/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently looking into buying a new gun. Stuck between an AR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: US DRACO HG4257-N.jpg (16KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
US DRACO HG4257-N.jpg
16KB, 400x250px
Currently looking into buying a new gun. Stuck between an AR and AK. Looking for pros and cons of each.
>>
>>34799482
AK
>pros
piston-driven
7.62x39mm is cheap when you can find cheap ammo
wood furniture is pretty good
parts are cheap most of the time
>cons
less customizability
7.62x39 has worse ballistic patterns

AR
>pros
can be had for cheaper than an AK sometimes
good customizability
5.56 shoots much flatter than 7.62 and is smaller and lighter
Direct gas impingement is a good action too, and piston ARs do exist
>cons
the cheaper models tend to have shoddier QC
5.56 is a little more expensive
quality parts are more expensive
>>
>>34799482
Don't know anything about AR but if you go for AK avoid American made (Century-made, IO, etc...) at all costs. If you're a poorfag WASR is best bet and NPAP is fine if you don't mind proprietary furniture.
>>
>>34799482
I think the 7.62x39 is a lot better out of a short barrel like the variant you have pictured.
That's really their only advantage.
>>
>>34799939
>this fag again
The second iteration of Century's milled version is fine. Their stamped ones are definitely a no go though.
>>
>>34799619

Someone who didn't pull fuddlore out of their ass to slander either platform, how refreshing.
>>
>AR
customizability
ammo and parts availability
accuracy
weight
price, yes, price

>AK
dat look
reliability

I really can't think of anything else. There was once an argument to be made for price in favor of the AK but not any longer.
>>
>>34799482
Don't buy US made, if it doesn't explode then the bolt, the carrier and the op road with sheer themselves away through attrition and poorly dimensioned parts.
>>
>>34801961
shear
>>
i say get an AR simply because the AR market is very saturated right now. choices are very plentiful. you can get new or used components from well known companies for cheap.
the same cant be said for AKs.

get the AR now, save up and keep an eye out for ak deals.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 800x800px
AR
LARP ahole

AK
Terrorist
>>
>>34799619
Nice bait
>>
File: 20161104_225606.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20161104_225606.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
>>34799482

Get the AR. you can build that shit like a PC buying GOOD parts from REPUTABLE manufacturures and 9.999 times out of 10 all the parts will fit and work together like
Price can vary alot but you can have it your way from the start
>60 for a lower one week
>60 for some lower parts another week
>~100 for the buffer tube and stock
>150-250 for a good barrel (gas tube and block included
>~70-120 for a good upper
>50-300 for a rail. endless possibilities
>80-400 for sights and/or a decent optic
>50-100 for tools and you can just make ARs from now on to your heart's desire

Just buy shit here and there and eventually you'll have all the shit ready to throw together

literally like lego
>>
Honestly, at this point in time if you stick with quality sellers, the only significant difference is looks/feel. AK's are generally more reliable, but unless you're gonna be stuck in field ops for months on end, it's not a big deal. And AR's are generally more accurate, but if you buy the right rifle, and if you properly mount the optic, the AK can be amazingly accurate. Shit my mongrel of an AMD-65 is hitting clay pigeon sized groupings at 150m with irons.

It's pretty much up to aesthetics in my opinion.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.