[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forced to return gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 12

File: glock 22.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
glock 22.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
I have an interesting situation that happened to me this past weekend. So I went to a local gun show looking for a Glock 22 to buy. It's important to know I am 19 years old, so I can't buy handguns from FFL licensed dealers but it was my understanding that I could buy from private sellers. So I go to the show and find a Gen 2 Glock 22 in good condition for a reasonable price, looked like a police trade in. I buy the gun with cash and everything is fine. Then my buddy goes back to the table and attempts to but a Gen 4 Glock 17. The same guy notices on his ID that he is not 21 and only 20. He begins to sperg out and denies the sale to him, but my buddy decides to say "well yall sold him one and hes not 21, youre not regulated by FFL regulations". That is when it gets heated, the guy follows me around demanding I just return the gun, ill get my money back, and there wont be any problems. I know the law and knew I hadnt committed any crime so I wasnt going to be walked on by this guy. He then decides to bring the sheriff deputy into it. The 6'5 black deputy says "give the gun back and there wont be any problems". I explain the law to him and he goes and gets an ATF agent that was present. I was hopeful he would have my side since his department is the one that set the law I was referencing. I was wrong. The three men surround me and demand I give the gun back under threat of arrest. Cont..
>>
I ask them "what law am I breaking?" then the deputy gets in my face and says "I am the law! and if you dont give the gun back youre getting arrested right here". I knew I was right but it wasn't worth the trouble of getting arrested so I gave it back and was promptly kicked out of the gun show. In the parking lot I looked up the exact statute I was referencing where only FFL licensed dealers were restricted from selling to 18-21 year olds and went back to show the ATF agent who was standing out front. He said "Ok well sometimes what is on the books and what we do in practice is a little different". I ended up getting my step father to go back and buy me the exact gun 20 minutes later so It wasnt a total loss but was it legal what they did to me? They used intimidation to get me to return a perfectly legal firearm. Also, my buddy who is 20 bought a handgun from a different private seller at the same show, so obviously these LEO's dont know jack shit. Thoughts? Could I possibly file a complaint with the Sheriff dept. or the ATF?
>>
>>34785261
>>34785262
You got punk'd by retards who have no idea what they're doing. Welcome to the real world. You now have an understanding of why even honest people, not just criminals, dislike law enforcement.
>>
>>34785261
>>34785262

You knew your rights everyone there seems like a bunch of dipshits. And your "friend" is an asshole for roping you into that he should have just let it go. While it is legal not everyone is comfortable with it so while yes you can that doesn't mean that people will
>>
Should have wrapped your finger around the pin and assured them that nobody would get hurt as long as they surrendered and released you.
>>
just let it be, man
>>
Should've let yourself be arrested and sued the fuckers.
>>
>>34785261
you need to get some friends that know when to shut up.
>>
>>34785294
Yes, I would have no problem if he didn't sell to me in the first place but the transaction didn't happen. He can be as uncomfortable as he pleases.
>>
>>34785261
1. You got fucked by cops who think they get to enforce laws how they see fit
2. You have a shitty asshole friend who felt he needed to spoil it for you because he can't get one too.
>>
>>34785314
I know, it was a dick move but I don't think he saw it escalating much further since I already had the gun and we knew the law
>>
>>34785309
This. As soon as the sherrif was involved you should have called Saul.

>>34785314
Also this.
>>
>>34785261
Because of situations like these it really should be legal to just pull a gun out and kill police and ATF agents and face no charges or repercussions.
>>
>>34785343
Is there anything I can do now that the situation is over? Maybe file an officer complaint?
>>
Moral of the story is your friend has the intelligence equivalent of a 15 year old female. I'd fuck him in the ass promptly to teach him a lesson if I were you.
>>
Your buddy is a self-serving dick and you should never be around him and firearms at the same time, ever again.
>>
>>34785382
eh, I was kind of pissed but he thought that he would use me to explain how it is legal. He apologized but still
>>
>>34785367
You can, but it'll do absolutely nothing. This one is pretty much donezo.
>>
>>34785367
Fuck that.
Straight up sue them.
And don't waste your own money hiring a lower. At the very least you'll make these pricks lose money in lawyer fees. Sue the department and the ATF separately. And File formal charges against that dumb Nigger officer on account of Intimidation and thread of violence.
>>
>>34785261
>>34785293
This guy is right

The worst part is there is nothing you can do about it. US police are basically just a slightly better version of, say, venezuelan police.
>>
Also, daily reminder to pull out your phone and start recording whenever the police are involved, period.
>>
Things that never happened.

>I am the law

Come on
>>
>>34785400
*Lawyer* and *threats*
>>
>>34785413
You obviously don't have much experience with cops. He said that word for word with his chest in my face
>>
>>34785261
>Thoughts?

you seem like an asshole & likely will get into and cause more trouble in the future

and note - your pops buying the gun & giving it to you is also illegal
>>
>>34785479
No it isn't. Check the instructions of the most recent 4473.
>>
>>34785479
>>34785479
Fuck off.
The cop and the ATF were the wothless threatening pieces of shit here not the op.
I'd have both hanged, publicly.
>>
>>34785479
How am I an asshole for legally buying a gun? I didnt think there would be any issue it was a routine gun buy. Also gifting guns is absolutely legal, as is buying from any private seller
>>
>>34785261
You did the right thing, and still got your gun.

Firearm legislation and law enforcement are so absolutely corrupt you do not want to play tango with them.

Keep in mind this is the same ATF that gave guns to Mexican cartels resulting in the deaths of American citizens, and who honey-potted autists and mentally delinquent individuals into illegal purchases... They're writing policies as they go along, interpreting the law and policies per occasion as they see fit.

And the corruption of police is a whole different discussion.

"He said, she said" against these guys is not a safe route to go. Comply if it is not a burden, otherwise keep quiet and lawyer up.
>>
>>34785262
>>34785261

call the NRA, sue.
>>
>>34785479
Only illegal if he gave his dad the money to buy it for him.

If his dad wanted to buy it as a gift, he's fine.
>>
You cant even buy the ammo for it. What a little shit. All this drama you caused over a literal glocknade. I hope you blow your fingers off
>>
>>34785515
Sorry for wanting a certain gun, this is /k/ isn't it? Also ammo is not an issue, there is plenty of .40 S&W available to me.
>>
>>34785479
>talking out ass
>>
>>34785535
There's an underage guy who works at my LGS and he gets shit from his coworkers trying to buy ammo all the time.
>>
>>34785515
Can't buy ammo

>it's for a rifle

Also you dumb anti gun liberal faggot
>shall not be infringed
>>
>>34785515
>letting law enforcement prevent you from doing something completely legal
Jesus, do you let random men fuck your wife too?
>>
>>34785571
Most stores separate pistol and rifle ammo. The biggest gun grabbers were conservative you dumbass cuck
>>
>>34785592
There are .40 carbines dumbass
>>
>>34785499
>How am I an asshole for legally buying a gun?

that's not the asshole part which was acting like a jerk and arguing with all those people

better approach ?

give the gun back to the seller the 1st time he asked for it get your $$ then get your dad to buy the gun

no fuss no muss people are not too upset

but no you had you insist on your rights and make a scene and act like some autistic drama queen and seriously irritate everybody

got it ?

and fuck all you juvenile retards who would also act like this
>>
>>34785328
this

Your friend NIGGED you so FUCKING HARD
>>
>>34785592
You're the cuck capitulating to something that isn't even illegal, then chastising those who speak up about it.
On top of that he can buy "hand gun" ammo as long as he states it's for a rifle. I bought 40 and 9x19 plenty when i was under 21by telling the cashier it was for a PCC.
>>
>>34785616
>>34785616
Yeah he was polite. I would have pulled out my phone, asked the father to do the same and Start recording.
Would have certainly told them if they do anything id sue both the police agency and the ATF and them personally.
Now fuck off you spineless ball less limp writes beta imbecile.
>>
>>34785592
>"Hi can I get that box of .40 S&W? It's for my pistol cal carbine lol"
>"yeah sure brah here you go senpai"
literally that easy, stop being retarded
>>
>>34785357
>You should kill people who have a misunderstanding of the law

You should kill yourself antifa scum.
>>
>>34785616
I was being polite the whole time. They were being total jerks
>>
>>34785650
I am sure you underage fags did this all the time for your hipoint carbines.
>>
>>34785616
>Just let them fuck you bro, btw it's your fault they're taking away your rights because you tried to prevent them from taking your rights
bootlickers like you should be dragged into tha street and shot
>>
>>34785640

you still come across as an asshole

what is the pull out the phone bit ? what is the threatening to sue bit ?

seriously pal you need to grow the fuck up and learn how to interact with the real world to achieve whatever goals you have in the smoothest possible manner

instead of being some prickly cactus causing pain to whoever has to interact with you

where did i learn all this ? from being a computer contractor & having to work with lots of people and characterizing them just like i did you, some people are just fucking clueless about how to get things done and spin their wheels because they want attention or whatever

seriously
>>
>>34785670

are you a nigger ?
>>
>>34785653
Fuck off. I'm not antifa, those subhuman loving commie faggots should be gassed and so should statist bullies with a badge that think they can do whatever they want and that they have special privileges over the rest of us.
>>
>>34785616
Nothing in OPs post implied he wasn't being polite the whole time. He also relented when he realized they weren't budging. The only asshole here sems to be you riding in on your high horse.
>>
>>34785677
so according to you, everyone should just let cops do as they please even if it violates their basic human rights? Filming cops isn't against the law, it helps everyone by ensuring the cop knows he's responsible and the person filming will be held responsible if he fucks up too.
>>34785684
no, but it sounds like you are. Only a nigger would give up his rights at the drop of a hat
>>
>>34785684
>>34785677
>>34785669
>>34785653
>>34785616
>>34785592
>>34785515
You're either a troll, some natsoc polfag who believes that LEOs are right 100% of the time, whichever it is. You're a colossal faggot
>>
>>34785510
Seriously, this.
>>
File: 1490246996720.png (478KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1490246996720.png
478KB, 512x512px
>>34785262
>I am the law
>>
>>34785721
uniorincally that is exactly what the cop looked like
>>
>>34785711
Just because a LEO is an idiot doesn't mean you kill him you fucking faggot. If the guy fixing your A/C doesn't complete the repair do you shoot him?
Do you just kill everyone who makes a mistake? If so please kill your parents first.
>>
>>34785677
No I would have done so to prove wrongful arrest or assault and to intimidate them.
And if anything happened I would have certainly went down to the county clerk and filed several civil suits and also filed formal criminal complaints and would make sure to hound the prosecutors office to do something and would have filed formal complaints against that officer and ATF agents. Would have their names too and would write a blog about them and report them to any news outlets that would hear me. The videos would certainly go online. Same with the piece of shit seller except no civil suit. I would make sure to read up on all laws and any prior cases that are similar to this.
I would waste their money and Time and hopefully ruin their reputations. Fuck them.

Sorry, we're not all spineless bootlickers like you.
>>
>>34785262
>Could I possibly file a complaint with the Sheriff dept. or the ATF?
Yes but if you didn't get some form of ID from the people involved then it's likely nothing will happen. Even if you did it's still fairly likely nothing will happen T B H.
>>
>>34785261

You need to get better friends. What a fucking asshole.
>>
>>34785751
>LEO is idiot
>shoots someone

>a/c repair man is idiot
>takes longer to get my a/c fixed

You're using a straw man argument to misrepresent my argument and you're comparing Apple's to oranges. Grow up faggot.
>>
>>34785677
Listen, I'm all for the path of least resistance in life, but I can't see how you can compare encountering the odd asshole at work to being the same thing as OP's situation.
>>
>>34785768
>Waste their money
Where do you think "their" money comes from?
>File lawsuits
So the courts who consistently see these cops put away bad guys are suddenly going to see you unable to buy a gun and rule in your favor? Fat chance.
>Revenge
You must be 18 to post here.
>>
>>34785262
You could try talking to a lawyer. Did you get the names of all involved parties?
>>
>>34785768
>Sorry, we're not all spineless bootlickers like you

ok fine if that's what i am in your view then 4 sure you have misperceived me & misunderstood my posts but i'm still convinvced you're just another cactus prick wanting to cause trouble to win the - difficult to deal with award - and i guess your type is more the norm here & in general the loony bin gun owner type

no different than the militant libbies marching under their banner - just want to confront & cause trouble instead of getting things done

blah blah blah
>>
>>34785794
Where in this thread has anyone been shot? 99.999% of the time shootings happen because the suspect deserved it, even when the MSM shows the videos.

The .0001% are much less a problem than self inflicted shootings, gang violence or car wrecks.

But, again, we weren't talking about shootings. This is a leo who doesn't know every single law on the books. So strange that he doesn't have the libraries of laws memorized.
>>
>>34785261
>but my buddy decides to say "well yall sold him one and hes not 21, youre not regulated by FFL regulations"
Your buddy is dumb and fucked you over
>>
>>34785801
I don't give a shit. Not my fault the government wastes hundreds of billions on low iq subhumans, kike wars, wothless leftist bullshit sociology studies, diversity offices, 700 billion on the military and wothless beurocrats and agencies enforcing unconstitoonal laws.
Doesn't matter if they rule in my favor. They'll waste their time and money. Im not gonna use a lawyer, they will.
Then there's the damage to their reputation.
Again were not all spineless boot lickers.
>>
>>34785826
Yeah because being a spineless bootlickers is how you get things done.
"If you kill your enemies - they win." - Justin Trudeau
>you
>>
>>34785262
My jim jams are rustled now OP, that's some bullshit.
>>
>>34785846
>I don't give a shit
You ARE the subhuman
>Not my fault the government...
Yes it is. You vote, write, parade and buy a bullhorn. You're just a whiny bitch, that's the real problem.

>WAAAH THE POLIZ IS MEEN
>Ohh well fucking govment GET OUT RREEEE
>>
>>34785836
>99.999% of the time suspect deserved it

Lolok
>>
>>34785836
Yeah Leo's don't know even the most basic of things. I'm guessing the average Leo iq is probably 90.
Dumb high school drop outs or near dropouts that get off on power trips.
Makes sense why they don't allow anyone with a high iq to join.
>>
>>34785874
That's a strange way to say, "wow you're right, my opinion is wrong and I'm a fucking idiot."
Luckily I can read what you meant.
>>
>>34785400

Hi. I'm a lawyer. There is so much wrong with this that I have to break it down into individual, easier-to-chew parts.

>Fuck that.

This part I agree with.

>Straight up sue them.

You haven't been damaged, so you're only entitled to, at best, your attorney's fees.

>And don't waste your own money hiring a lower (sic).

This would mean you wouldn't have attorney's fees.

>At the very least you'll make those pricks lose money in lawyer fees.

You will be much easier to beat, because you have no clue how to operate in federal court, conduct mandatory discovery, or do anything. And they'll be much less likely to negotiate because they know that.

>Sue the department and the ATF separately.

You'd be suing the county and the United States.

>And File formal charges against that dumb Nigger officer etc. etc.

There was no threat of violence, but this is probably the only way to at least help someone in the future.

tl;dr don't listen to that asshole
>>
>>34785836
Exactly. If he's not familiar with the law, then he shouldn't be threatening to arrest someone under it. Also an ATF agent was present at a gun show and didn't know a statute that should be common knowledge to an agency that deals specifically with firearm regulations.
>>
>>34785846
>They'll waste their time and money.
They'll waste our time and money. Your time and money.
>Im not gonna use a lawyer
You may as well just sit on a broom if you're looking for an easy way to fuck yourself. No offense but you came to 4chan for advice on this matter and suing government agencies is probably out of your league.
>>
>>34785901
Thanks for blowing out the faggot. Are you involved in criminal law often?
>>
>>34785836
They're also lazy fat fucks. 55k a year to mostly sit on their fat ass and harass citizens or do no knock warrants against people with some pot or shutting a little girls lemonade stand.
Fucking pathetic pieces of garbage. Only their badge makes them special.
>>
File: judge_dredd_19ba.png (294KB, 299x371px) Image search: [Google]
judge_dredd_19ba.png
294KB, 299x371px
I'm just sayin
>>
>>34785915
You're definitely right about LEOs being assholes, because even though the ATF agent would have known that law, either his judgment to resolve the issue or his personal opinion got in the way.

This doesn't make them bad people. It makes them assholes sometimes, but insulting every LEO in the country because of a story you heard on 4chan is pretty stupid.
>>
>>34785929
Wow, you are way too deep into the MSMs police narrative. You literally have MSM stories memorized. I'm starting to suspect some judaism here.
>>
>>34785901
If they had arrested me or caused me physical harm I would be. And what? Threatening violence isn't a criminal offense just because they're an office when I did nothing wrong?

Im not an idiot, knowledge is no substitution for intelligence and I would have both. Go every law book and every case regarding this matter. Research the judge id see and the police department. See if I can find anything about the police officer and ATF involved.
Any prior history with abuse of power.
And again winning would simply be a bonus, the point is to fuck with them and make them lose money and to ruin the reputation of the officer and ATF agent.
And Jesus did you read what the ATF agent said?
"What's on the books is different than what we enforce"
Fucking hell. Get the right judge and you would win.
He even admitted that it is legal for a person under 21 to buy a handgun but still threatened violence and arrest.
>>
>>34785846
>I won't use a lawyer, they will.
So you'll lose?
>>
>>34785984
Tbh had you been arrested you'd prolly have a case. They'd dismiss charges or offer a plea bargain or some shit.
>>
>>34785975
I read about a story about a doctor making a bet on a football game. Some wothless prick detective overheard him and apparently it was over 2500. Got a piece of shit judge to give him a no knock swat warrant.
The doctor was killed in the raid.
Why shouldn't I hate police and judges and these wothless federal agencies?

And back to that case, all of the people involved should be pubicly hanged and their friends, family and colleagues made to watch.
>>
>>34785261
You should've sold it back to him with a markup.
>>
>>34785995
No I wouldn't(depends mostly on the judge). Stop this bullshit kike narrative that you need a lawyer or that you need an accountant or that you need x when we have the internet today and access to almost any piece of information you could ever want easily accessible.
We're not all Brainlets like you.
>>
What state did you say this took place in, OP? Was the seller an FFL? Just because you were at a gun show doesn't make the sale "private", you know?

It sounds to me like you might not know jack shit, nor any of your defenders in this thread, because I don't see anyone asking the right questions here.
>>
>>34785984
>Threatening violence
What violence did they threaten you with?
>>
>>34785928

Yes. I do civil, criminal, and family.

Any lawyer who would take this suit has too much time on their hands, frankly. You have to do these cases on contingency and deal with things like qualified immunity (i.e. should the officer have actually known he was depriving you of a constitutional rights, based on the law in that circuit court), plus the lawyers on the state/federal side litigate the cases hard to avoid bad press.

Unfortunately, the 1 in 1000 lawsuit that ends up having some value is always heavily publicized, and people think you can just "sue the fucker" and pretty soon you'll be putting down the payment on your Ferrari. It is a much harder road to hoe.
>>
>>34786069
The police officer clearly made a threat of violence. If the op handt given up he could have been unlawfully arrested and probably been pushed down to the ground.
That's a threat of violence.
>>
>>34786062
It was in Florida. And he was a private seller I asked him before. If he wasnt a private seller I would have to do a background check and fill out paperwork. You are the one who doesn't know what hes talking about
>>
>>34786083
the goal isn't to get money. It's to financially hurt them and their reputation.
The police officer did know. It's a basic fucking law - the legality of gun ownership. It's not some esoteric law.

Another thing the ATF agent admitted, publicly, that on the books, it's legal for a person under 21 to privately buy a handgun but that he's choosing to ignore the actual law.
>>
File: Blank_77f41c_6115887.jpg (57KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Blank_77f41c_6115887.jpg
57KB, 800x800px
>>34785293
Literally this.
T H I S
H
I
S

90% of LEOs are faggot LARPers
>>
>>34786087
>That's a threat of violence.
Prove it.
>>
>>34785261
Find the most Jewish lawyer money can buy and Sue the ATF and the police department for emotionally damaging a child that was fully within his rights to purchase a firearm and possibly arrest the faggot who didn't check you for ID, you coulda been a terrorist!

Burn the whole system to the fucking ground. Hope you don't have any dogs though, the ATF doesn't take kindly to people who undermine them or make them look foolish
>>
>>34785984

"Give the gun back or there won't be any problems" is what I assume you're referring to.

This implicates an age-old axiom:

>Being an asshole is not illegal.

Those words could be a threat to arrest you, or throw you out of the show, or call your parents, or shoot you in the head.

An actionable threat is something that would make a reasonable person believe they were about to be attacked. For instance, him raising a baton, or pulling his gun out, pointing it at you, and saying "I'm about to shoot you."

It sucks that you were treated this way and I don't condone it. I'm just trying to give you realistic legal advice from someone who has actually sued LEOs. Your statement that you would read "every law book and every case regarding this matter" or "research the judge" implies that if you knew more about the law, the case might get better. But there's just not enough here.
>>
>>34785295
Underrated
>>
>>34786141
I watched a video of someone firing(they called it a review) of a pws mk216.
It was this balding faggot manlet Leo with this military flak helmet and some military goggles in body armory firing th rifle in that side ways Position against a door.
He's fucking larping as a military.
Oooooh you're a such a bad ass you larping balding fat fuck faggot.
Gonna kill some dogs in a no knock raid? How about someone that uses pot? How about enforcing other unconstitutional laws? How about beating someone up and arresting them because they started to record your illegal actions?
>>
>>34786175
this is the OP, the guy youre replying to is not me. And he explicitly threatened me with arrest not the problem comment
>>
>>34786175
I'm not the op but am fucking pissed.

That's up to interpretation. Even still I bet if he had refused it would have escalated and it would be an "actual threat" or he would have been straight up assaulted.
>>
>>34786211
this, especially since i had a firearm on me at the time
>>
>>34786175
Look you don't need to know every minute detail of case law. He had the legal right to buy that gun. The ATF agent even admitted so but still chose to arrest him if he hadn't given it up. This a clear violation of his threats, definitely if he was arrested or assaulted or probably both.
>>
>>34785262
You were doing okay until literally admitted to your step father commiting a straw purchase which is a felony, retard.
>>
You should have taken ALL badge numbers
You should have called the fucking police captain and got him down there
You should have called the head of the show and informed him of this dealer
And should have called the ATF and reported this dealer.
Call the NRA as well...they will...fuck someone up... you have no idea.
>>
>>34786141
This.

Seriously, ask any cop what they got their bachelors degree in. 1 in 10 will say criminal justice, the rest went straight from high school into the police program at their nearest community college because, surprise surprise, they were the dumb-as-fuck assholes in high school who were too rock-stupid to get into college. Of course, they couldn't handle the fact that there days of intimidating people and swinging their dicks around were over, so they went into law enforcement instead so that they could feverishly hold onto some vestige of power. Not every single cop is an asshole, but EVERY single asshole wants to be a cop.
>>
>>34786111

When you sue the federal government, if your goal is to financially hurt them, you're starting off on the wrong foot. Under the absolute best circumstances (you hire a lawyer, he puts a year's worth of work into the case, you win a jury trial, they award you $1 for damages, plus attorney's fees), this is worth maybe $150k.

Those circumstances would occur (and this is generous) 1 in 10,000 times. So your suit is worth $15.00 or so.

You are right that the ATF agent was incorrect. The problem is, you can't sue someone for being wrong unless you are damaged by it. Even if your dad didn't get the gun, you got your money back. That pretty much ends the analysis.

A helpful analogue: imagine someone walks through your property, even though you have a "no trespassing" sign up. Very annoying (and subject to criminal penalty). But you will not be able to sustain a civil suit unless you can show that he caused you injury/damage.
>>
>>34786175

Threatening you with arrest is not threatening you with violence. Sorry I confused you two.

Illegal arrest would have been the basis for a lawsuit, but he didn't actually do it.

If he had used the threat to, for instance, extort you, that might also be something. But again, it didn't cause you monetary damages.
>>
File: 1473890521415.jpg (60KB, 761x563px) Image search: [Google]
1473890521415.jpg
60KB, 761x563px
>>34786097
>YOU ASKED ME A QUESTION!?!?!
>YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!
Stupid shit OP. You've got to be one dumb motherfucker and it's a good thing you didn't get the gun before you used your retard brain to kill yourself and give gun owners another black mark.

Fucking hell, I can imagine this shit at a doctor.
>When did the pain start
>WHY THE FUCK AM I HERE!?!?!?!?! IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THESE QUESTIONS, I SHOULD JUST OPERATE ON MYSELF!!!!
>>
>>34786236

There's no injury. You need to have damages to sue someone in a civil action. They're not just to determine who is wrong and right about stuff. That's what 4chan is for.
>>
>>34785261
>>34785262

BLACKED
>>
>>34786307

This was meant to be in reply to >>34786211
>>
>>34786266
This
this so much.

I'm too angry right now to describe cops so eloquently.
>>
>>34786281
Again not the op.

I wouldn't have given it up. What would have happened then is that I would probably be thrown to the ground and unlawfully arrested. Is that not reason enough? And the ATF agent would have been able to stop it but instead he'd choose to ignore the law. Being arrested and being physically hurt is damaging.
I don't need a lawyer. I'm not an idiot and I would have a very strong case given I did literally nothing wrong and that ATF agent admitted that the sale was legal.
>>
>>34785261
Cool story bro
>>
>>34786370
>I would have a very strong case given that I was OP and my hypothetical where a cop throws me around in a crowded area for no reason whatsoever happened exactly as it did in my mind
Something shitty happened to OP and you're just self-inserting and imagining how things might go in a movie starring you. This is not conducive to actually helping OP.

https://youtu.be/Qi6tshsXVUk?t=5
>>
>>34785616
>insist of his rights

What an ahole amirite!?!?

K Y S
Y
S
>>
>>34785711
And you're some edgy
>hurr fuck pigs
>anyone that says otherwise is a bootlicker
Fuck off kiddo
>>
>hurr durr cops are based
>cops are professionals and deserve respect
>if a cop is hassling you, you must've done something to deserve it
>cops aren't taxpayer-funded knuckledragger bullies
You naïve bootlicking faggots have never lived in a safe, all-white community. When cops don't have niggers on whom to beat out their frustrations, they take it out on white people instead.
>>
>>34785262
call a lawyer, call the nra
>>
>>34786470
>Case in point this faggot
Kek right on cue
>>
>>34785262
Next time, get arrested so you have grounds to sue. And don't admit to straw purchases on the internet.
>>
>>34786314
You said I didnt know jack shit. Thats what offended me. And this isnt my first gun Ive had plenty and havnt done any of that stuff
>>
>>34785650
Did not work at my LGS even though I bought the carbine from them.
>>
File: tfw.png (618KB, 573x728px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
618KB, 573x728px
>>34786346

Thanks for the insight, lawyerbro. That's pretty much what I (as a faggot laymen outsider) figured. They just bullied this kid into doing what they thought was "right," they did not harm him or threaten him with violence.

>>34785262

I'm not sure exactly what the officer would have done to escalate. My guess is he tackles you for mouthing off and gives you some bullshit public disturbance charge or something ridiculous that gets thrown out in court. Except, you still go to jail, have to get a lawyer, deal with court for a few months and at the end of it it is not likely you have anything to show for it unless the cop mag dumped into your ball sack. Shit like this is why plenty of different people hate LEO's, OP. It's not fair or right, but unless you're willing to be the guy to put his life on hold, go through that whole process, and come out with nothing other than the idea that you were right then it's not worth the trouble.

The only thing I wish you had done was have your friend or a bystander film the confrontation. Especially when you went back to talk to the ATF agent.

>mfw new captcha check boxes
>>
>>34785616
>>34785616
>following the law
>expecting LEOs to follow the law
>wanting your property rights respected

yeah, what a jerk
>>
>>34785262
So you got your stepfather to make a straw purchase for you?
>>
>>34786863
Family isn't a straw purchase. Not even if you give them the money. Only if you're legally barred from owning guns, i.e. convicted felon, THEN it becomes a straw purchase.
>>
>>34785261
NRA rep here, if this is real, and LEO and ATF agent are trying to enforce nonexistent laws, we would very much like their names and department so that we may send our lawyers to say hello.

Lawyers with big money tend to shut people up and educate. Good job walking away, you would of caught a disorderly conduct charge after they threw out your felony charge because the courts tend to have a narrow view. Also if this agent actually said: "Ok well sometimes what is on the books and what we do in practice is a little different" I am very concerned that this agent is currently in his position, because that is incredibly unethical and illegal. So if you would please give us a call that would be great.
>>
>>34785948
I said no such thing
>>
>>34786959
If serious op better fucking contact the NRA.
>>
File: 1444782325920.jpg (10KB, 319x316px) Image search: [Google]
1444782325920.jpg
10KB, 319x316px
>>34786898
>Family isn't a straw purchase. Not even if you give them the money.
Actually buying a gun for someone else with their own money is necessarily a straw purchase. It says as much on the 4473.
>>
>>34786263
Its not a straw purchase if OP can legally own the firearm, knob-slobberer
>>
>>34786959
how should i go about contacting you guys?
>>
>>34785261
While its not illegal, its pretty unethical, likewise private sellers can choose who they want to do business with regardless of the law, so if they did not feel comfortable selling you the piece, then the logical thing would have just been to move on since there would probably have bene someone more acquainted with the process that would have sold it to you. Obviously you could file a complaint, but I doubt it would do anything considering no actual laws were broken during the ordeal.
>>
>>34787087
the transaction already happened. He came and grabbed me in another room of the gun show
>>
>>34786263
Buying a gun to gift it to an immediate family member is not considered a straw purchase. This is on the ATF's website in one of the FAQs.
>>
>>34787053
Either call the main office but ILA does most of the lawyering, or your regional official designee if your a member, explain your situation, if that doesn't work i recommend working with your local non-militia/not racist(very important) based rights group or your states right group, like a group like Florida Carry, Georgia Carry, California Gun Owners Association, groups like that, they will have similar resources and are a bit more passionate then the NRA lawyers who work on a national level more than a local. So you have a couple different options.
>>
>>34787041
Not. For. Family.
Google it.
>>
Just because private gun sellers can sell to people under 21 doesn't mean they have to.
>>
>>34787406
he already sold it to me
>>
File: 1444424594448.jpg (39KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1444424594448.jpg
39KB, 500x666px
>>34787221
>Google it.
What compelling evidence.
>>
>>34787467
He is right, you know. Please stop being retarded and spreading misinformation, FFL dealers are specially susceptible to your bullshit.
>>
File: 1458912345146.jpg (61KB, 568x640px) Image search: [Google]
1458912345146.jpg
61KB, 568x640px
>>34787489
>Form 4473 is misinformation
>>
>>34785367
At this point, it's likely not worth the time and hassle. You ended up with the gun in the end. If you have his badge info it might be worth sending in an anonymous tip to the county sherrif's office that deputy asshat needs to brush up on your state's face to face transfer laws before the next show he works so that way they don't get hit with an unlawful detention lawsuit, but from the way you're telling it, it sounds like that deputy is going to end up costing your county quite a bit.

Either way, just an email or anonymous letter satting the details of what happened, and penal code that the sherrif would have been in violation of for arresting you should do it.
>>
>>34786046
Here is the right answer.
>gosh you have a no returns policy. So do I.
>How about this, I'll sell it back to you.
>Demand for this gun is high right now.... price is increasing by the minute.

I'd probably just do something like that to sweat the dealer a bit then sell it back. It's not like you were trying to buy a collectors item. Next time try having a sense of humor and see if you get rewarded. Yes, even when life isn't "fair".

Act like a cunt, get treated like a cunt.
>>
>>34785425
>chest in my face

Yet another 6'1" vs 5'11" story. When will they learn?
>>
>>34787524
I would simply inform the department that
>"what crime am I being arrested for?"
>"I AM THE LAW"
is not going to work out well for their deputies or their department's discretionary budget should someone actually lawyer up after another encounter like that.

That's actually some pretty serious shit, if true.
>>
>>34785309
Still probably have a civil action for violating your federal civil rights. Find you a hotshit lawyer and go after them.
>>
>>34787517
Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form?
Warning: You are not the actual transferee/buyer if you are
acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual transferee/buyer, the licensee cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you.

If you are filling this out more then likely you paid with your own money. I bought a plinker for my little brother with my own money, and gave it to him. How is that a straw purchase? It isn't. Straw purchases only apply when you are buying a gun for someone who is LEGALLY PROHIBITED from owning a firearm.
Here, since you need to be spoonfed.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/federal-firearms-regulations-reference-guide-2014-edition-atf-p-53004/download
B13.
>>
>>34787738
>ctrl + f "family"
>1 instance
>It's about establishing residency and not transferring firearms
You've moved from muh family exemption to stating truisms. It's not a revelation to anyone here that you're not supposed to transfer firearms to prohibited persons.

>If you are filling this out more then likely you paid with your own money.
And? OP didn't explicitly state it but it's not unreasonable to assume that his stepdad used his money to buy the gun, especially since OP had cash.
>>
File: Timothy_McVeigh.jpg (19KB, 400x559px) Image search: [Google]
Timothy_McVeigh.jpg
19KB, 400x559px
>>34785261
>>34785262
One bomb wasn't enough.
>>
>>34787905
Daily reminder that McVeigh did nothing wrong.
>>
Should have used that gun to shoot your friend first, then returned it.
>>
>>34787862
(B13)May a parent or guardian purchase firearms or ammunition as a gift for a juvenile (less than 18 years of age)?
Yes. However, persons less than 18
years of age may only receive and possess handguns with the written permission of a parent or guardian for limited purposes, e.g., employment, ranching, farming, target practice or hunting.
>And? OP didn't explicitly state it but it's not unreasonable to assume that his stepdad used his money to buy the gun, especially since OP had cash.
The form asks you if your are buying on behalf of another person. A gift to someone is not on "behalf" of that person, and is rarely bought with the gifted persons own money. In OP's case it was not a straw purchase because according to the ATF, buying a gun for a juvenile as a gift is allowed, and there would be no way to prove that the stepdad did not buy it as a gift short of mind reading devices.
You're just mad because you we're never visited by gun santa claus when you turned 12. Stay mad.
>>
>>34785261
Why did your friend show that dickhead his ID in the first place?
>>
>>34788471
>rarely bought with the gifted persons own money.
Which, again, is beside the point when in this particular case the person who received the gift is likely the one who supplied the money. You can argue that they can't prove that it was a straw purchase but that doesn't make it not a straw purchase.
>>
>>34788309
And you've done nothing, period.
>>
I had a similar experience once when a gun store sold me a gun that turned out to belong to someone else and they were repairing. Some idiot employee put the gun in the case after the repair had been done. They harassed me on the phone for days and threatened to sue me. I eventually gave it back after demanding $50 for my time. I probably wouldn't have given it back if it wasn't for the fact it was previously damaged.
>>
File: xSMT1.gif (892KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
xSMT1.gif
892KB, 500x206px
Now your dads going to prison
>>
>>34787582
For gifting a legal adult a gun? Dont think so
>>
>>34789107
>>34788983
meant to reply to this
>>
>>34785479
>>34785515
>>34785616
>>34785677
>>34785826
Holy shit, I think you've shoved those boots so far down your throat they're coming out your ass. Might as well just amputate your legs and use those boots as your new legs, cuck.

>>34785836
>This is a leo who doesn't know every single law on the books. So strange that he doesn't have the libraries of laws memorized.

He was at a fucking gunshow, presumably to catch people doing illegal shit. If he couldn't be bothered to take a few minutes to brush up on the laws about what is and isn't legal at gunshows he shouldn't be a fucking cop. Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse for regular people, why should it be for a cop? This wasn't some obscure 200 year old law OP was talking about.

Kill yourself.
>>
cops ruining fun again
nothing new m8
>>
>>34789516
Agreed.
You >>34785836 should kill yourselves you dumb faggot. Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse for normal people but for police it is when they bully someone? Yeah fuck off.
>>
>>34785836
You know if most cops weren`t a bunch of happy triggers we woulnd't have shit like #BlackLivesMatters
>>
File: df.jpg (84KB, 906x775px) Image search: [Google]
df.jpg
84KB, 906x775px
>>34787738
>>34787517
>>34787489
>>34787467
>>34787221
>>34787041
>>34786898
>>34786898
>>34786863
>Straw purchase
What a meme law.

It's like 922r, unless you're doing it as a felon there's absolutely no way to prosecute you.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.