[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling a fun in CA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Sup /k/

I want to sell my Nugget, problem is I'm a CAfag and have no idea how private party transfers work. I know there are some new gun laws in place and Google only turns up info thats several years old. Any resources?

Also I'd be glad to sell it at a discount to a /k/omrade
>>
>and have no idea how private party transfers work.

Assuming you are a good law abiding citizen in CA, they don't. All sales legally have to go through an FFL holder, of course there's nothing stopping you from just selling the gun and saying you sold it to some guy in Nevada, where such things are perfectly legal. Not that I would ever do such a thing or suggest such a thing be done. Hi DOJ!
>>
>>34793796
>All sales legally have to go through an FFL holder

Damn, even for a C&R long gun like the M91/30?
>>
>>34793818
Yup. The only exceptions are pre-1899 or black powder.
>>
>>34793775
you and the buyer meet at a ca ffl
you both fill out forms
buyer pays gunshop 35$
at this point seller is done. buyer starts 10day wait. only reason for seller to be involved again is if buyer fails background check or neverpicks it up for reasons. if that shit happens seller can reclaim your property
actual money changing hands has nothing to do with the ffl. you can do this in the parking lot or whatever. you do not need to tell the ffl what the amount was or pay taxes.
>>
>>34793775
Work inna gun store OP. As the seller you literally only need one thing, just a valid ID. Some stores will ask that it be valid or no P O Box, mine isn't and I've done it. The other guy will need his ID and FSC card. The paperwork can be a little longer than normal so be prepared to spend 20 ish minutes there. You also don't need to be there for pick up but you do when you first get there. Also make sure that the person you're selling to is gonna pass the background check. Can't tell you how many times a guy has taken the money, spent it, and we had to return his rifle to him.

Any other questions
>>
>>34793878
another anon, so if i were to get a spanish model 1893 made before 1899, could i have it shioped to me in cali?
>>
>>34793775
Where in CA
>>
>>34794140
Orange County
>>
>>34793878
Do I have to notify the FFL (most likely a gunshop) in advance, and do I have to actually bring the gun inside for the FFL to check serial #s etc.?
>>
>>34794200
How much?
>>
>>34795741
'bout $310.49
>>
>>34795741
Previous reply wasn't me, but he's not far off. I'll sell you the rifle, a rifle bag, bayonet, sling, ammo pouch, a couple stripper clips, and all my remaining ammo (about 200 surplus rounds?) for $300. It's a pre-war Tula as well, round receiver.
>>
>>34794608
>Do I have to notify the FFL (most likely a gunshop) in advance
no.
do I have to actually bring the gun inside for the FFL to check serial #s etc.?
yes. for the love of god have the gun be cased and unloaded
>>
>>34798588
Got it. Thanks /k/omrade
>>
>>34798343
id buy in cali, buying a vz24 and an spainish model 1893 off another anon next week
>>
>>34799628
Are you going to be in the Orange County area?
>>
>>34799919
no im in LA more specifically Lawndale/Hawthorne
>>
>>34793775
in illinois you still have to check their foid card and make them wait the brady hours.
>>
>>34799929
I'm headed up to the central coast this weekend via the 405N/101N, then coming back to OC the same way early next week. Lawndale/Hawthorne is on my way. Do you have a burner email I can contact you through?
>>
>>34793878
i lost my Cali ID can i use my passport instead?
>>
>>34800028
lost my ID only have 300 cash right now and i have no idea how much left in my bank account, don't get a check till next week on wensday, passed my fsc test but didnt have my credit card, i can drop you the email, but i don't want to make you wait
>>
>>34800028
showed it to my sisters bf who like bolt action, you have any pics? Hes interested
>>
>>34800810
I can take some and email them to you if you'd like
>>
>>34800995
[email protected]
not a honey pot i promise
>>
>>34801187
Sent
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.