[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subverting GCA out of state pistol requirement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (39KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 600x402px
You know how you need to be 21 to have a pistol transferred to you and how you need to have it shipped to an ffl in your state?
Well fuck that.
Buy a piece of pipe with the appropriate diameter for the pistol. Use a strong chemical adhesive to bind it to the barrel and also use a pice of wood with an u shaped cut. The barrel goes into this cut and then bind the wood to the frame.

The take two parallel wooden planks and put them around the grip. Use screws to tighten the wood planks to each other. These two Parallel wooden planks also need to be long enough to fit the requirements a of being more than 26 inches long and the pipe 16 inches long for the barrel. Then at the end of the wooden planks nail in another flat wooden plank in the opposite rotation as the two parred one to create a stock.
You have now converted your pistol into a rifle.
And there's no requires about the "permaninity" or effectiveness with this unlike with say deactivating a machine gun or any gun for that matter or attaching an integral suppressor to make an sbr not an sbr.

I also thought of having the buyer "forget" *wink wink* their gun when you go to "buy" a single round of 9mm for 400$ but that still might be a transfer, they can say you stole it and it might be considered to be a sale of a gun out of state either way because MUH intent.
However, the pistol to rifle thing is full proof.
I'd like some opinions on this.
>>
>>34782451
Aww fuck
I just realized for this thing to not be an sbr you have to have the pipe barrel extension be more permanently affixed but then again ATF rulings aren't really law and it doesn't specify that in the nfa or GCA or fopa.
You could just completely replace the barrel with the pipe and just stick it into the frame(gently and with the right outside diameter of course) and then it would be all good. Also you'd have to add "rifling to the barrel" but a few scratches into the pipe shouldn't be too hard and they don't specify how much or what type or what quality the rifling needs to be nor do they specify if it needs to be safe to fire the gun or how functional it would be.
So yeah still works with This change.
>>
Seriously, I'd like some opinions on this and not just "hurrrr deerp retarded" "hurrr atf honeypot" "hurrr ATF over fence meme" "Lolz ded doggo"
I want legalities.
From all my research it would be a rifle.
Has the 16 barrel and over 26 inches long and has a stock.
And actually for the rifling part, if you just make the Barrel 18 inches then that would also work since it would then be a shotgun. Since it was from a Virgin receiver or from a pistol reciever you can turn it back and forth.
Like an ar pistol
You can make it back into a non sbr rifle by adding the proper barrel length and then turn it back into a pistol and adding the 10.5 barrel and by getting rid of the stock.
>>
>>34782451
>"forget" their gun
I don't know USC by heart, but I guarantee you that "Sale" or "Transfer" is defined broadly and would include such a thing, and beyond that, you wouldn't pass any reasonable man test if it went to court, since nobody would ever believe such a thing.
>>34782492
You'd need to pin and weld an extension up to legal length.
>>34782621
Per CFR
>Shotgun. A weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder, and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger.
Unless you're looking to rechamber it, no.

Just stop, OP.
Or spend a few hundred bucks on a lawyer and let them tell you to stop.
>>
>>34782451
ATF please
>>
>>34782801
I also mentioned on having just a pipe/metal tube as the barrel and it not being attached to the barrel. It is the barrel.

Do they define shot shell?
No, they don't.
I mean there are even 9mm pellet shot bullets.
>>
>>34782451
>You have now converted your pistol into a rifle.

You can't legally convert it back to a pistol. Once a rifle always a rifle.
>>
>>34782906
First of all no where does it say in the GCA nfa or fopa that you can't make rifle into a pistol or a pistol into a rifle.

Second of all the ATF said that it's fine to make a pistol into a rifle and back into a pistol.
>>
>>34782451
>And there's no requires about the "permaninity" or effectiveness with this unlike with say deactivating a machine gun or any gun for that matter or attaching an integral suppressor to make an sbr not an sbr.
there would be though, you can't build an 10.5" AR *rifle* with long muzzle brake if you simply epoxy'd or even simply welded it on it, the ATF is very specific about what consitutes permantently attached so that it's a part of the barrel. If it's not according to ATF guide lines like pinning and welding it's not permanent.
>>
>>34784198
I corrected myself and said to use a pipe 16.5 inches long as the barrel.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.