[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of all the air shit players buying up all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

File: retarded airshit player.jpg (53KB, 566x611px) Image search: [Google]
retarded airshit player.jpg
53KB, 566x611px
What does /k/ think of all the air shit players buying up all the Crye gear and shit so it limits the stock and makes them harder to get.
>>
File: kek.jpg (20KB, 831x108px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
20KB, 831x108px
>this
>>
Doesn't really bother me. I dont know about Crye, but other companies have two separate supply chains for military and domestic, like how LBT started up their LBX subsidiary to stop airshitters hogging the stock; and how magpul use the airshit market to get rid of their factory seconds.
>>
>>34784277
>>34784291
Free market, yeah it sucks, but if those companies actually gave a shit about soldiers, they'd make a way for actual combat MOS's to get priority.
>>
>>34784291
>being able to buy your own gear to go downrange

Yeah ok.
>>
>>34784291
i agree but

>>34784327
this
>>
>>34784277
Crye me a river bitch, that's capitilasm.
>>
>>34784332
This.
I guess everyone is SF Opuraturz here.
>>
>>34784277
Holy shit, literally communism the post.

I think they're working the capitalist economy exactly how it was intended too.
>>
I personally don't give a shit because I don't play airsoft and I don't roleplay.
>>
>>34784277
It's their money
>>
File: Laughing Crying.jpg (42KB, 400x459px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Crying.jpg
42KB, 400x459px
>>34784336
Thank you anon, your post made my 4:30 A.M. wakeup time more bearable.
>>
File: 1465055350495.png (480KB, 805x677px) Image search: [Google]
1465055350495.png
480KB, 805x677px
>>34784332
>being in such an uptight POG unit that someone actually gives a shit what plate carrier you wear
>>
I hate airsofters so God damn much.

Play paintball if your excuse is "muh training"

I'd love to see every airsofter swinging from a tree and no I don't give a fuck what they buy.
>>
File: US_C141_Grenada.jpg (53KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
US_C141_Grenada.jpg
53KB, 640x427px
>>34784277
I've never given too much of a shit because I like woodland BDU and the only armor I own is an old PASGT rig
>>
>>34784332
Not necessarily for just down the range.
>>
>>34784277
>Capitalism
>>
>>34784360
communism the post. kek
>>
>>34784602
>Cuckitalism.

ftfy
>>
>>34784277
it's good, bigger markets = more options and lower prices

fuck I remember when the only option for gucci kits was Arktis and Snugpak
>>
>>34784277
crye is back order because lol NYC labor cost
>>
>>34784635
I can agree with this
>>
>>34784277
hey, they're supporting companies with their shekels, if it civvies weren't buying crye like hot cakes, they might go the way of BLACKHAWK and the like.

also Take it up to CDK
>>
>>34784277
Crye is overrated anyway
>>
>>34784327
like how Ops-Core only sells their ballistic helmets to LE, military, and licensed private security companies
>>
While I'm glad good companies like crye are getting extra business from posers and tripfaggots, yeah it's fucking annoying trying to order something for work and having it take 2 months to arrive with zero fucking feedback from the company because they're overburdened with manchildren spamming them for their new plate carrier because they have an airsoft game this weekend that they need to impress people at.

if you play airsoft, kill youself
>>
>>34785300
kek
>>
>>34785300
>manchildren spamming them for their new plate carrier because they have an airsoft game this weekend that they need to impress people at
Thats the thing I dont get. Wouldn't you feel like the ultimate poser if you showed up wearing all real gear costing hundreds of dollars, or even thousands for a full outfit, for what is basically a game of cops and robbers? Obviously they dont, but it sure looks like it would be embarrassing.
>>
It use to bother me but then I think to myself; airsoft kids are running around in the mud and forest more than most of /k/ so who are we to say they can't?
>>
>>34786164
I should specify...
The crye-cut pants/shirts/gloves etc are fine.
Spending good money on plate carriers with no plates is counter-productive.
Chest rigs have a purpose
>>
>>34785914
I dont know if the atmosphere has changed but when I used to play like 7 or so years ago those gear queers would get made fun of for showing up with that kind of kit. meanwhile the rest of us are using cheap milsurp because it works and we can put more into the gun itself
>>
>>34784452
> Implying that's not most of the damn Infantry
>>
>>34786433

This.
>>
People really need to stop being childish, its a harmless sport and being triggered by it makes you an idiot.

God forbid people have fun with their friends outdoors right.
>>
>>34784277
Why do you care? Are you some kind of commie who hates the free market? It's not unavailable. Seems more like you're just too fucking poor to buy it
>>
>>34784479
>being this assmad about other people's hobbies
I'm sure you whine about gungrabbers hating your hobby too, dontcha
>>
File: 1501746353516.jpg (175KB, 863x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1501746353516.jpg
175KB, 863x1536px
>>34784277
I don't know anything about airsoft but I bet that I would enjoy participating. Especially if it gives me an excuse to buy more gear I don't need.

Any airshitters in here?
>>
>>34786686
I play recreationally. It's like any hobby. There are normies, autists, assholes, and enthusiasts. Idk why "gun only" hobbyists sperg about it so much, there are probably way more gun owners who think owning a PSA ar makes them a tactical spec ops oper8or than there are airsofters who think airsoft makes them operators. I enjoy tinkering with the gearboxes and electronics and the fun of playing. Plus it's better exercise than whining about things you don't like online
>>
>>34786783
how does a person get into this
>>
>>34786805
Buy an airsoft gun that looks fun to you and fits your budget, buy some sealed eyepro, and Google search where your nearest airsoft field is. If you want to upgrade stuff you can get as much or as little into it as you want, there are guides online for anything you could want to do
>>
>>34784277
Not a lot, I just talked to my unit, got a letterhead and talked to Crye to expedite my units order ahead of everyone elses non contract order and we got our cammies in about 2 weeks later.

Sucks to suck and be a civvie and/or in a shit unit senpai.

But actually yeah no airshitters enjoying their hobby is good and all and spending money on what they want but fucks sake Crye should DEFAULT to mil orders taking precedence, not only that but actually please buy Airshit brands you don't need actual combat pants from running around in a warehouse wooden shoothouse mockup.
>>
>>34785300
You know they backlogged because they're planning to move shop right?
>>
>>34785260
Since when?
>>
>>34786805
Cut your cock and balls off i'd guess would be a start.
>>
>>34787258
Since always - Though Crye-Precision sells to retailers who will then sell their helmets to anyone. So that sort of defeats the effectiveness of the program.
>>
>>34787283
So everytime I've wanted to buy a mt fast helmet from ops core straight of their website, only to say no because I can get a different helmet for less, I wouldnt be able to anyways?
>>
>>34787281
Show us where the airsofters touched you, anon
>>
File: 1499773524850.jpg (46KB, 600x824px) Image search: [Google]
1499773524850.jpg
46KB, 600x824px
>>34787281
>>
>>34784277
They'll probably do more with it than you will.
>>
>>34787281
This. My field wouldn't even let me in the gate without putting a cock ring on, castration was necessary to buy a membership. Thats why we airsofters are given as much respect as veterans in society, because of the sacrifices we make for our hobby.
>>
>>34787302
Just get a mil or better yet LE friend to buy for you.
LE it's easier to buy because literally they go to dpt head and say I wanna buy "x" and then it happens. Inna mil you need to be in a not shit unit and have a good reason and then probably not "lose" it for a while.
>>
>>34784277
>demand only kills supply
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>34786433
Depends on where you are, I guess. I can imagine stuff like that doesn't matter in combat hotspots compared to some cozy fort in the US
>>
File: 1501963515292.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
1501963515292.gif
2MB, 300x164px
>>34787433
>mfw no friends whatsoever
>>
File: bigguy.png (1MB, 1053x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bigguy.png
1MB, 1053x1600px
Airshit player here

My kit is pretty bare, consisting of only a smersh and some Russian recon suit I bought on grey shop and split shipping with a friend. I play in hiking boots, wear a pair of old mtn bike gloves, and use a gun that was only $140, yet still have won against people with $1000+ kits. They often take the game way too seriously, which is fucking retarded because it's a game, and there's really no benefit to performing well in it. And even if you do want to do well, the 0.001 second speed up of your reload caused by a crye plate carrier doesn't fucking matter because you're dealing with plastic BB's that travel at 400 feet per second, not bullets that travel far faster than that.
>>
>>34788015
>yfw there are tournaments just like paintball
>yfw you can win up to $1 million for your team
>yfw the top teams in Washington are used to train the ranger batallion and green berets in Lewis/McChord
>yfw i've met several dudes from the 1st Special Forces Group out of JBLM
Thats why i take the game seriously. Because its my job.
>>
>>34788271
>yfw the top teams in Washington are used to train the ranger batallion and green berets in Lewis/McChord
I dont believe this shit for a second.
>>
>>34788301
Then don't. Its fuck lords like you that dream of doing things, but put no effort forth to acgeive their dreams.

Google it, fuck wit.
>>
>>34788401
>"green beret airsoft training"
>one vid remotely related is of spics playing airsoft.
>>
>>34788271
>airsofters training soldiers whos bullets go through walls and whos grenades kill everything in a room

that makes sense
>>
>>34788015
Force all airsofters to carry 7.62 rated plates

Then they'll stop using plate carriers :^)
>>
File: IMG_0116.gif (984KB, 245x155px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0116.gif
984KB, 245x155px
>>34788271
>Thats why i take the game seriously. Because its my job.
>>
A lot of people here have the impression that I hate Airsoft as a hobby and while my post gave off that vibe (although be hyperbolic) I was mainly interested in what people thought of it. The part where I was talking about it being "hard to get" was purely because most of my friends that served/serving where saying about the stock for crye's and so on etc. Yes you're right It dose help the brand/company and no, I'm not a communist although those comments did make me laugh.
>>
>>34788271
Anon, please be baiting.
>>
>>34784277
Ultimately it's good for the market.
>>
>>34784487
would you like a xl pasgt vest in good condition? sell it to ya cheap
>>
>>34784277
Well if Crye decided to market and sell airshit for those players then only sell actual gear to actual warfighters, then it just gives more funding to create better products.
>>
>>34784479
I'll bite. How is paintball any better for "muh training" than airshit? From my understanding airshit is usually made to be a replica of a firearm, while paintball uses original designs. Not saying either is a suitable replacement, but wouldn't handling an airshit gun give you some idea on the basic controls of the real deal?
>>
>I love capitalism!
>I love the free market!
>EXCEPT WHEN I CAN'T GET THE THINGS I WANT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34789121
If you're relying on airshit for weapons familiarity, you've already fucked up.

Honestly, the best answer is simunitions, but those are costly and don't correctly model bullets beyond 50 meters. Neither do paintball or airshit, but at least with paintball you get a visible marker that can be see by all parties, and doesn't rely on somebody feeling the impact of a bb through an flc and body armor.
>>
>>34789170
I don't know, one of my friends sons is into airsoft. He let me hold one of those M4 gas guns, and it handled pretty realistically. Not recoil obviously, but the manual of arms was identical.
>>
>>34789170
>>>34789121 (You)
>If you're relying on airshit for weapons familiarity, you've already fucked up.
Not me personally, though I figured that it'd be a "plus" since the guns are more realistic than paintball. I play neither, but paintball does seem to be a better game though because, like you said, you have a visible marker to show you've been hit that everyone can see. Airshit just seems like something to fuck around with with friends rather than playing a serious game with strangers.
>>
At least they are actually going to use it in some sort of social activity. Instead of playing dress up at home hoping the Chinese invade
>>
>>34787173
Marines are fags
>>
>>34789218
Missing the point.
Weapons familiarity happens on the range and during STX's (Situational training exercises, without live ammo) and LFXs (canned live fire exercises, where your unit runes trhough a pre-ordained mission over and over again until its flawless, with live ammo) That's where you get comfy with your weapon, how to walk with it, how to carry it, how to use it.

Force on force is for testing a unit's ability to adapt a plan on the fly to changing enemy situations. You should not be worried about finding the safety or mag release at that point, you've already completed that training for the current cycle. And that's why simunitions, with their chalk marking, is considered the industry standard: you can't argue that you didn't get shot in the dick if your pants are all blue and orange.
>>
File: 1484078038863.jpg (37KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1484078038863.jpg
37KB, 600x399px
>>34784277
Thanks for reminding me most military personal and cops are totalitarian fucks that hate capitalism.

Having a government run military is a double edged sword for freedom, founding fathers were right.
>>
>>34789121
Which one hurts more. If I'm going to have force on force training, I want that fucker to hurt so that I have the fear of getting shot.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.