[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 7.62 High Calibre the most /k/ game ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 76666666.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
76666666.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
>>
not even closed to modded JA2, it's actually kind of pathetic you think it so
>>
>>34803436

Gary Grigsby's War in the East.
>>
>Not 7.62 Hard Life with GEG
>>
>>34804762
What's the difference between High Calibre and Hard Life?
>>
>>34804809
3rd party patch and workshop support.
>>
>>34804762
>not blue sun mod and mercopalyse
>>
>>34804809
Hard Life has more Russia, like cars breaking down and needing specific repairs
>>
File: Police.png (501KB, 933x588px) Image search: [Google]
Police.png
501KB, 933x588px
>>34803436
>can actually see what gun every npc is using and even what att they have
>can fill a mag with wathever bullet you want
>armor is not just "-5 damage from X" it actually saves you from certain bullets and break after some use
>explosives can be placed and armed but not triggered to create a bigger explosive
>can repair and clean guns mid combat with the required tools

Is truly a shame the game doesn't allow for vehicle combat,
>>
I desperately wanted to like it because its a real 3D jagged alliance successor, unlike JA BIA which was a normie piece of shit; but the constant gangbang ambushes and utterly obtuse mechanics and control scheme just made it not fun to play. So yeah, 10/10 100% /k/.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Looks like Soldiers of Anarchy
I miss SoA
>>
>>34803436
Only problem it had effective ranges adjusted to small maps size for "balance".
>>
>>34803436
Go back to studying, Poli
>>
>>34805979
I love a simple light armour with Ceramic Plate inserts, those plates have saved me many times.
>>
>>34807502
I gave my main character the heaviest "terminator" armor i found on the old destroyed castle full of bandits, one of its kind i think but boy that armor sure stops everything.
by the way how do i repair armors?
>>
>>34803781

/thread

Jagged Alliance 2 + 1.13 + AIMNAS mod = ultimate /k/ experience, literally thousands of guns, attachments, apparels, LBEs, mines, grenades, mortar grenades, barbed wire and sand bags to build fortifications, radios to call in support and mortar fire (such as mustard gas, fuck Geneva conventions), etc.
>>
>>34809568

The thing is, you at first think 3D is a big deal in terms of feeling, but it really isn't. I played 7,62 with the Blue Sun mod and it was by far a clunkier and less developed game than JA2 was. Once you get used to the 2D character of the latter, it surpasses every other game in that genre I ever tried TM.

The reason is that it has the most development behind it. JA2 is rather old, yet always had a dedicated fan and modder base. The 1.13 Mod upgrades the game, adding new features, enhancing old ones and broadening the item variety. This alone, minus the graphics, could count as a republishing of the game.

The AIMNAS mod takes it even further, adding big maps (4x the size IIRC), again thousands of items and some story related features. But all that doesn't even begin to describe the awesomeness that this game is.

You get guns by either killing enemy soldiers that are hunting you down, since you invaded their country with your mercenary group, remember? Taking over towns? Yeah. They drop various stuff, most of it shit in the beginning, elite soldiers having better. But the real deal is Bobby Ray's. Keep that name in mind, it's an online shop where you can buy everything, depending on your settings earlier or later and in various quantity.

You want that Volkssturmgewehr 1-5 and a steel helmet? Go buy it. Mosin and specific LBE loadout of your dreams? Go buy it. Attach tons of slings, grips, optics, lasers, grenade launchers and shit to your AR-variant? Go buy it and assemble. Want some Finnish 9mm SMG shooting glaser rounds into your unprotected enemies? Go buy it and do so! Want some old ass MG throwing hundreds of rounds at your enemies? Go buy it!

There is no way for me to describe how much shit there is in the game. It's scope breaks this text box. Just get the game, install the mods and give it a try.
>>
>>34809739
I've been playing 1.13 vanilla, and while I love the weapon selection I find it kind of lacking in some areas. While it has the Mauser 98k, Mosin, and Garand it doesn't have a Springfield 1903, or an iconic gun like the Walther PPK.
>>
>>34809739
I like the level of detail in 7.62. The damage model in general works well, grenades are devastating, situations get out of hand in fun ways...it's buggy as hell and broken in some ways though, never will be as smooth as JA2 1.13
>>
>>34809801
Try 1.13 with AIMNAS or Alruco Folding Stock, which adds lots of guns, caliber conversions and folding stocks
>>
>>34809850
I had so much trouble getting 1.13 to work I'm hesitant about adding mods. Whats the limit for IMPs on these mods, 10 like 1.13 vanilla?
>>
>>34809942
Installing AFS won't break your game, if that's what you're scared of. It doesn't overwrite any files and it has a separate ini file to configure it. You just have to choose AFS mod in the game launcher.
>>
>>34803781
This nigga knows whats up
>>
>>34803781
You can mod HC and get a bazillion guns you'll never use too you know.
>>34804809
Brings over some of the extra content only released in russia, adds some tedious shit like hunger and car repairs (you can turn it off), new gear etc. It's balls to the wall hard until you figure out how to break it.
>>34805979
>explosives can be placed and armed but not triggered to create a bigger explosive
>what is TNT
>>34806004
I fucking love that game.
>>
>>34809801

I just checked the files, AIMNAS weapons table has over 4000 entries. I really doubt there will be anything missing and if it does, write to the modders, they're still active.

>>34809842

It felt very clunky when I played it. The camera spasm'd out all the time, people didn't hit shit, but were hit. Moving around was weird, it just didn't feel right. It also doesn't have anything new besides 3D that JA2 doesn't have. Plus JA2 1.13 and AIMNAS are still being actively developed.

>>34809942

You literally just install JA2, then 1.13 and then AIMNAS. There isn't really any way to go wrong. You can set the IMP Merc limit at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>34809568
>>34809739
>>34809850

I loved playing JA2 with 1.13, but never had I heard of AIMNAS or even AFS. Reckon I oughta reinstall JA2 and give em a try. Cheers boys.
>>
I had good times playing JA and JA2 as a kid, really wanted to enjoy 7.62 but the terrible UI seriously put me off.
>>
>>34812370
How so?
>>
File: NoticeMe.png (198KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
NoticeMe.png
198KB, 530x600px
>>34803781
Shit yes. I love this game. It's a hard sell because it's older and slower, but it's the absolute best at what it does.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.