[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gsg mp40

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: gsg mp40.jpg (262KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
gsg mp40.jpg
262KB, 2048x1152px
what's the catch? do you have to register it if you want the folding stock?
>>
>>34784208
>airsoft tier replica
nothing of value was lost
>>
>>34784215
but it looks 95% similar to the original so I don't understand the autism about a screw being different

its not like that stg 44 which looks completely fucking different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivbEJpSaIfk
>>
>>34784223
>StG-44
STG-M
If it was meant to be the same they wouldn't have changed the name
>>
>>34784208
I own one it feels like plastic shit
>>
>>34784237
They might as well make it a rotating bolt at that point
>>
>>34784243
How do you get the folding stock in the pic?
>>
>>34784208
>>34784255
I hear they don't make a compatable folding stock
>inb4 make one yourself
But also hear they're trying to get one ready for market.

Am also interested in this but yeah the price really makes me think airsoft tier. Plus, an Mp-40 without a folding stock is pretty meh to begin with, but maybe that's just my autism.
>>
>>34784276
No I agree. Any smg without a folding stock just loses its aesthetic to me. I cringe at those fucking skorpions they sell without the folding stock, they look hilariously stupid
>>
>>34784208
Since it is a pistol I assume you have to get an AOW stamp or something for it. Not really sure with modern stocked pistols.
>>
>>34784251
They very well could have, yes.
All I'm saying is that it's silly to be mad that something isn't what it was never intended to be. They said it would be a "modernized take" on it from day one and people acted shocked when they carted out that thing as if they expected anything else. It's a shame we don't get BD-44 tier replicas, yes, but this was never going to be one so getting mad is silly.
>>
>>34784208
Yes, flipping the stock open would be entering the no-doggo zone. Fortunately as >>34784276
said I do not believe they make one for the GSG version yet.
>>
>>34784316
so how easy would it be to just buy some airshit mp40, take the stock off that, and put it on the gsg version
>>
>>34784328
Probably pretty easy (assuming it's not made of plastic) but then you have the fact that anything from an airsoft gun put on to a real gun will probably get beat to shit before you empty a full magazine. Especially something like a stock that's going to be taking the full brunt of it.
>>
>>34784374
Yeah I just looked at some airsoft mp40s and they do have stocks made of metal, I guess it would just come down to whether or not the lug fits. I doubt it would screw right on. It might be harder installation than you'd think but definitely not a bad option
>>
>>34784386
As long as you've got drills or other light metal working tools, you should be able to make it work. I sincerely doubt even metal airsoft guns require a mill.
>>
>>34784409
Yeah if I were super enthusiastic about the mp40 this might be something I'd do but I dont have the time nor the money to fuck around with such things. Maybe if they release an official stock for it I'll bite, but until then gsg can suck my balls
>>
File: sturmgewehr fcg.jpg (143KB, 864x907px) Image search: [Google]
sturmgewehr fcg.jpg
143KB, 864x907px
>>34784208
They're extremely shit, they're made out of pot metal and somehow has worse magazines than the original issued guns, many people report not being able to go through a single magazine without malfunctions.

Yes, if you want the stock it becomes an SBR, but the gun is so shit it'd be hard to justify a tax stamp on a gun that's so shit.

>>34784223
If you want a wallhanger, then sure, whatever, go for it, but don't expect it to be good or function reliably.

>>34784237
There's a matter of cost and development, making it closer to the original (actually kind of retarded design) would rise cost far above what they wanted it to be.

>>34784296
>there are people who wonder what the big deal is about replicating every single bad design decision when they explicitly stated they wanted to aim at a certain price point
Gee, wonder why they opted to make the trigger group and grip assembly different in their goal of making the product less expensive?
>>
>>34784328
Considering that most airsoft parts which are made of metal (and that's not all of them) are made from zinc castings, that's generally not that hot of an idea.
>>
>>34784813
It's a .22. You can cast a 10/22 receiver out of soda cans using lost PLA casting and a 3d printer. Using airshit parts won't hurt nothin.
>>34784795
I'll accept the fact that they said they had inaccurate and incomplete documentation. The bottom line is however that they set out to make something that looked vaguely like it in tilting bolt, and they did, and that it's silly to pretend they ever wanted to make an actual replica at any point. If the anon working through the P08 blueprints ever gets his idea moving and starts work on a simplified toggle lock handgun, I fully expect people to bitch about it not being an exact replica and saying stupid shit like "5 axis mills can make anything ever designed all by themselves you're just a stupidhead".
>>
>>34784374

This would also be pretty illegal without a tax stamp.
>>
>>34784844
The gsg is in 9mm, there was an earlier one in .22
>>
File: IMG-20170619-WA0006 - Kopie.jpg (280KB, 1271x717px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170619-WA0006 - Kopie.jpg
280KB, 1271x717px
I have the 9mm version and I had a problem from the very start.

The ejector was canted, so it would not properly eject the cases, but drag them all the way back and jam up the mechanism.
Sent it to the manufacturer, they fixed it free of charge and since then it ran without problems .

It's also the only one out of 4 we had in our store that had any kind of malfunction.

While the QC people seem to sometimes look the other way, it's a solid gun when properly inspected before buying.

I like it.
>>
>>34786169
How do you feel about it otherwise? Does it feel like a toy or an actual gun? How's the breakdown?
I know this is a new production, so I'm assuming QC will be lacking.
>>
File: IMG_20170606_175159.jpg (3MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170606_175159.jpg
3MB, 3968x2976px
>>34786606
I haven't taken it apart so far, even though I've put about 600-800 rounds (with some squirts of Ballistol inbetween) through it since I got it back from the manufacturer. That's due to one part laziness and one part seeing how well it runs dirty (fine so far).

Tbh I don't think I ever held a gun that felt like a toy.
This one is no different. It has some weight to it and is quite alright (the stock on mine has some play in the lockup though).
It's a lot of fun to shoot and pretty accurate (palm sized 5 shot groups at 25m from a standing position are easily achievable).
>>
>>34786964
How did you acquire a stock for it/how much of a pain in the ass was it?
>>
File: 1479412308233.jpg (19KB, 480x405px) Image search: [Google]
1479412308233.jpg
19KB, 480x405px
>>34784208
Anyone else think it's kind of a stupid design. Such a small round and such a small barrel on such a large gun.
>>
>>34784208
Unless you want to shell out $5,000 for an MP 40 parts kit and build it on a semi-auto receiver, then this is the only other way.

And yea, you'd have to register it as an SBR if you want the stock on it.
>>
File: 1496606260423.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1496606260423.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>34784223

Better then the HMG STG
>Sheet metal stampings
>Parts commonality with originals
>Tilting bolt action

But the MP40 looks like the original!
>Die cast molded clam shells
>Rotating bolt
>Fucking Phillips head screws on the receiver holding the the thing together

Bitch about the side stamping meme all you want the GSG is still a glorified airshit pile of shit
>>
>>34787068
If you want something like those guns then you gotta settle for things that aren't exact replicas.
>>
>>34787097
Which is why I went with the HMG STG,
>>
File: IMG-20170722-WA0000.jpg (297KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170722-WA0000.jpg
297KB, 1280x960px
>>34786983
First off:
I'm (sadly) not murrican, therefore the ATF can kiss my hairy, pasty white ass.

In my country (Democratic People's Caliphate of Germanistan) it's not considered a pistol, but a rifle (bolt + barrel over 30cm; overall length over 60cm with stock folded).
I can just go into a store, whip out my hunting license (which CAN be hard to get (expensive, need to take tests that aren't easy for some people)), pay and leave with it in this configuration in under 10 minutes.
>>
>>34784215
This.

>plastic mag
>plastic reciever
>plastic pistol grip

Exactly why I didn't buy one from the gun store and got my scorpion instead.
>>
>>34787127
But that's still the new GSG 9mm MP-40? Do they sell it with the stock? I was under the impression they didn't even design it with one, and were working on making one to scape the stupid restrictions in burgerland.
>>
>>34787175
>Scorpion > GSG "MP40"

You did good annon
>>
>>34787213
Yes, brand spanking new. Less than 2 months old.
Funny, I on the other hand wasn't even aware they made one without a stock (kinda defeats the purpose of a replica, doesn't it). I thought they put some super long barrel on it, disguised as a fake suppressor (there's actually a cutout for it in the box it was delivered in), so they could sell it as a rifle, because of your length requirements (?).
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.