[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The story that nobody is talking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 300px-SigP320FullSize[1].jpg (14KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
300px-SigP320FullSize[1].jpg
14KB, 300x187px
1. Scare normies by spamming Sig glass grenade articles online, IRL
2. Buy them up at DIRT cheap prices or offer to "safely dispose of them for free"
3. Send them in to Sig recall
4. ???????
5. Profit
>>
>>34804435
Nobody with half a brain is ever going to fully trust them anymore. There are people (including me) who still refuse to buy anything with the Remington name over the 700 debacle.
>>
>>34804435
>>34805019
Eh, Glawk™ came back.

People forget faster than youd think.
>>
>>34805049
When were Glocks going off randomly?
>>
This video alone will make you never buy a Sig again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfe9silCIm8

Sigs stand for Standing Involuntary Grenade
>>
>>34805080
they were blowing up, and the initial gen-4 guns were hardly what anyone would describe as reliable.
>>
>>34805080
All the time because faggots buy a glawk because that's the only firearm they know and can't keep their God damned finger off the trigger.
>>
>>34805080
They weren't, but earlier 9mm Gen 4s had issues with FTEs because of the recoil spring and extractor geometry. In an effort to make Glocks better for .40s, they broke the 9s, which is funny in retrospect, because no one uses .40 anymore...
>>
>>34805102
That's not Glock's fault.
>>34805100
Stands for "self inflicted gunshot."
>>34805101
I thought that was only with super hot +P+ ammo.
>>
>>34805119
>self inflicted gunshot
Damn, that way better than mine
>>
>>34805110
Casual shooters don't care about jams. They do care about getting their nuts blown off.
>>
>>34805049
The issues with Glocks (Exploding, NDs, glock-leg) are 99.9% user errors (Overcharged handloads that most poly guns would not survive, not keeping your finger away from the trigger, not being careful with holstering). The drop safety issue with Sig is serious. Any gun that can discharge itself with no user input or minor jostling is not safe. It's a Taurus tier mistake.
>>
>>34805119
>I thought that was only with super hot +P+ ammo.
He's referring to the .40s whose chambers did not fully support the cases. case ruptures were blowing out the frames, kind of like they do whenever some hick handloads super hot 9mm.
>>
>>34805164
I heard about that happening back when I was just out of high school, but I don't remember much about it except /k/ memeing about glocknades. Was it happening with factory loads?
>>
>>34805080
>>34805049
The Glock issues are not really in the same league.

The frame rail breakage that resulted in the slide separating from the frame in 90s torture tests wasn't something that could get someone killed directly. You can argue that if it happened in the field during a gunfight it could, but it's not the same as having your gun go off when dropped resulting in you being struck, which has already allegedly happened to a cop in CT with the 320. The lawsuit is in progress, but I imagine an incident report that has yet to be released already found the handgun malfunctioned on account that the civil suit must be going forward with some evidence of some sort.

The Glocknade is a whole mother story. Before I even write anything about it, just look around. The meme is alive and well to this day. Anyway, the original Glocknade thing happened because early Glock handguns in .40 had inadequate chamber support for rounds that were on the high end or just above acceptable pressures, or rounds that had weak or thin brass near the case web (keep in mind that .40 brass had a significantly thinner case web in its first years, which only exascerbated these issues). Handguns with better or full support didn't have nearly as many issues with "kabooms" because the KBs they experience are generally because the ammunition is loaded above acceptable pressure levels. In the poorly supported Glock models, both out of spec pressures and weak brass can cause a problem, whereas a weak casing in a fully supported chamber may, at the worst of times, cause a case head separation instead of a blowout. 9mm Glock users didn't care about it, because the 9mm chamber offered near full support. .45 users wouldn't care much despite their chambers being quite spectacularly unsupported, because the pressures of the .45 ACP seldom resulted in a KB unless it was an overcharge. Glock has improved the chamber support in their .40 handguns. It seems as though KBs went down, but the meme lives on.
>>
>>34805186
>but I don't remember much about it
I think anon made his point then. Shitposting aside, of course.

and the glocknade effect was hiar-splitted just like the SIG issue today with the "voluntary upgrade" nonsense. Observe: https://web.archive.org/web/20070927014538/http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/kb-notes.html
>>
>>34805119
>>34805164
.357 also apparently suffered the same. Every single major firearms manufacturer has made mistakes. Ruger Super redhawks blew their own barrels off. Colt is colt. S&W has sent out guns prone to frame stretch and falling out of time, etc.

What's important is how a company handles these things when they happen, not that they never happen. SiG's been pretty good about this stuff in the past, and seems to be fixing the 320 quite swiftly.
>>
File: tumblr_ngyaiha5cd1s71q1zo1_1280.png (473KB, 800x489px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngyaiha5cd1s71q1zo1_1280.png
473KB, 800x489px
>>34805211
Oh I agree with you about the severity of the defect, the 320's current safety issue is enormous. The point is that if SiG gets on this and doesn't dick around on the fix, I think things should pass.

I think the exclusive reason the glocknade thing remains is the perception that glock failed to address the problem in a timely and efficient manner.

If they adequately explain how/why this got out the door, and provide an effective fix? Whats to hate?
>>
>>34805237
>Colt is colt.
brutal.
>>
>>34805237
Actually, if you're talking about .357 SIG, the problem has seldom been on the Glock. As a matter of fact, the .357 SIG chamber is the best supported of all the Glocks (For the longest time the chambers were as near to full support as you could get, and within the last decade the feedramp geometry was updated and now it's a fully supported chamber, the only such round that this can be said about Glocks) including 9mm. The .357 SIG suffers from a sharp pressure curve which has led to loading and bullet setback issues that cause KBs, and early on the case necks had separation issues.
>>
>>34805274
Ignorant normies and diehard SIG fans will continue to buy SIGs, but I know I won't. I was actually thinking about buying one before this happened.
>>
>>34805101
>they were blowing up
With handloads in gen 2 .40 caliber Glocks only. Which was fixed.

Nighttime /k/ is such shit over the summer.
>>
>>34805322
>I was actually thinking about buying one before this happened.
Suuure you were, buddy.
>>
File: 1488196171548.jpg (51KB, 633x350px) Image search: [Google]
1488196171548.jpg
51KB, 633x350px
>>34805305
My mistake, thankyou for the correction. You have slain my ignorance.
>>
File: IMG_2262.jpg (86KB, 616x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2262.jpg
86KB, 616x462px
>>34805305
Here's an image for reference. The image source reports that these are all Glock factory barrels and that the far left is a 1997 .40 chamber, the middle is a 2012 .40 chamber, and the far right is a 2012 .357 SIG chamber.
>>
People are overreacting so fucking hard over this. The gun has a flaw, Sig is taking care of the flaw. Most if not all major manufacturers have had some kind of issue that required them to recall or fix guns. The sky is not falling. None of this takes away from the fact that up until yesterday the P320 was widely considered to be a great gun. Anyone who thinks otherwise or says "I'll never buy a Sig now" because of this is a fuckwit.
>>
>>34805305
>>34805352
For reference, here's a pre-update .357 SIG chamber. Even this one is supported quite well.

>>34805342
All is well my dude, it's not something I would expect most people to know. It's hard enough to find pictures of this shit, and the .357 SIG models aren't very popular so I imagine the overwhelming majority of even Glock owners haven't so much as touched a 31/32/33, let alone tore them down to inspect the chambers.
>>
>>34805383
People forget why the Ruger SRH has that barrel extention.
>>
>>34805164
No pistol fully supports the case noguns.
>>
>>34805019
I'll trust them after the Siggy boys fix or replace them. Then I'll have amassed a literal murdercube of dirt cheap and/or free P320s. They'll be the new pre-sandy hook nugget. For me.
>>
>>34805237
That was akshually standard Redhawks which featured spontaneous snubnose conversion which is why Ruger elongated the frame to enshroud the barrel shank before they realized the lubricant they'd been using to attach the Redhawk's barrels was polluted with a chlorine compound that had been causing the problem. Also don't forget the Beretta 92f's self-removing slide issue. Sig will correct the issue and keep making them for the govt in the improved form at no additional cost like how the m9's hammer pin was upgraded to fs-style
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.