[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ bit of a hypothetical situation here. If the Rhodesian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey /k/ bit of a hypothetical situation here.

If the Rhodesian bush war or Angolan bush war too place today what do you think the militaries would arm their troops with? Do you think plate carriers would be standard issue or would chest rigs and battle belts be preferred for operating in the Bush?

Being from Texas wearing a chest rig and a pack is already taxing enough when I fuck about in thick bush, adding 20 pounds of armor to that sounds terrible, would it be up to the individual units or soldiers? Maybe certain units would wear more armor where as RLI wouldn't?
>>
>>34784732
Given their situation where you had a relatively small but well armed and trained armed forces fighting lots of irregulars with rusty AKs you're troops are very precious on a man for man basis. So anything that increase the chance of your dudes surviving will be used.

The brass a few years in decided that guys had to full length uniforms even though it was hot as fuck and the troops didn't like it. You bet your ass that all but the most special of focres would be in armor if they could afford it.
>>
>If the Rhodesian bush war or Angolan bush war too place today what do you think the militaries would arm their troops with?
For that to happen, they probably would both have to be becoming independent today. That means they would have followed the trends of their parent nation, so Rhodesia would use some kind of 5.56 rifle and Angola would use a G36.
>Do you think plate carriers would be standard issue or would chest rigs and battle belts be preferred for operating in the Bush?
Considering the SANDF (only comparable power on the continent, except maybe Sudan; and an army with better funding and supply than either Rhodesia or Angola ever had) still dont widely issue body armor, they'd probably just use chest rigs or those assault vests they're known for.
>>
>>34784897
why did they mandate full length uniforms? was it to prevent bugbites?
>>
>>34784899
Angola was a Portuguese colony.

They'd use the G3, Minimi, MG4 for infantry and paratroopers would use the Galil.
>>
>>34785246
I was under the impression they had the G36 as their service rifle.
>>
>>34785271
Only the special forces use it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.