>
>>34809614
Not hard really. We managed to get two in expecting a 50/50 chance of detection (lose one but 2nd gets in) much to the great leader's delight. Fortunately less than 1% of all shipping containers are searched & scanned for neutron flux so it's much easier than believed. The key is ensuring the various alphabet agencies don't get wind of your plan. Smooth sailing otherwise.

Oh, stock up on iodine pills. ;-)
>>
>>34816538
Stanislav Lunev, the highest-ranking GRU defector, claimed that such Russian-made devices exist and described them in more detail.[10] The devices, "identified as RA-115s (or RA-115-01s for submersible weapons)" weigh from fifty to sixty pounds. They can last for many years if wired to an electric source. In case there is a loss of power, there is a battery backup. If the battery runs low, the weapon has a transmitter that sends a coded message either by satellite or directly to a GRU post at a Russian embassy or consulate. According to Lunev, the number of "missing" nuclear devices (as found by General Lebed) "is almost identical to the number of strategic targets upon which those bombs would be used."[10]

Lunev suggested that suitcase nukes might be already deployed by the GRU operatives on US soil to assassinate US leaders in the event of war.[10] He alleged that arms caches were hidden by the KGB in many countries. They were booby-trapped with "Lightning" explosive devices. One such cache, identified by Vasili Mitrokhin, exploded when Swiss authorities sprayed it with a high pressure water gun in a wooded area near Bern. Several others caches were removed successfully.[11] Lunev said that he had personally looked for hiding places for weapons caches in the Shenandoah Valley area[10] and that "it is surprisingly easy to smuggle nuclear weapons into the US" either across the Mexican border or using a small transport missile that can slip undetected when launched from a Russian airplane.[10] US Congressman Curt Weldon supported claims by Lunev but noted that Lunev had "exaggerated things" according to the FBI.[12] Searches of the areas identified by Lunev have been conducted, "but law-enforcement officials have never found such weapons caches, with or without portable nuclear weapons."[13]
>>
>>34809614
Literally impossible.

The US has radiological signature surveillance satelates that can track the location of every nuke on Earth, even the ones in subs hundreds of feet under water.

If a nuke gets past our nets, it was allowed to do so.
>>
>>34810452
You can keep living without a stomach or part of your intestines.
>>
>>34817198
What is lead? What are gamma waves? What is radiation? Fucking satellites, how do they work?
>>
>>34817198
Back that claim up with a source you goose-egg.
>>
>>34809614
nice try FBI
>>
>>34811499
...........fug
>>
>>34809614
Just put it in a regular cargo container and ship it.
>>
>>34811499

it gets worse, a lot of them work for us companies on the side too.

they could do more harm from inside a us company or media outlet.
>>
Easy. Really fucking easy. Shipping containers are your main option here, no one checks shipping containers and even if they do, it's really easy to hide the bomb's signature. Just detonate it in the port.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.