[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else keeps track of how much they've shot various guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017-08-08-08-19-39.png (146KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-08-08-19-39.png
146KB, 480x800px
Who else keeps track of how much they've shot various guns?
>>
>>34795081
No. And what's with the retarded oddball numbers?
>31
>151
>5 in trooper
>77

Do you just pick ammo up off of the ground at the range and shoot it or something?
>>
Why are all your numbers so low? Don't you ever go shooting?
>>
>>34795084
>what is shooting with other people
I will admit that the 1 in 151 is from a rusty cartridge i found half buried in the dirt

>5 in trooper
The guy loaded it -1 bc muh safety even though we were just at the range

>77
10 rd mags, one only had 5, and the last was 2 rds of gold dots
>>
File: 1484693685867.png (568KB, 752x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484693685867.png
568KB, 752x640px
>>34795081
>not having a MINIMUM of 2k rounds per main calibre
>>
This would be all but impossible for me.

"AK5 - A couple of thousand?
AK5C - Many thousands?
KSP58- Same as the above, but even harder to estimate."

Etc etc.
>>
>>34795119
my only two guns (the m48 and npap) are in another state rn

All the others were either rentals or other people's guns, and ammo is expensive when you notice ive never shot .22
>>
>>34795125

It's bit different when you pay the ammo out of your own pocket.

I used to have an excel-chart which I used to keep track of yearly ammo spending. But after I saw what kind of total numbers I normally reached per year and started considering how much the ammo actually cos,t I decided that I was happier not to know. Sometimes ignorance is a bliss. :-)
>>
>>34795192
>keeping track of rounds shot on guns you don't own

Are you like legit autistic? Not trying to be a dick or facetious, but why even track rounds on guns you don't own?
>>
>>34795324
Because it's a list of every boolet ive ever shot. Yeah it's kinda autistic but no, im not autistic

I just figure it would be cool to know, and it's not something you can do retroactively
>>
>>34795192
I used to do this. Whenever I read a review or comment that said "I shot 5,000 rounds through this gun and never had a malfunction" i didn't realize it was talking about the gun, i thought they were bragging about their personal round count.
>>
File: 1489943453434.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1489943453434.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>34795192
What the fuck? I thought this was about how much ammo you have stockpiled.

Yeah you're autistic.
>>
>>34795081
I mean to.
>>
I tried when I first started shooting but lost count after 300 or so and stopped caring after that. I try to keep estimates in mind just for cleaning purposes but I never record them.
>>
I keep a log for my P226 X5 cos I had it from new
>>
>>34795736
> this
> more than 1000, but less than 100k
I only care about whether can still see the rifling.
>>
>>34795081

i do now

i started a range log sheet to keep track of range trips & shooting training

this will be part of my legal defense if i get involved in some incident
>>
I've kept every box of ammo I've ever shot
Granted I've only started shooting this year but i wonder how long i can keep this up. I've fired probably 300-400 rounds out of my SKS, 400 out of my AR, and 300 out of my 22lr rifle
>>
>>34795081
i use a trash bag to catch my rounds so i never leave a single brass anywhere. i then melt down my rounds into brass ingots and sell those to a guy i know.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.