[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello. i am new to shooting but decided I would give it a try

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: takpatrol_FotoSketcher.jpg (2MB, 2541x1277px) Image search: [Google]
takpatrol_FotoSketcher.jpg
2MB, 2541x1277px
hello. i am new to shooting but decided I would give it a try today, I fired some pistol and shotgun, I forget their names. anyways, firing the pistol was fine after a helpful dude told me to start firing at the bottom of my breath, but the shotgun kept killing my shoulder everytime i fired it, to the point where I just didn't want to anymore. what did I do wrong? did I not shoulder it tightly enough? it felt like I was.

sorry pic unrelated. didn't know what to post there
>>
>>34792151
and when I say the shotgun was killing my shoulder, I mean the kick/recoil from it was punching my shoulder/armpit back really hard.
>>
Stock should be on your pectoral, not the actual shoulder joint. And pull it in tighter.
>>
You're supposed to fire a shotgun from the hip, dumbass.
>>
>>34792679

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eve8K3qpFk
>>
>>34792151
Good ol arma
>>
>>34792151
12 gauge ?
tis annoying amount of recoil
45/70 is more comfy
>>
>>34792151
https://youtu.be/fS1_nmSMGy0

If you're not using or intending on using a shotgun for defensive purposes then ignore this and buy/request the shotgun be loaded birdshot/target loads next time.
>>
>>34792151
Nothing, depending on the load even in the same length of shell it can range from slight kiss to shoulder-killer.
>>
>>34792762
exactly what i thought
>>
>>34792151
Shut up eurofag you've never shot a damn thing in your life.
>>
Cal 12 shotguns do have a kick. It can be eased somewhat by a better placement against your shoulder, or a rubber sole on the stock. Also a proper slightly forward stance will make your body meet the blow better. Also if you are somewhat taller or shorter than average the stock length could perhaps be improved with a different shotgun.
>>
>>34792151
With a shotgun, you have to shoulder it properly.

Take the stock of the shotgun and hold it against your shoulder and have someone push against it. You will most likely feel it pressing against your collarbone.

It's not a case of just putting it against your shoulder, you have to put it in your shoulder.

There is a natural groove in your shoulder between it and the collar bone. It's a bit hard to describe how to find it over text, but try this:

With the stock shouldered, lift your trigger arm up into a 'chickenwing' position, while keeping the shotgun on your shoulder. You should feel it shift a little. Then close the arm down onto the stock. Try having someone push onto it now. It should feel more comfortable and as if it was in a groove in your shoulder.

This will not only mean you will be able to shoot more comfortably, but will also give you more stability and control over the shotgun.

Now as you're a beginner with a shotgun, typically what you want to do is point, not aim. What this means is that unless your shotgun has rifle style sights on it, you will be far more effective with it on targets by keeping your eyes open and pointing the gun on target. This is also recommended for moving targets. Point a shotgun as if you were pointing your finger at the target.
>>
>>34792151
Your build can make a considerable difference to felt recoil, I can happily shoot field loads for a couple of hours. My brother in law who's taller and slimmer can maybe do a quarter of that before it becomes too uncomfortable.
>>
>>34792679
There's a classic scene in an early James Bond film with Sean Connery doing just that and blasting the clay pigeon - to the amazement of the onlookers. As a kid, I didn't get it, til hunter uncle told me that that was incredibly hard to do right.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.