[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QUESTION FOR MILITARY ANONS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2425.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2425.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
this is an important question for people who actually know shit about the military, i have actual depression but I'm not diagnosed because I hear that having a history with depression is an immediate disqualification from joining the us military. Are you sure that you cannot get a wavier? I really wanna get help first and work out my mental problems but I also wanna join, what the fuck do i do? I dont think I need medication. Will I get disqualified if I had depression but overcame it?
>>
Just try man, the doods will help out
>>
Lie to your recruiter at least as much as he is lying to you. Sometimes more.
>>
>>34793058
>i have actual depression but I'm not diagnosed because I hear that having a history with depression is an immediate disqualification from joining the us military.
How do you have Hx of it, with out a diagnosis?
OP, if you're taking anti depressants, chances are that they'll show up in a drug test.
That being said OP, if you have any medical documentation of this, the military cannot legally look in to your records without you turning them in. Are you on meds now?
I am basically a navy equivalent of a medic (corpsman). So ask what you want. Also tell me more about your depression.
>>
>>34793058
Well for some, your depression is stemming from a lack of purpose, the military may become your purpose, and as long as long as you dedicate your life to it, you'll be happy in a sense, I dedicate my life to guns, collecting them, preserving history, making sure some go to museums so that everyone can see, now I'm holy I over came my blues because of it, it worked for me, it may work for you
>>
Get help from an anonymous source. There is the suicide hotline, and lots of other undocumented ways to get help.
>>
>>34793144
>Well for some, your depression is stemming from a lack of purpose
I agree with this. I can't say I was really depressed before I joined. Just bored. That being said, a lot of guys like that do great in bootcamp, and to some extent in their job training however break apart once they hit their first command.
>>
OP, its been 15 minutes. You dead? Genuinely want to help.
>>
>>34793138
I constantly moved, got bullied my entire childhood all the way to high school until I dropped out then got my GED. I have commitment problems. I have short bursts of motivation. I had a weak father figure who would always hit me and tell me that I'm destined to fail in life, all my teachers in grade school told me this too, because of this shitty childhood, I ended up becoming a manchild who is undisciplined. I have only 1 friend and we barely hang out, and I only met him online. Everyday i think about killing myself but I try and suppress it. I'm very physically fit and I have a very healthy diet. I wanna go to a therapist and work out my mental problems but I don't wanna be cucked on medication that robs my testosterone and disqualifies me from the military, what the hell do I do? I wanna join so I can escape poverty and become a new man who isn't a undisciplined lazy fuck.
>>
>>34793327
>I have commitment problems
The military should help you with this, for most of the stuff you do you'll be held accountable for, or your superiors will will be held accountable, and in short make sure you take care of yourself/work.
As far as father figures go, in a strange way the military can become almost like one. Not the same, but once you find a good NCO and he takes you under his wing you'll really see the importance of what you do, and ultimately in yourself. As far as friends, you will always have some in the military since dual accountability is so emphasized. As far as therapy goes, you can still go and not take meds. Even in the military you can have this. Definitely stay away from meds if you plan on joining up though.
Once your in though, you'll always have someone to talk to about this kind of stuff. The Chaplain for example, everything between you and him is confidential, and if you're not into religion he won't push religion on to you either. That being said if you're seeking a stable job, 3 square meals a roof over your head and discipline the military can be the right way to go. You have to be willing to adapt though. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? I was in a somewhat similar situation as you, though I was never bullied, in highschool I was a total under acheiver and growing up I never really listened to my dad. I talk to nearly zero of my friends I knew as a civilian (even when I was still a civilian). Also, as a young child I have been to therapy, but it didn't stop me from joining. I had relatively little direction prior to entering, but I think I have done pretty well for myself as a junior NCO.
I apologize if I'm rambling I'm just very tired and am having difficulty getting my thoughts together.
>tl;dr the military can be great for you, if you are willing to adapt and to not be a dirtbag.
>>
I'm that same guy that replied just a minute ago.
Basically, OP in my opinion the best reason to join the military is for a desire to serve with a sense of duty, to have that camaraderie and self development that you can't get elsewhere.
>>
>>34793442
also, i have anger problems
>>
>>34793058
Not diagnosed? Then how do you know you have depression? :^) How would anyone know you have depression?

New Opportunities await you.
>>
>>34793058
you are going to get kicked out before you get out of MEPS
>>
>>34793058

it all depends on how bad your depression symptoms are & whether this is a mood thing or a real mental illness like chemical imbalance in the brain

if you are clinically depressed forget it you will fuckup & this problem will get worse with time - hopefully they screen you out before you get near any weapons and start killing people because you are so fucked up

see nami.org

if its a mood thing you still might fuckup because basic training will beat the hell out of you and if you're moody now just wait until you are in the middle of that

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE LADIES
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.