[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lower rank when in active service

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Vlcsnap-2012-03-10-20h10m38s100.png (361KB, 667x464px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2012-03-10-20h10m38s100.png
361KB, 667x464px
So in the movie this was a drill instructor who was a Sargeant while training infantry.

On active service he is a private

Does this actually happen?
>>
>>34792765
No.
>>
PUT YOUR HAND ON THAT WALL
>>
>>34792765
if you pay attention during the movie, he gets busted down in rank just because he wants to serve
Do people get busted down in rank?
yes
under these circumstances?
fuck no.
you can only lose rank as a punitive measure
for ex. lets say a sgt. gets a dui out in town.
he can lose rank upon an NJP. but this is strictly command dependent.
if you're a bit of a shit bag, yeah, you may lose rank as well as receive half pay and even have your on base license revoked.
once again, it's all based on your chain of command, and how good of a marine/soldier you are (and how much they like you).

TL;DR
no. you cannot lose rank for requesting another duty station.

extra
if they do bust you down for any non judiciary reasons, seek out SACO/Chaplain/higher/and even a JAG because that shit don't fly and request MAST
>>
Zim got the bug!
>>
I knew an m-day 1SG who dropped to SFC to be an AGR recruiter. Not quite the same, but there it is.
>>
>>34792765
You're so off the bounce it ain't even funny.
>>
>>34792878
I thought he got busted down for the destroying the paperwork that shitcanned Rico.
>>
>>34793008
What do you expect from some ape so dumb he'd be outsmarted by a neodog?
>>
>>34792765
>>34792774
>>34792774
>>34792878
>>34793053
He got demoted because he abandoned his duty. His role in the Mobile Infantry is a Instructor, to quit this to become a infantry grunt is dereliction of duty and to do so is punished by demotion. This keeps dudes from dipping out from dangerous duty.
>>
So. Typically if you go from national guard to active duty you get reduced in rank.

Alternatively going active to natty guard is a promotion.
Anecdotal evidence
>join platoon two weeks before deployment
>spc (p) is not deploying and going to blc
>finishes blc in a month, already dropped packet to switch to natty guard
>promotes to e6 upon reporting to station
>went e4 to e6 in three months (took a month off for leave between reporting after blc)
>>
>>34793196
I know NG is pretty retarded and all, but I can't see someone going from spc straight to ssg. There is so much NCO training and other shit inbetween.
>>
>>34792765
It's science fiction. Rank is a lot more fluid in the MI than the real world. Look at Rico's rise from private to lieutenant in the course of one campaign. If you want a half-assed rationalization, I'd say soldiers are a lot more expendable in that culture, so they're more willing to take chances on unproven talent. If a new leader succeeds, great. If not, someone else is always in line.
>>
>>34792878
Many WWII vets had to accept demotions in order to remain in service (active and reserve) following the downsize post victory.
>>
>>34792878
In the third movie, rico who is a major was about to get hanged for allowing the bugs to break into a base he was in charge of, it didn't fall, but that alone was enough to get him sacked
>>
Zimm bussed himself to private just to catch the brain
And because old Carl was psychic he could feel the bug's brain pain
>>
>>34792765
Didn't he bust down cos he re in listed cos he wanted to fight rather then be a drill?

Does that happen you reinlist and lose your rank
>>
>>34792878
You can lose your paygrade by switching services without it being a punitive punishment.

You can also have been frocked, where you are in a probationary period and do not receive pay of that rank but wear and act in the role of that rank, and if you fail during the probationary period could potentially fall back to the rank Pre-frock, but that incident would definitely ruin any chance of a future career.
>>
>>34792765
No. And Rico wouldn't of gone from Private to staff Sargent that quick either. But we also don't fight bugs across the Galaxy, so maybe we shouldn't read too much into it.
>>
The opposite can happen in some reservist militaries
>get conscripted
>become reserve 2nd. Lt
>apply for professional position as a peacekeeper/instructor/whatever
>serve as a sergeant
>war happens
>2nd. Lt again
>>
>>34794459
When I was in if you re-enlisted while in, you kept rank or got a bonus. If you EASd and later decided you wanted back in, you lost 1 rank. Example a Sgt. became a Cpl. again
>>
CARRY ON PRIVATE.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.