[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock 17/19 vs HK USP9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

I am looking for the most durable, reliable and toughest handgun on the market chambered in 9mm. I've narrowed it down to these two and I'd like additional input. I heard the Glock Tennifer treatment is superior to HK's HE finish. Also, I couldn't find anywhere, do these guns have chrome lined barrels?
>>
File: mark-23.jpg (68KB, 311x350px) Image search: [Google]
mark-23.jpg
68KB, 311x350px
>>34803996
What do you need a chrome-lined pistol barrel for? And, no, they don't. The only one that might is a Mark 23.
>>
>>34803996
>narrowed it down

price a factor? glock wins that unless you want a red dot and other stuff customized on it.
>>
HK P30

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2668
>>
>>34803996
>I heard the Glock Tennifer treatment is superior to HK's HE finish
debatable.

Can you even get true hostile environment finish anymore? I don't even think it's on my 2014 mk23.
>>
>>34803996
Neither of the pistols you posted have chrome lined barrels, it would be pointless.
>>34804036
Same with the Mark 23. HK pistols go through a salt bath nitriding process on all metal parts, rendering them impervious to corrosion. The black finish is just for looks, the aspects of the metal are permanently changed, chrome lining would do nothing for it. Glocks go through a similar process.
>>
>>34803996
Glocks have the reliability edge, although both are extremely dependable, quality firearms. Since you emphasize toughness and durability so much, am I correct in assuming you're looking for a gun that is viable for a SHTF scenario? If so, Glocks are the superior choice - they are simply far, far more widespread and easy to find than any HK, and as such you will have an easier time finding parts.

The durability difference is likely negligible - perhaps someone who's shot the hell out of an HK can help you, I've only got around 1k rounds out of my USP 45. My 19 and 26 have a few thousand each, zero issues with everything from garbage steel cased to high quality match loads.
>>
>>34804083
why does the hk extractor turn reddish?
>>
>>34803996
That would be the Glock, then. Contractors in AfPak carry them for a reason. Shoot and the sand squirts out. They're ugly and ergonomic and I don't like them... but they're the AK-47 of handguns.
>>
>>34804090
idk. My P30 hasn't done that yet, but I only have like 500 rounds through it. >>34803996
I'd wager the USP is tougher if you were going to torture test them.
>>34804073
Are you the anon who gave me the grabagun link in the other thread?
>>
>>34804073
please elaborate. it was my understanding all HKs came with the "HE" finish.
>>
>>34804134
This is correct.
>>34804073
Yours still has the nitride finish, the only thing different is the color of laquer changed.
>>
>>34804125

HK P30 was torture tested to 30k rounds and had no failures. Pretty reliable, senpai.
>>
>>34804090
It doesn't? None of mine have, at any rate.
>>
>>34804184
Oh, I know. I meant that the USP is probably tougher than the glock, I should have specified. As far as my P30 goes I'm very happy with my purchase.
>>
>>34804088
OP here. Yeah I want as a SHTF gun but also because I tend to neglect my guns. I just want something well built and not flimsy. I'm a car guy so I basically want the LS3/2JZ pistol equivalent. Also, paet availability is not really an issue
>>
>>34803996
Both of them are durable, reliable and corrosion resistant. Neither has a chrome-lined bore. In terms of a home defense pistol, either one would be a phenomenal choice. In terms of role-playing as the last man alive after a zombie apocalypse, both are reported durable at very high round counts, so again, not a huge difference but relevant gunlore says the USPs have an edge here.

In terms of which is best FOR YOU, that depends a lot on your hand size and preference in what kind of trigger and mag release you want. Cost is also a factor, even outside of the cost of the gun. Both of these handguns have high capacity magazines available, but whereas you can get a 33 round factory magazine for Glock for under $30 on sale, the 30 round USP9 magazine sells for no less than $150, and that's when you can find them. Standard capacity magazines have a similar price disparity.

>>34804266
>but also because I tend to neglect my guns.
Don't neglect your guns. No, seriously. This is a tool that you might use to defend your life. Why risk a misfire if you don't have to?

>>34804090
It's just the finish, I think the extractors might have been blued back in the day. Nothing to worry about.
>>
Replacement parts/availability should be a consideration. HK parts are like hen's teeth compared to Glock parts.
>>
>plastic
>durable
>>
>>34804410
Glock has 1 year warranty HK is lifetime.
>>
>>34804410
There are at least two big websites that sell every part to every HK pistol. Not like you can go to your LGS and buy a replacement Glock spring or pin anyway. You'll still be ordering online.
>>
>>34804420
kys
>>
>>34804441

In SHTF that warranty will be useless, which is what OP seems to be considering.
>>
>>34804444
It's probably more convenient in the States for HK parts, but my experience is, in Canada, if a store doesn't, by luck, have the spring you need, you're waiting 4+ months for a replacement. You can't just order from the States because of their bullshit ITAR laws and HK's distributor exclusivity. Considering my HK45 broke a trigger spring at around 1500 rds, while my Glock 17 has digested thousands without, and parts are easier to get, well... I would buy a CZ Shadow 2.
>>
>>34804498
SHTF is a consideration but I will mainly use it at the range. Lifetime warranty sounds amazing
>>
>>34804420
>flesh and bone
>durable
>>
>>34804519
OP here. I'm in Canada too. Holy shit 4 months? That's long! CZ Shadow 2 is great but isn't it a competition pistol? How would it fare in combat situations?
>>
>>34804523
If you go P30 or VP9 you get four free mags with a mail in rebate.

For the same price as the glock a VP9 gets you steel sights, extra mags, lifetime warranty and a more ergonomic package with a better trigger.

$550 can get you the VP9 tactical right now, which has tritium sights and a threaded barrel. The extra length adds velocity which can be a bonus of range use.

Glock sights are plastic and pretty awful.
>>
>>34804090
That's just juden blood, don't worry about it...
>>
>>34804562
Probably worse than a Glock, but considering how much more likely you're going to participate in shooting matches than participate in a total collapse scenario, I would recommend a Shadow 2. They are sweet pistols, and probably the best value you can get right now in terms of handling, accuracy, reliability, parts availability, value. Wolverine Supples keeps a healthy stock of parts and will get you what you need. If I could have only have one 9mm, it'd be a Shadow 2. Especially given how Glocks cost more than HKs now, in Canada...
>>
>>34804420
More than metal is. Metal corrodes. Plastic doesn't.
>>
>>34803996
>Glock or USP for shtf
USP any day of the week, glocks are pieces of shit.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.