[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ar15 low weight trigger reliability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (10KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 224x224px
What exactly makes a trigger 1.5lb or 4.5 or 3 or whatever?
How does the trigger weight affect the reliability?
Will a 1.5lb trigger work well with trying to fire off as many rounds as possible? What about shooting 7.62x39 Russia steel cased? Or surplus ammo?
Does the hammer spring affect trigger weight?
Basically can I have a 1.5lb trigger in an ar15 using a wolf extra power hamming spring and have it be reliable and in fact 1.5 lb?
>>
>>34782699
>Does the hammer spring affect trigger weight?
yes
>Basically can I have a 1.5lb trigger in an ar15 using a wolf extra power hamming spring and have it be reliable and in fact 1.5 lb?
no
>>
>>34782699
Also reason being is that I want "full auto" but not spend 360$ on the binary trigger. Also this seems like it would more reliable and easier to do.
Also gives you better accuracy. Only concern is that it's a hair trigger and I might accidentally shoot when I don't want to.
I've fired a 1911 in 38 super(gun was like 4 grand) and it had a hair trigger.
Did a double tap but didn't mean to. Scared me a bit since I fired kinda high the second time.
Someone should make a trigger that goes from say 6.5 lb to 1.5 lb with the turn of the selector switch or even less.
So it's
Safe, 6.5 lb and then 1lb or even a bit lower(still needs to be reliable in rapid fire of hard primers though)
>>
>>34782706
What would be the lowest trigger weight I could get using that wolf extra power hammer spring then?
What about if I were to use wolfs extended firing pin? Would that solve any issue with light primer strikes?
>>
>>34782717
you dont need a 1lb trigger to shoot fast. you seem quite ignorant of what you actually want. overall trigger weight isnt as important as you think it is and all the numbers you want are really low. what you are looking for is a reasonably light trigger with minimal travel.
>>
>>34782749
Well if it's lower weight it takes half the energy to pull it with all things being equal.
Distance of travel is also important but I'd assume these sorts of triggers would hav short travels and a good reset.
This would also preferably be single stage.
>>
Rule of thumb: Triggers = always stock
Geissele fags need to die.
>>
>>34782800
If your Lilly hands are so tiny and your forearms so weak that you can not pull a 5 pound trigger quickly then you should spend that money on ammo and start practicing.
>>
>>34782699
>Basically can I have a 1.5lb trigger in an ar15 using a wolf extra power hamming spring and have it be reliable and in fact 1.5 lb?
Interesting question! Real answer - you need a different trigger design to go obscenely light weight and still have reliable primer strikes. Jump to 16:30 if it doesn't do so
https://youtu.be/gBYfbtoSHxo?t=990

I can't remember the name but there's an aftermarket AR trigger that has a similar mechanism.
>>
File: (you).jpg (100KB, 1280x720px)
(you).jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>34782826
>>
>>34782887
Any idea on the maker of such a trigger?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.