[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on collapsible batons /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

File: 10296244.jpg (11KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10296244.jpg
11KB, 500x500px
redpill me on collapsible batons /k/
>>
They're pretty good I like em.
Stick is good weapon
>>
not bad if you live somewhere that isn't free
>>
>>34782417
I keep one in my truck but am afraid to use it over my handgun because I fear if I did use it for self defense I wouldn't stop beating the person as opposed to a quick death with a bullet or two. But basically just hit them in places you wouldn't want to get hit.
>>
>>34782440
Edgy
>>
File: e4fa0fd319080408.jpg (78KB, 160x600px) Image search: [Google]
e4fa0fd319080408.jpg
78KB, 160x600px
Does it work /k/?
>>
>>34782417
it doubles as something to put in your ass
>>
>>34782465
Its a blunt weapon you dumbass
>>
>>34782417
Get a gun.
If you can't get a gun, kill yourself you no freedom cuck.
>>
>>34782559
because guns are 100% silent
>>
>>34782417
It fuckin' hurts. Depending on pain tolerance and placement not debilitating, but fuck.
>>
>>34782557
Not too sharp, eh?
>>
so legal you can kill someone and wont be charged with anything
>>
File: 20170807_031524.jpg (254KB, 630x660px) Image search: [Google]
20170807_031524.jpg
254KB, 630x660px
>>34782471
Need a thicker baton, no one would be intimidated by that car antenna
>>
>>34782682
Sauce?
>>
>>34782736
https://exhentai.org/g/971461/2e8c6c58a1/
>>
>>34782436
>implying
I can transport my gun but can't carry a baton or a knife.
>>
>>34782417
>not using a blackjack or a billyclub
tsk
fag
>>
>>34782465
can you please stop being a redditor and just address things originally as opposed to addressing everything from a canned response aka meme response

the edgy meme is fucking old at this point, find something original to say
>>
why not bear spray
> ranged
> non-lethal
> extremely painful (4u too if you're unlucky with the wind direction)
>>
How bad can you fuck someone up with a baton? If im in a situation where im confronted by a violent person and I have my carry pistol on me and a baton would I realistically be right to use the baton as a second to last resort to defend myself and beat the fuck out of the guy instead of shooting him? Or maybe a tazer would be a better choice for a means of self defense along with a pistol being the last resort.
>>
>>34782436
>>34782813
Yeah, I'm pretty sure asps are more prohibited than guns are in the US
>>
>>34782836
Autism
>>
>>34782872
reddit
>>
>>34782880
can you please stop being a redditor and just address things originally as opposed to addressing everything from a canned response aka meme response

the reddit meme is fucking old at this point, find something original to say
>>
>>34782902
Autism
>>
>>34782912
reddit
>>
File: PaulDenton.png (267KB, 460x438px) Image search: [Google]
PaulDenton.png
267KB, 460x438px
I like to stick with the prod.
>>
>>34782862

As far as unfree states go, CA specifically prohibits carrying or even owning designed for use as a club, billy, blackjack, etc (especially anything telescoping) unless the owner is a law enforcement officer or licensed security guard.

Just saying.
>>
>>34782916
ok reddit
>>
>>34782944
VA afaik, spring assisted batons and knives are just flat out illegal to posses. But open gun carry is fine, and concealed with an easy to get permit. It's so stupid.
>>
>>34782640
Got double baited right there like an amateur. Leave and come in a few years, newguy, not your time to play with the big boys yet.
>>
>>34782918
The GEP gun? But that would requrie the explosive mission pack DLC available only from Gamestop.
>>
>>34783303
Can you not see the puns, dummy?
>>
File: IMG_8588[1].png (268KB, 1024x827px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8588[1].png
268KB, 1024x827px
>>34782592
what is this aegument even?
>>
It's a stick. A metal stick with a slight weight on the end.

Having a stick will not save you, do not expect it to.

Someone post the video of that one reddit retard pulling one out at a party and getting his add kicked anyway.
>>
are these illegal in florida?
>>
>>34782854
the secret service likes them, but it's more of a "fuck off" weapon than a quick stopper

>would I realistically be right to use the baton as a second to last resort to defend myself and beat the fuck out of the guy instead of shooting him?
if he's unarmed or has something lame like an umbrella then the baton would be reasonable. If he has any dangerous weapon like a knife then you should ventilate him.
>>
>>34782918
Can't believe it took this many replies. This website is circling the drain.

Thank god summer is almost over.
>>
>>34782845
Pest control advisor here. Bear spray/wasp spray for self defense is a meme that needs to die. First, bear spray is weaker than normal pepper spray, it just has a longer jet. Wasp spray is ineffective to humans, much less irritating than even bear spray. It is designed to kill wasps via melting the myelin sheaths in their neurons. It does the same thing to humans, which is why it says right on the back, "Using this product in any way not intended by the manufacturer is a felony." If you want some self defense spray, stick to normal pepper spray. It works better, and it will keep you from being charged with cruel and unusual punishment
>>
>>34783677
>t. Got beat with a metal stick once and trying to keep what littlw dignity he has left
>>
>>34783808
>melting the myelin sheaths in their neurons

Multiple Sclerosis in a can, fucking sign me up.
>>
>>34782862
Yep. My state has full access to NFA and is shall issue, but batons are illegal to carry. Makes zero sense.
>>
>>34782417
In high school one of my history teachers was an excop. He said when they switched from nigger beaters to collapsible batons most cops hated them, because with the aluminum night sticks you could wack someone anywhere and it'd hurt and actually be effective and making them stop, but with the collapsible ones hitting someone somewhere that isn't a joint or on the head wouldn't really do shit because they just didn't hurt as much. He said that was bad because if you fuck up their joint then they can sue the department down the road, and if you hit em in the head they it's likely gonna open em up and they'll bleed all over then you have to call EMS and do more bullshit paperwork etc. He said the only upside was the click sound the collapsible ones make when extending them is usually enough to get people's attention.

Dude had some cool stories, I'd always try to get him to bullshit instead of going over the same bullshit every history class has covered since 7th grade.
>>
>>34783808
>It does the same thing to humans
>ineffective to humans, much less irritating
bruh
>>
>>34783882
Then they were probably using chink shit batons.

I've seen expandable batons break bones like twigs.

Granted, the beefier, heavier, all steel construction ones do this and act as more of a last second alternative to guns, with more range than a knife, sort of weapon, and cost quite a bit more, and require you to have the muscle to give it the swing it needs.

Don't underestimate a 2 foot long section of steel.
>>
I uncollapsed my batton and beat the devil shit out of the stereo wooden speaker.

was able to take the punishment so I approve it.
>>
>>34783956
I doubt they were using anything other than ASPs unless they were turbo poor.

I carry one in case my Taser is ineffective but the incident hasn't risen to deadly force yet. Highly doubt I'd ever use it.

I've been the ASP training and refreshers about yearly for 4ish years. Combat is fluid, so unless you're behind the suspect and get the "heh nothing personnel kid" drop on someone chances are they will move. Then you strike other than where you were aiming and either it doesn't work or you hit them in the head and kill them.

I like the baton because it's traditional but it's definitely only going to be used if the taser can't do the job.

OC sucks because you can get yourself, coworkers, or bystanders exposed as well and then are responsible for decomtaminating the person. Fuck that.
>>
>>34782854
really depends where they hit you. The martial arts saying is "club to bone, knife to flesh" and that pretty much sums it up.

A decent strike on the side of your knee might fuck that knee up for life. A good strike to the back of your head or your temple? Might put you out. Permanently. Or not. No way to know. Take it in the face and the dental bill alone makes me whimper.

On the other hand it's not automatically deemed to be "lethal force" and if you strike the trunk of the body, thighs and upper arms it'll probably just hurt.
>>
>>34782417
I once had a cop break theirs over my potato cannons compression chamber...

Someone called the cops, and they showed up. Said it was an incendary device and instead of booking us he took some wacks at it. Broke the pvc barrel and snapped his baton on the chamber.

One day later we replaced the barrel and it worked like a charm

The look on his partners face , ill remember forever
>>
>>34784044
literally why
>>
Former LEO here. Beat a perp who violently resisted with one - it didn't do shit. I feel sure it would have hurt the next day - in academy our instructor called it the weapon of the future ("hurts tomorrow"). I chose it over OC spray as the contact began outside, in wind, and the offender was wearing wraparound sunglasses. In hindsight I would have done the whole contact differently, but that's hindsight. Would never use a baton again in a one-on-one - you need four dudes Rodney kinging someone to have an actual effect. The guy fought hard because he was going back to jail for eight months, which he did. So It was a success. My partner has 2 internal & 5 external stitches on his hand, almost lost use of a finger (nearly severed nerve) in the melee. AMA
>>
>>34784051
Coppers are not clever, anon.
>>
>>34784059
Convinced me to finally take that heavy piece or shit off my belt. Taser and OC it is from now on I guess.
>>
>>34782417
Only effective if you hit them with the very tip. That's where all the energy is disperesed.
>>
>>34784059
thats cause you a retard who should have studied how to use one.
>>
>>34783950
Listen moron, it will melt your neurons, but It doesn't happen instantly, it happens weeks, if not months, later. The bad guy will already have killed you, sold your stuff, and forgotten about you by the time the wasp spray kicks in.
>>
>>34784113
> Get's into real fight
> Uses weapon on someone for several minutes
> Didn't get in one dibilitating strike
Nah mate. Wanna know why batons are shitty against bacon warriors?

Because FLEX. Billy clubs transfer all of the force and can be stabbed at people. Stabbing people stops people.

But you stab with a baton, and it collapses. And you wack with a baton, it FLEX's against the mussel and fat, redistributing the weight.

Batons are worthless. Get a night stick or a maglight.
>>
>>34782862
>>34782944
>>34783249
MA here, yeah, batons are totally banned. Real shame too, since they seem like one of the better self-defense weapons, right behind pepper spray and, of course, guns.

Banning knuckles I get (but those cheeky cat-face keychains are still common), but why batons?
>>
I got hit by one once. Guy hit my calf and I shattered like a broken glass
>>
Looks like it worked on these hippies link related
https://youtu.be/rokSMbkGmcc
>>
>>34782417

If you're not in law enforcement you don't need them. Carry a gun. You are not obligated to go hands on with a criminal in order to subdue them for arrest.

If you are a LEO it depends on the type. ASP are too light and flex too much, stories of them breaking are common.

RCB is as heavy as the old PR-24 and probably the only collapsible I'd trust.
>>
>>34783326
>>34783303
Pretty sure edgemaster for you back with the
>not too sharp
Because a dull weapon is not sharp
>>
>>34784766
> worked on these hippies
You could probably hurt their feelings and get the same results.
>>
>>34784799
>If you're not in law enforcement you don't need them. Carry a gun. You are not obligated to go hands on with a criminal in order to subdue them for arrest.
The idea is that your gun should be the last thing you use. If you run out of options in this order
>escape
>OC spray
>melee weapon
Then you use your gun. It shows restraint and could very likely save your ass from a court date to decide if you murdered some stupid thug who wanted to rob you.
>>
I got one while deployed to Iraq. Hit an Iraqi with it a few times. Ever since it has been a pain to close.
>>
>>34783860
Such bullshit. How will it reach those neurons? You'd have to inject it into a skull. Blood vessel injection wouldn't even work. Wasspray is mildly annoying at best.
>>
>>34782440
Man I totally feel you on this. I realize you aren't saying this as an edgelord and neither am i but I'd probably do the same. I tend to get into a pretty explosive rage with people I feel like I might need to fight or whatever. Thankfully I'm a pretty passive dude aside from that so I very rarely have trouble with people but o could only imagine if I had to is this id probably go way overkill.
>>
>>34782862
Batons, and blunt weapons in general are illegal in Texas of all places. They're written away in the same line as 'fantasy weapons'.
>>
>>34787002
But would it be as fun?
>>
>>34783314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJe6aHfnCmQ
>>
>>34784631
>>>34784113
>> Get's into real fight
>> Uses weapon on someone for several minutes
>> Didn't get in one dibilitating strike
>Nah mate. Wanna know why batons are shitty against bacon warriors?
>Because FLEX. Billy clubs transfer all of the force and can be stabbed at people. Stabbing people stops people.
>But you stab with a baton, and it collapses. And you wack with a baton, it FLEX's against the mussel and fat, redistributing the weight.
>Batons are worthless. Get a night stick or a maglight.

it bears repeating.
>>
>>34782417
Enough to get you aressted for a concealed weapon
Not enough to defend yourself from a gun.
>>
>>34782854
if you learn some basic skills with an ASP or PR-24 baton you can fuck someone up.

t. corrections officer for past 9 years
>>
File: 1463458439876.png (255KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463458439876.png
255KB, 520x600px
>>34782417
>>34790773

buy a kubotan

also never let anyone meme you into a self defense knives, they're jokes
>>
>>34784190
the perfect revenge
>>
>>34784190
>>34790820
why not make a home made mixture of pepper and wasp spray and just not report the assault if you get away?

I mean first of all, the pepper spray will get him to back the fuck away. The wasp spray will give him a wicked case of neurotoxic poisoning if the guy is right. And if, when he's down, you just keep spraying the fucker, you'll take a piece of shit out of society in a few months and probably won't have charges pressed.

Perfect pest removal.

And besides, if he does go the doctor and try to press charges, what? Will he remember the face of the guy he tried to mug? He'll self incriminate himself.
>>
>>34790773
>9 years
coming round into a decade hows it been
>>
>>34790989
too much co-worker "politics" and union bullshit but I'm invested too much towards my pension to change course now. 13 more years and I can retire with 80% salary
>>
>>34791139
very nice
do you plan to work elsewhere after?
>>
>>34791163
I'll be barely 48 by then so probably, some of the guys I work with who just retired are now working as school resource officers (security guards pretty much) and they seem to enjoy it. another one now does private armed security for a "high end" neighborhood and he says its a joke
>>
>>34791200
sounds good
i hope things go well.
>>
>>34790927
Same pest control fag from the first post here. Not a bad idea, although it is a bit edgelord/vigilante for myself. I can't think of how you would get a custom blend, unless you know how to pressurize cans yourself. I suppose it could work. Just be careful though, what you described is multiple felonies and could land you in some moderate to serious trouble, depending. I would just get a gun, tbqhfam
>>
File: DefenseTechnology_56843.jpg (6KB, 160x329px) Image search: [Google]
DefenseTechnology_56843.jpg
6KB, 160x329px
>>34783808
This.
corrections guy here again.

If you want to use OC for self defense get this:
https://www.safariland.com/all-products/first-defense-1.3-pct-mk-4-stream-oc-aerosol-1012594.html#sm.00001s2wnj4ggrfdvwqxc842g666o

I've been sprayed with this multiple times and I've seen it in action many more times. I've even used it myself a few times. DO NOT buy the crap from Walgreens or even your local LGS (the stuff in the "jogger" key rings). That stuff is a toy.

If you are serious about using OC as a potential self-defense tool then research what corrections officers are using, as they use this stuff daily all over the country. It works but you have to realize it's limitations and understand you WILL get some on your hands or even face if you have to use it in close range.

But it will fuck someone up.
>>
>>34791365
> Not a bad idea
It is though. Wasp spray is ineffective against most mammals. All you would be doing is dilting the pepper spray.
>>
>>34790800
How's that better than a baton?
>>
>>34791390
Fair point. I will repeat for the third time, all these ideas are novel, but seriously just get a gun
>>
>>34787049
Topkek
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to properly conceal one?
>>
>>34782417
get a sjambok.
>>
>>34782525
>implying thats thick enough to pleasure OPs ass
>>
File: sabre.jpg (21KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
sabre.jpg
21KB, 522x522px
>>34791387
>https://www.safariland.com/all-products/first-defense-1.3-pct-mk-4-stream-oc-aerosol-1012594.html#sm.00001s2wnj4ggrfdvwqxc842g666o

I've looking to buy a couple cans of OC. One for the girlfriend's purse and one to play with/keep in my car as a non-lethal defense. Pic related was recommended to me by a neighbor. I don't think it's keychain level gimmicky, but the "3" in 3-in-1 seems to be UV liquid to help ID an assailant after an attack.

The reason I ask after you already gave your suggestion is I've heard that the argument for cone spray vs. stream is that it requires less dexterity to aim, but is more accurate than simple spray which has a tendency to blow back. I don't think I'd have a problem aiming a stream under duress, but I don't know how much faith I have in that tiny woman to do the same.
>>
>>34782436
Califag here, these are classified as billy clubs, and illegal to carry.
>>
>>34794548
Cone is a good choice for self defense, stream has more range and accuracy but in a self defense setting you wont have the time and distance that cops or COs have when they usually use oc
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.