[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1408927110497.jpg (28KB, 352x319px) Image search: [Google]
1408927110497.jpg
28KB, 352x319px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>34794092
Look at that nose, it should tell you.
>>
File: with-jews-you-lose.jpg (115KB, 667x740px) Image search: [Google]
with-jews-you-lose.jpg
115KB, 667x740px
>>34794092
>>
>>34794092
Dick said in the HBO interview he wasnt a bad man he just got a lot of shit most of it was made up by dicknhimself and othwr

I am thinking dick was a real dick and was gas lighting sobel so he got fucked up I kind of feel sad for him that whole show was just one mans perspective of what happened and Hollywood lies so we don't know what really happened all that show did I was ruin that mans name there were others who complained as well like that Lt from the charge they made him look like an incompetent man in reality he was shot and a war hero

Also don't forget sobel got a rank higher then dick in the end
>>
>>34794488
He was quite accomplished in training his men. leading them in field is entire other story.
>>
>>34794622
Actually he did make the jump as opposed to what the show said
>>
Childhood is when you idolize Easy company. Adulthood is when you realize that Sobel makes more sense.
>>
>>34794488
>get shot
>become a hero
>>
>>34794092

Discipline equals Freedom you fucking pussy
>>
>>34794092
You mean other than being David Schwimmer?
>>
>>34794488
Do you know what a run-on sentence is?
>>
IRL Winters said that Sobel wasn't as bad as he's portrayed in the show
>>
easy.

Sobel was a try hard. He didn't get the concept of Work Hard Play Hard and when to cut the men some slack.

He is like Frank Burn from MASH.
>>
>>34794113
the nose knows :)
>>
IIRC, some of Easy liked Sobel in the end, saying that the only reason they survived was Sobel's crazy high expectations during training.
>>
>>34794092
Sobel was based, stop being a pussy.
>>
>>34795017
That is literally how you an hero.
>>
>>34794092
Hey now, I'm actually re-watching the entire series right now, lol. Just finished Ep.5 last night.

Apparently the real Captain Sobel attempted suicide- shot himself but lived & was blinded as bullet went from one temple and out the other severing optical nerves. I think the guy was a hardass and for the right reasons- he trained his men to be tough as fuck. Perhaps he's not a great tactician in combat role, but not everyone is. He was great at building a Easy Co into the finest fighting men.

Also, a few book don't paint Winters in the very best light.
>>
>>34794644
he also got lucky.

IIRC, he was supposed to be on the plane that got shot down during the initial invasion. He was bad for leading men into combat, but was a good instructor.
>>
Whatever, whatever. Alot of unproven or unknowable stuff.

I always thought it was fucked to so totally trash a real person's image, in a movie. I mean, I never knew of the guy before and all I get to go on is the one perspective. I would not innately find this to be evidence "to hang your hat on."

I wonder this though, if it was true, what would each of you individuals choose. If you knew it was the real truth, would you make a movie/claim that I currently find fundamentally distasteful?

Should we not care about whether people know if we are telling the truth so long as we do?

I think not. Because I can imagine a more honest, or at least more courteous, way of doing things.

Maybe some of you think we just need to be an ass anf shove what we believe is the truth in any medium we can, but if we do so without proof (the more damning the claims, the more is needed) then we make pyrric victories at best. Like a public brawl, no one just watching knows who was in the right, if any, at the start.
>>
>>34794092
They were on a break
>>
>>34796463

The worst example of misrepresentation I've ever heard of was that guy they made look bad in Zulu, apparently he was actually a great guy but they made him look like a coward. The real fucked up part is how they made a guy who really was a fuckup into a standup guy in the movie. It's like shit if you needed an asshole character to balance things out just use that guy. Makes me wonder if the second guy's family had connections to the producers or something.
>>
>>34794622
he was acomplished tho he went on to fight in korea and retired as Lieutenant colonel

even easy company said they would not have survived had it not been for his tough training

thinking back I thought dick was great but looking at it now and the show and how they make every one look I think sobel was a victim of dicks gas lighting and politics and bullying
>>
>>34796420
see
>>34796663
>>
>>34794113
>>34795819
|
>
|
|
>>
File: 1423717719904.gif (17KB, 130x129px) Image search: [Google]
1423717719904.gif
17KB, 130x129px
>>34795627
do you know what a run on sentence is tho i mean its 4chan and punctuation and readability and grammer isnt important especially since im posting from my phone plus im checking my ig tinder reddit 9gag facebook at the same time its not like im gonna change my writing style just to shitpost on 4chan lmao
>>
>>34796522
Underrated
>>
the more I watch the show, the less I like Richard Winters. At least the portrayal of him, anyway
>>
let's be real, if WWIII breaks out and we all get conscripted into the Infantry, we're gonna pray that we get a Sobel training us.

And there one thing about Sobel that nobody ever acknowledges - he was in the suck during the training right alongside his men. He gave himself no special privileges. Sure, he wasn't the best at maintaining morale, but as a trainer he was sure as hell effective.
>>
File: luz.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
luz.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>34794092
>>34795091
Oh that dog just ain't gonna hunt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVCTTuzj8ys
>>
>>34794092
"In 1970, Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliber pistol. The bullet entered his left temple, passed behind his eyes, and exited out the other side of his head. This severed his optic nerves and left him blind. He was later moved to a VA assisted living facility in Waukegan, Illinois. He resided there for his last seventeen years until his death due to malnutrition on 30 September 1987. No services were held for him after his death"
I feel bad for the guy, actually
>>
>>34797916
It's almost like we learned a lesson from world war 2 and there's a reason why our drill instructor isn't the platoon sgt we ship with these days.

You're supposed to hate those mother fuckers.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>34798040
if only he had been familiar with the concept of unagi
>>
>>34794669
>implying Dog company isn't far superior
>>
>>34798231
>It's almost like we learned a lesson from world war 2 and there's a reason why our drill instructor isn't the platoon sgt we ship with these days.
>You're supposed to hate those mother fuckers.

BS, I'd enlist active in heartbeat of I knew I would be lead by my drills, But I'm an NG army fag
>>
>>34795972
>join army
>shoots own foot
>???
>be an hero
its that easy, also don't have your friend do it to you, its why Chris Kyle failed
>>
>>34794092

Contraband, obvoiusly
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.