[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With all this talk about how dangerous the Sig 320 is, maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: model 13.jpg (27KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
model 13.jpg
27KB, 400x250px
With all this talk about how dangerous the Sig 320 is, maybe we should have stuck with revolvers like the model 13.

>totally safe as long as you follow the 4 rules
>crisp single action for accurate fire, even at distance
>double action for fast, close fire
>fixed sights don't slide out of place
>powerful 357 magnum
>moon clips are as fast as mags
>very reliable
>doesn't go out of battery when pressed against an object
>reasonable weight

Remind me why we switched again? Is it really necessary to be prepared for unlikely scenarios involving a dozen bank robbers and a whole crate full of ammo being fired?
>>
>>34804607
Because cops can't aim.
>>
Cops didn't start using semi automatics until the gangsters they were facing started using those. If cops switched back to six shooters, they would be just target practice for gangsters armed with uzis and mp5s.
>>
>>34804607
Because it's easier to give cops more ammo than to teach them how to shoot.

And revolvers aren't more reliable. They have a lot of little parts, and, as the saying goes, "Pistols have stoppages. Revolvers jam."
>>
>>34804764
>>34804776
What if I told you that it's not how many bullets you fire, but how many hits you get, that matters?
>>
>>34804607
>cops revert to 70s gear
>banks, armored trucks, loan places, etc. get BTFO
Good plan OP.
>>
>>34804805
If a revolver will not kill whoever you need to kill, you need a rifle, not some shitty plastic pistol that goes off every time you sneeze.
>>
>>34804789
What if I told you by spitting out 15+ rounds instead of 6, you are more likely to hit shit regardless of aim
>>
>>34804820
Fudd logic

>>34804776
Much, much less likely to have an issue with a revolver than a semi, though h&k and Glocks are damn near revolver like in reliability

>>34804607
>Moon clips aren't as fast.
>Semi auto with a tac light extending past the muzzle can't be pushed out of battery.
>Heavy as fuck
>blued finish rusts and wears easily
>357 magnum out of a 3 inch revolver isn't significantly more powerful than 9mm +p
>FBI agents usually carried 38 lswchp, they had to get permission to use 357 on a situational basis
>>
>>34805476
>Fudd logic
Not an argument.
>>34805446
Then you'd be wrong. Spray and pray just doesn't work. In the North Hollywood shootout, they literally fired thousands of rounds with no effect. I have yet to see a single documented case where a civilian was able to save his skin because his pistol had an inordinate number of rounds. Such cases may exist, but I assure you they are exceedingly few and far between.
>>34805476
>FBI agents usually carried 38 lswchp, they had to get permission to use 357 on a situational basis
I've never heard of that, but even if it were true, it just goes to show how stupid the FBI is. It's not an argument against revolvers.
>>34805476
>Heavy as fuck
Do you have muscular dystrophy that you can't carry a K frame?
>>34805476
>blued finish rusts and wears easily
1. I have seen blued revolvers old enough to be my parents, and they still had good finishes.

2. Stainless revolvers are a thing.
>>34805476
>357 magnum out of a 3 inch revolver isn't significantly more powerful than 9mm +p
So carry a 4 inch barrel then. They made revolvers with 4 inch barrels.
>>
>>34804607
Revolvers in .38 Special served US police well for years.

But most police are trained in the use of semi-autos now, and capacity is king these days.
>>
>>34805574
The perfect gun for capacity obsessives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50N5lQoAFw
>>
>>34805528
You've never tried to use moon clips or speed loaders in your life. You're flipping back and forth between police and civilian use while ignoring what criminals do and how they themselves are armed which was part of the switch to semi autos in the first place and ones strength has fuck all to do with their ability to have a needlessly heavy gun hanging off of them all day long for years which really isn't great for a blued gun. Making a case for this because of a drop safety which the vast majority of guns have is retarded. I love revolvers but don't be a fool.
>>
I want to live in the timeline where the military picks a .357 revolver to replace the M9. It's a 7-shot stainless S&W L-frame WITH NO INTERNAL LOCK and a half lug 4" barrel. Economies of scale kick in like the old days of revolver glory and you can go get one brand new at your LGS for $500 burger bucks.
>>
>>34805528
Fucking retard those criminals had body armor they took months of time to prepare. Average street thug isn't all suited up in custom tailored Body armor.
>>
>>34806861
>You've never tried to use moon clips or speed loaders in your life
You've never seen how fast a well trained user can use them.
>>34806861
>ignoring what criminals do and how they themselves are armed which was part of the switch to semi autos in the first place
The switch was motivated by PERCEPTIONS about the Newhall shooting, not facts. Turns out, what we thought we knew about it has come into question since.
>>34806861
>ones strength has fuck all to do with their ability to have a needlessly heavy gun hanging off of them all day long for years
You're right about that. Your belt holds your pistol on your hip without you do any exertion, so its weight is largely irrelevant.
>>34806861
>which really isn't great for a blued gun
It's a nonissue with blued guns, but it if really bothers us, stainless exists for neurotic people like you.
>>34806861
>Making a case for this because of a drop safety which the vast majority of guns have is retarded
I'm making a case for revolvers because the reasons for leaving them were not compelling. The revolver was and is a perfectly serviceable sidearm.
>>34807001
>Fucking retard those criminals had body armor they took months of time to prepare
Which is why you need a rifle, not a wondernine.
>>34807001
>Average street thug isn't all suited up in custom tailored Body armor
Which is why a revolver is perfectly suitable for shooting the average street thug. Sorry, but you can't miss fast enough or often enough to win a gunfight.
>>
>>34805476
>moon clips aren't as fast
The fuck.
Have you honestly never used a moon clip before?
They're actually easier to use than a magazine depending on the person.

>heavy as fuck
Waaaahhhhhh.
It's like you fuckers don't lift.
OP is discussing a duty gun, not a CC gun.
They can OC it all day long no problem with the right belt, and that's if it was actually heavy.
>only using a 3" barrel
Ahh, one of THOSE kinds of faggots.
>implying the FBI is the gold standard
They made .40 short and weak.
I don't think we can really take what they say too seriously.

I'm not OP, I do believe we need semi automatic firearms for the normal police armament.
But for fucks sake man you're an idiot.
If they could have a rimless .357 magnum in a double stacked handgun at no extra cost over their 9mm and .40 and .45s, I believe they ought to take it...
Sadly .357 rimless/automatic/whatever it was called died long ago.
>>
>>34807347
>If they could have a rimless .357 magnum in a double stacked handgun at no extra cost over their 9mm and .40 and .45s, I believe they ought to take it...
The problem is you can only fit so much cartridge length in a pistol grip. They did have 9mm Dillon though.
>>
paul harrell, is that you?
>>
>>34806569
do want
>>
>>34805528
Oh my god you're insufferable.

Those hammerless revolvers are pretty nice for carrying imo. I have a S&W Airframe and I really like it. seems p. safe man.
>>
>>34807205
Oh I've seen trained users work a clip or speed loader pretty fast, and we all know how fast jerry is, even though he was using a fatass .45. But the same amount off effort put into inserting a magazine gives them a lot more to work with, and the use of a mag in anything but a pocket pistol already gives one more ammo than they need for a reload. If you want to base your argument on good hits and marksmanshit then why bother with the weight of a revolver at all. Why bother with that reload or the extra time it takes to learn to shoot a revolver well?

I lover revolvers, I learned thank shoot on a Blackhawk and I have a raging boner for k-frames, but they offer nothing over autos for the average person besides contact shots and pocket shots. Don't flip between the average civilian, to the average cop to "trained users"
>>
>>34808981
Lightweight snubs suck, those are the worst kind of revolver

If a person has to use a snub, it needs to be steel, and even then if they're carrying an all-steel snub they might as well carry something a bit bigger with a longer barrel
>>
>>34805446
>What if I told you by spitting out 15+ rounds instead of 6, you are more likely to hit shit regardless of aim

Police hit probabilities have actually gone DOWN since the adoption of 15+ shot autoloading pistols. Look at the San Bernadino shootout. You had 23 cops fire a total of over 440 rounds, and they got maybe 10 or 20 hits total between both targets. That's abysmal.
>>
>>34804764

>gangsters armed with uzis and MP5s

I'm quite certain they are far too poor for those
>>
>>34804607
Why doesn't the army switch to .38 Spcl revolvers like the Model 10 or Model 15?
>>
>>34810868
Gangsters and the average hood rat aren't the same thing. The appeal of being in a real gang is money and power. Drugs lead to a lot of money. They don't need uzis or mp5s when ARs cost fuck all.
>>
>>34804764
Err, not exactly. A few departments had semi-autos early but most went with revolvers because of increased reliability and the need to be an absolute retard to fuck one up. Most went to autos as a result of the military and later the FBI going to them and going "me too".

Few beat cops deal with Uzis or AR-15's during a traffic stop, those are usually reserved for drug stings and whatnot. While it is certainly possible to deal with such a combatant, such instances are rare, and are much more intelligently countered with a carbine of some sort. To this end, revolvers are only at a significant disadvantage to the police officer in the event that they face overwhelming force and they are unable to retreat to such a weapon and/or backup.

Perhaps cops wouldn't shoot so much if they were limited to 6-8 shots before reloading, Philando would still be alive, etc. Let it be known that cops are fucking idiots too much of the time.
>>
What revolver should I buy?
>>
>>34811222
Most armed criminals that police face will be armed with semi automatic handguns. It makes no sense to expect a police officer armed with a revolver to take on a thug armed with a glock.
>>
>>34811175
At the same time, your beat cops arent going after "real gangstas" walking the streets with AKs, thats a job for the SWAT team with M4s and plate carriers.
>>
>>34811294

New manufacture for hard use? Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum

Used gun for aesthetic bliss? S&W Model 19 .357 Magnum
>>
>>34811354
Ironically, when Chicago (i think) released statistics on seized guns, S&W model 10s were about tied with Glocks near the top of the list. Hipoints were on the list too, ofc.

Criminals use whats cheap and available.
>>
>>34804607
>Since one handgun is shit why don't we move back to revolvers
Because you are dumb, simple as that
>>
>>34811445
The gun known as the Model 10 has been in production(with minor improvements and name changes) since 1899. I have no numbers to back this up but it's got to be in the running for the most manufactured handgun in history.
>>
>>34804789
What if I told you that having more than 6 shots before having to reload is a pretty big advantage regardless of accuracy.
>Captcha California Alley
>>
>>34811294
Ruger GP100, either 4 or 6 inch barrel
>>
>>34811714
You'd be wrong most of the time. If you need more ammo, just use a rifle.
>>
File: revolverfags.jpg (90KB, 818x960px) Image search: [Google]
revolverfags.jpg
90KB, 818x960px
>>
>>34812226
>If you need more ammo, just use a rifle.
Or, ya know. I could carry a pistol sized pistol with a higher capacity than a revolver. Of course accuracy matters, but you're arguing is that a larger capacity is not advantageous. Which is just flat out wrong.
>>
>>34811415
Yeah cause they get to pick every encounter they have right. Do you not remember the rash of direct attacks on officers a few years ago. Come on man, stop living in fantasy land . Have vehicles comes to mind at all?
>>
>>34812073
4"
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.