[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G19 vs. G26

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Hey /k/. I have been doing lots of research and I am stuck on what to get for my first handgun. I do live in California and I do plan on getting a ccw permit. I have read many reviews on the G26 and lots of people like them, but I have also heard the arguement that the G19 is as concealable. I am 5'6 and 155 pounds. I have shot this G19 and I do like it.
>>
If you can hit your target, anything will do the trick.
>>
Glock 17L with the grip cut to accept G26 mags is the only correct answer.
>>
>>34784307
There's like a thousand fucking videos, forum posts, blogs, etc, about this exact issue already.
>>
>>34784318
Yes hitting your target is the most important. I understand that either one could do the job with training and experience, but what I am looking for is concealability. Which one has the edge over the other?
>>
>>34784345
a smaller gun will always be more concealable.
>>
>>34784307
>buying a nearly full sized 9mm in a state with 10rd mag limits
>>
g19, the rail is nice, slide isn't much longer, and you need grip extensions on the g26 to feel right anyway. You CAN shoot a 26 just fine without pinky support, it just feels fucking weird not gripping there.

you can always cut the grip down on a 19. But a lot of accessories support only the 17 or 19 too.

Want a flashlight or laser? on a 26 it is much more expensive
>>
>>34784307

It's not as concealable, it's just doable. You have cucked mags in your state so the argument for the 19 isn't so great.

The larger sight radius will make the 19 slightly more accurate but I'd go with 26 every time in your situation
>>
>>34785683
>>34785954

This, 19 but only if you have it cut down or 26 mags. It'll still fit in 19 holsters but have a smaller print
>>
>>34784307
Buy both and get good with both first desu. You shouldn't be conceal carrying until your aim improves anyways and your aim will be shit for long enough to be able to buy both.

"If you have two you have one, and if you have one you have none."
>>
>>34784307
>5'6 and 155 pounds
>Commiefornia
You want the 26.
>>
>>34784772
>>34784869
>>34785683
>>34785954
id agree with these guys,
the 26 for your situation would be best for the sole reason being your states 10 round limit and really thats the only reason why you'd want a 19 over a 26 for cc. the 26 comes standard with 10 round mags and can accept 19 and 17 mags with no alterations if California ever gets its head out of its ass then that would be a bonus for you later.
>>
File: 16k6s91.jpg (23KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
16k6s91.jpg
23KB, 800x600px
>>34784339
This fad is such cancer.
>>
>>34784307
Some people would say that due to the fact that you live in California, you should make the most of your 10 round magazine limit. That might mean either getting the smallest 10-round handgun that you can find (Glock 26), or you could get the biggest caliber 10-round handgun you can find (for example, a Glock 30).

The Glock 19 is a good size at the range and is small enough tht you *can* conceal it OK. It's not exactly tiny; people just praise it as a CCW because it's the smallest "big gun," and really because of its light weight. It's not my ideal EDC concealed-carry pistol, personally, due to the size. The Glock 26 is small enough to have a broad range of use in concealed-carry. If you're primarily interested in CC, I'd recommend the Glock 26.

>>34785683
>and you need grip extensions on the g26 to feel right anyway. You CAN shoot a 26 just fine without pinky support, it just feels fucking weird not gripping there.
That's just because you suck. Your pinky is your weakest finger and it doesn't do much work in gripping the gun or balancing the gun in your hand. Even with "pinky extension" magazines, it's just a pseudo grip to support that finger because you're too homophobic to stick it out like you would when drinking tea. You can't say that you are controlling the gun by gripping a thing only attached to the gun by means of the magazine release.
>>
>>34784307
No real difference. Both are equally shit.
>>
>>34789271
This is sexy as fuck
>>
>>34784307

I carry a g26 with flush 10, conceals amazing and I carry a g17 with xgrip sleeve on it for backup.
>>
File: 2902.jpg (179KB, 1026x683px) Image search: [Google]
2902.jpg
179KB, 1026x683px
If my conceal / carry was limited to 10 rounds, I would carry pic related.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.