[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought this at a gun show for $230. How bad did I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5043.jpg (2MB, 4032x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5043.jpg
2MB, 4032x2048px
I bought this at a gun show for $230. How bad did I do?
>>
>>34783877
What armory and year?
>>
>>34783877
bubba'd
b
u
b
b
a'
d
>>
>>34783877
>falling for the meme
>>
File: tenor.gif (2MB, 498x210px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
2MB, 498x210px
>>34783877
>230 for a beat up 91 with edgelord hash marks in the stock
>>
>>34783880
Izhevsk, year 1943.
>>
>>34783877
As long as the bore doesnt look like a sewer pipe, you prolly did all right.
>>
>>34783877
$230 is pretty par for the course with an M44. No cleaning rod? Oh well. It's only an aesthetic anyway.

I would refinish that stock if I were you though. It looks terrible.
>>
>>34783877
You did ok for this day and age.
>>
>>34784103
*Wait shit, that's not a foldable bayonet. You just stuck it backwards on the end of the muzzle. You're tricksy, OP.

$230 is a little steep for a 91/30 but if the bore is shiny you did fine.
>>
The stock looks like absolute shit. I really would prefer the cleaning rod just because but if the bore is good, and the rifling is nice then you did alright. Try to go lower to 200 at the max next time you purchase a 91/30. The reason why they're so much is because people like you and sometimes I are willing to pay $230+
>>
>>34784156
>The reason why they're so much is because people like you and sometimes I are willing to pay $230+
That's mainly because the internet gun community really made moist nuggets a popular surplus rifle, often calling it the "last cheap surplus". People bought them by the fucking case. Now the supply has dried up due to Ukrainian Russian conflicts and trade restrictions. It's just the way it is.
>>
File: 20170807_060733.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170807_060733.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>34783877

Not too bad, the marks do blow and I don't know what the barrel looks like. I saw one here at a gun show not too long ago for $230 in great condition but thats the only I've seen that I wouldn't normally find for $350. What Im saying is f you held your money for a nicer one you may never get it, especially if you wait until they hit $500. See if you can find an untouched stock for sale as a nicer back up and you can keep kill streak stock for normal use.

Gander is going out of business and I pick this up for $320 after tax and it looks like it has never been fired. I remember just 13 years ago seeing them at bass pros for 130$ when I wasnt old enough to buy them. I was 8 and my dad said it was just cheap communist junk and my friend bought two from someone else for $100; it hurts but I have it now and it's only going up in price.
>>
>>34783877
>that shitty hash markin
>i understand carving the guns name of even well fone symbols on a gun but that shit just looks gay, its like "this rifle took 5 mens lives in da war". If it had some nice story to it like a guy hunted with the mosin and was marking down how many deer he's killed with it then maybe thatd be kinda not as shit
>>
>>34783877
You overpaid by $299.98.
>>
>>34784735
Except those hashmarks represent absolutely nothing other than someone trying to spoof "dis rifle killed 5 mens in da war" in like, 2008 or something. They're fresh.
>>
$230 is actually a little below average for a Mosin these days. Autists on /k/ complain about how nuggets should still be $70 the way my grandma complains that movie tickets should still cost a quarter. "Only an idiot would pay $250 for a garbage rod!" is the new "Who would pay twelve dollars to see that trash they put up on the screen today?" Whatever, gramps - times change. There was a cheap Mosin bubble ten years ago, but now it's gone forever. Hey, at least you're just stuck paying $230 for a milsurp rifle instead of being $230,000 underwater on a mortgage like a lot of people were after that other bubble that burst ten years ago.
>>
>>34785348

Keeping it positive, I like you
>>
>>34785348
This combined with the fact that prices are gonna keep rising for mosins mean that OP did pretty good. I'm having trouble finding a mosin for 230 right now
>>
>>34784261

>my dad said it was just cheap communist junk
>dissing the SKS

Your dad is a faggot. Any SKS, whether it be Chinese, Russian, Yugo, Romanian, or so on, is a solid gun.
>>
>>34783885
>almost 10 years later and still thinking a Mosin is a meme
There are no meme milsurps anymore.
>>
>>34783877
what are those marks for?
did the gun killed 5 people?
woah op watch out it might be haunted
>>
>>34784256
Compared yo other surplus shootable surplus, it's still pretty cheap with Spanish, Siamese and Yugo Mausers being an exception, just not in the same prices as it used to be
>>
>>34783877
Not bad at all. $230 is pretty good for a Russian carbine with the bayonet.
>>
>>34785466
He's right though. SKS are cheap and communist.
>>
>>34783877
You paid $150 too much mate. Bought mine a few years ago tho.
>>
Do all numbers match? Are any written with electro pencil instead of stamped? Is there a stamp either on stock or receiver of a box with line through it (Diagonal on stock, vertical on receiver)?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.