[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nugget serial numbers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4552.jpg (985KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4552.jpg
985KB, 3264x2448px
I got a regular old 91/30 Nugget for Christmas last year (poorfag, was lucky to get even this), and for some reason the first time I got around to looking at the serial numbers was last night. I had assumed they didn't match, and the person who got me the gun told me they didn't. However, I noticed that all four numbered parts (barrel, bolt, floorplate, and buttplate) had the number 9435 on it.

Are these numbers original? I think so, they appear stamped and I don't see any areas that appear as if an original number was removed, but I want to make sure about it.

I'm also interested in how this increases the value of the gun (because it seems to me that most Mosins you find today don't match), and what, if anything, I might be able to learn about the gun based on its number. The marking on the barrel shows that it came from the Izhevsk arsenal, and its dated 1943.
>>
File: IMG_4553.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4553.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Serial number on bolt
>>
File: IMG_4557.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4557.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Buttplate
>>
>>34800388
>Are these numbers original?
Unlikely, it has been refurbished.
>>
>>34800528
It was my understanding that any renumberings done during refurbishment were done by hand with an electropencil, not stamping
>>
>>34800388
>>34800445
>>34800477
If the numbers match are aren't electropenciled, then they're original.
>>
i think there is another serial on the mag
>>
>>34801183
Yeah, I don't have a picture of it, but it also has "9435" stamped on the floorplate, not penciled in
>>
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinMarks.htm
>>
I think PW Arms forcematches them.
>>
>>34800570
>>34800600
These people are wrong, they stamped them most of the time.
>>
>>34800445
No letter prefix on the bolt serial number indicates it's a force-matched part. The original bolt body would have had both the Cyrillic letters and Arabic numerals of the barrel's serial number.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.