[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"tactical gloves"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

What is /k/s opinion on gloves at the range or while shooting?
My P226 LDC has quite a small triggerguard, and for work I use gloves like pic related. Do you suggest tactical gloves, and which one are the best?
Thx
>>
>>34794812
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Radians-RDSG11-Mens-Leather-Shooting-Gloves-Black-Large-X-Large/49191728?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=659&adid=22222222228037081087&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=58662707378&wl4=pla-91470163778&wl5=9013300&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112343802&wl11=online&wl12=49191728&wl13=&veh=sem
I use these. They're alright, I wouldn't use them for anything serious though.
>>
File: PIG 7002.jpg (82KB, 700x743px) Image search: [Google]
PIG 7002.jpg
82KB, 700x743px
Seems like most of the tacticool gloves nowadays are just recolored shitty motorcycle gloves.

I wanna get some of those PIG gloves, they look britty neat.
>>
>>34794821
cheers anon
>>
>>34794849
>PIG glove
yeh, they are kinda cool... but I really wonder if they are not to thick if you have to fumble the gun, like changing sights or working little screws or something, even grabbing ammo for reload?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3021x3174px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3021x3174px
>>34794862
This is how much room is left in the trigger guard of a P30 with my finger on the trigger. The leather is goatskin and pretty thin. These are size M/L I tried on 3 pairs and they all fit differently, so be mindful of that.
>>
File: 0439_kowloon.jpg (8KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
0439_kowloon.jpg
8KB, 210x210px
>>34794904
My guess is, pretty much all shooting gloves are pretty okay-style for pulling the trigger. But I really wonder how it feels, to grab ammo or dit anykind of work on little parts...
Hard to explain, but I kinda want some shooting-gloves that are like disposable gloves.
Or at least close to that specifications - but I guess, I got my expectations too high
>>
>>34794849
I've tried the PIG gloves and found them to be too thick in general. I've had the best luck with some of the Outdoor Research military line, like the Iron sights.
>>
Outdoor Research Alibi II gloves are ice climbing gloves and have very thin palm/inner-finger areas which make them awesome for having some finger dexterity. I typically just use Home Depot $4 deer skin gloves that I coated in hand lotion once and they're comfy/flexible af now.
>>
>>34794972
the closer you get to skin tight like disposable gloves the easier it will be to work with little parts, however in order to achieve this you have to really thin out the material. Sure you'll be able to work more precisely, but you'll lose protection for your hands and durability of the glove.

I dont do much tactical shit, but ive worked in landscaping for a while and I found Mechanix Mpact gloves are a decent hybrid of protection and usability
>>
>>34794983
>Outdoor Research Iron Sights
>>34794985
Those Outdoor Research look awesome, and they have good reviews, too. Pricey, but seem to be okay, as I probably just need one or two in a lifetime, I guess

> typically just use Home Depot $4 deer skin gloves that I coated in hand lotion once and they're comfy/flexible af now.

no we´re talking
>>
>>34795003
Thats exactly my dilemma !

So far, I think I will go with >Mechanix Mpact
Just found out, that they seem to be used by the German Military, too - and the price is really fine.
Got only 5 stars reviews on a German shop...
Thanks mate, I guess I will try them, if nothing extraordinary comes up here.
>>
>>34794812
I find the dipped, cut resistant to be the best middle ground between feeling what you're doing and making your hands lumps indestructible.
>>
>>34795038

Mechanix are nice in general, just wore down my first pair after like two years or something of regular use when biking, garden work, etc.

I'd recommend treating them somehow to make them waterproof however. Once they get wet you have wet gloves on your hands, which is annoying.
>>
>>34794812
I have strong anxiety issues so I tend to get hand sweat on the range. Bought the Mechanix Recon Tactical Shooting gloves (30-40 bucks), and now I can actually fire some shit
>>
>>34795802
>I have strong anxiety issues
along with most everyone else on /k/
>>
>>34794812
Go Mechanix or Go home.
>>
>>34794812
>What is /k/s opinion on gloves at the range or while shooting?

Unless you wear gloves in the real world (cold weather) or a certain occupation like military, in my opinion it's pretty dumb. You won't get the same feel on the grip and trigger on a gun with gloves as you would without them, use what you use outside of the range. This goes for clothing in general as well.

There's some application such as if you shoot AK's or other guns that get hot to handle particularly on the front end that warrants a glove to protect, rock on.

>be an accountant that conceal carries
>somehow find that you need some multicam mechanix in order to shoot your handgun
>>
>>34796898
Totally get your point. I dont like wearing gloves anyway - but Im just on an outdoor-shooting range. And I am supposed to shoot at least once every month of the year to get my permit in Germany ... (Its not the only way to get it - I actually can shoot 18 times within a year). But I want to shoot in Winter - and my guess is, I´ll be fine when I try some gloves that /k/ approves - as I have no experience with "glove-shooting" at all.
>>
I have a pair of wiley x and nomex flight gloves. both are great.
>>
File: IMG_0942.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0942.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I wear the non-knuckle reinforced mechanics gloves, I don't like the thickness of leather gloves while looking tacticool.

Don't cross use them if you work on cars though or you'll get greasy furniture.

Also practice doing actions with the gloves on. You will botch shit like locking slides back and shit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.