[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is CA really bad state?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 19

File: Flag_of_California.svg.png (15KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_California.svg.png
15KB, 250x167px
moving to california this november is it really bad for /k/
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
fuck off noguns bOP
>>
>>34781134
Go to hell pinko.
>>
>>34781134
Yes and it's getting worse.
>>
>>34781507
hey at least im coming from europe :) we cant even carry a knife
>>
>>34781560
What part you moving to?
>>
>>34781571
Los angeles.Do i need FFL for ordering amm online?
>>
>>34781611
You will next year. Or just drive to Nevada or Arizona and buy it there.
>>
>>34781641
and get caught smuggling ammo? thx no
>>
It's bad, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Unlike some states, you don't need a pistol license. CCW varies wildly by county - some are great, some are awful. The approved handgun list is a pain in the ass, but there are enough guns on it that you do have an honestly decent selection. The biggest real problems are the 10 round magazine limit and the assault weapons ban. I avoided the latter by buying a Mini-14 as my SHTF gun. Lots of people have featureless ARs and some uncucked parts in a drawer that they can swap out in ten minutes if they had to. As for the ten-round magazines, a lot of people have ten-round magazines for the range and some hi-cap magazines under the bed just in case. Gun shops in Reno and Las Vegas have lots of uncucked mags on the shelves, and know better than to ask a lot of questions when strangers walk in and buy a half-dozen of them at a time with cash.

Don't be intimidated. That, really, is what the purpose of these obnoxious gun laws really is - to intimidate Californians out of trying to buy guns at all. You can buy and shoot here just fine.
>>
>>34781689
No one cares. No one will check your car as you cross the state line. All they look for there is produce.
>>
>>34781814
won't they be aware of the new legislation? won't they be checking for that?
>>
File: battlepack (4 of 4).jpg (178KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
battlepack (4 of 4).jpg
178KB, 1000x540px
>>34781777
hey it sounds fun! we pay 3500$for a stupid glock and there is no CCW for civs.
btw is this legal in cali?
>>
>>34781868
No. California Department of Food and Agriculture "officers" can't even legally search your car for contraband apples unless you give them permission to. And if they start posting CHP or CADOJ officers at inspection stations then they are violating the free movement clause of the constitution and will get their asses reamed.
>>
>>34781888
yes as long as you get a "grip wrap" that restricts your thumb from folding over the grip and you pin those mags to ten rounds
>>
>>34781777
whats the logic of having grip wrap? why lawmakers put that stupid thing?
>>
>>34781914
their thinking is that being able to fold your thumb over the grip allows you to kill more efficiently (god know why)
>>
>>34781914
Because it's not permanent and can actually be removed quickly if you really want to. It's better than the bullet button IMO.
>>
File: calcucks.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
calcucks.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
>California
>>
>>34781888
Both factually incorrect. Gun prices are higher, but not horrendously so, and CCW varies by county. Getting one in Mendocino is easy; getting one in San Francisco is impossible.
>>
>>34781888
I got a used gen3 glock21 for $350
>>
Prepare for shitty internet and shitty drivers
>>
ITT: jealous flyover trailer trash
>>
>>34782068
What do you expect? This is /k/ after all.
>>
>>34782053
>shitty drivers
omg this, RIP fast lane
>>
>>34782068
Like clockwork.
>>
>>34781904
You're probably the kind of faggot I see on YouTube screaming at cops because they pulled you over for doing 30 over with no license, telling them not to impede your forward progress
>>
>>34782068
>this is what californians actually believe
>>
>>34782249
No I'm just telling Anon why they don't really care and can't really enforce the retarded law they put in place.
>>
>>34782249
boy that escalated quickly
>>
File: 2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg (176KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg
176KB, 800x588px
>>34781134
No, it's just memes. California is one of the best and richest states in the union. It's also a hub of technology and entertainment with Silicon Valley and LA.

>>34781499
If anything, it's the red state welfare queens who are the pinkos.
>>
>>34781134
The state's nice enough, the gun laws just suck.
>>
>>34782367
>2004
>Illinois giving more

Holy outdated information batman
>>
>>34781910
wait, so unlike the ar, you only need a grippy thing for aks in ca? the 10 rnd mag can be detachable?
>>
>>34782029
>getting one in San Francisco is impossible.

Not if you suck Gavin Newsom's cock real good, then once he finishes you sacrifice a goat to Dianne Feinstein.
>>
>>34782367
hope you realize that red states have more black people and that's why they have more welfare recipients
>>
>>34781134
There are workarounds for every shitty part of the law you can own almost anything with work as long as its not NFA. We have a lot of places to shoot, the weather is good ALL THE TIME, you can live in whatever terrain or climate that you want. Its fucking expensive tho
>>
>>34781904
Why are they checking for produce?
>>
>>34782068
Reminder that your spic ridden state has one of the lowest average iqs and that the white fly over states have the highest. Montana for example.
>>
>>34782856
>the weather is good ALL THE TIME
If you consider near permanent drought and 100+ degree weather 'good' then yeah sure.

The state is terrible for gun owners and I hope you enjoy living around Mexicans and if you find an area that isn't filled with Mexicans it will be in a couple years.
>>
>>34782815
"Pin the mag" as in insert an actual pin into the actual magazine so it only holds ten rounds. As long as the rifle is featureless it can have detachable mags.
>>
>>34782861
Hold over from the dust bowl era, where California was trying to regulate immigration from other US states (primarily the midwest).

The inspection points where there to turn away farm labor, and save the jobs for Californians.
>>
>>34782882
what the fuck 'featureless' mean?
>>
>>34782915
Jesus, how big of a spoon do I need? No pistol grip, no fore grip, no bayonet lug, no flash hider.
>>
>>34781777
>you don't need a pistol license
You need a firearm's safety certificate and proof of residency is required for DROS in addition to a government ID.
>but there are enough guns on it that you do have an honestly decent selection
Guns fall off the roster every year and there are limits on what can be added thanks to the microstamping requirement.

Magazine caps and the AWB can be dealt with, the handgun roster is a crock of shit and needs to go.
>>
>>34782934
No collapsible or folding stocks either.
>>
>>34782915
Is this the first time you've been on the Internet?
>>
>>34781560
You can carry a knife in the UK, so I'm pretty sure you're just meming, unless there's places in Europe worse than Airstrip One.
>>
>>34782934
so how do I hold the rifle without a grip? I don't understand how this makes it safer at all
>>
>>34783026
fucking google cali gun laws you idiot
>>
>>34783026
PISTOL GRIP. PISTOL.GRIP. S GRIP LIKE IS WHAT ON A PISTOL. A GRIP HOLDING GREAT SIMILARITIRS TO HOW YOU WOULD GRIP A PISTOL. sweet merciful Jesus, no guns. Lurk
Moar.
>>
>>34781134
California had better knife laws than Texas until recently.
>>
File: 2hyyo1t.jpg (243KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
2hyyo1t.jpg
243KB, 1008x756px
>>34783026
like this
>>
>>34784373
fuck off
>>
>>34781134

If you want guns and ammo you're fucked
>>
>>34782861
Diseases and bugs and such. California is very agriculture-heavy.
>>
>>34782115
>omg this, RIP fast lane
It's so bad in the Bay Area that I want to rage quit the road sometimes.
>>
File: calguns flowchart.png (576KB, 1725x1320px) Image search: [Google]
calguns flowchart.png
576KB, 1725x1320px
Just going to leave this here...
>>
>>34784373
This is also why the collapsible stock is illegal.
>>
>>34781134

You are so fucking stupid to come here. Just pretend your moving to Mexico.
>>
>>34781134
we need more pro-guns here in cali to combat the rampant anti-guns and repeal the meme laws
>>
>>34782936
The FSC is no big deal though. A 30 question multiple choice test full of easy gun safety questions. A day or two of study is enough to get 100% with no problem.
>>
>>34785176
people come across the border every day, and every day these immigrants birth new children. New children that grow up in poor homes sustained by welfare. Living in areas that are rife with crime from gangs. They vote for politicians that keep the checks coming to their community and blame guns for the violence. They don't tell them that it's the checks that stifle one's motivations to better ones self.

There's no stopping it unless there is a massive disruption event like giant economic downturn (moderately likely) or attempted secession (very unlikely).

That's the real truth.
>>
>>34781134

Depends, do you want to own a new model semiautomatic handgun? If the answer is "yes" then yes CA is a bad state.

Otherwise, it's not so bad, all you have to do is get a kydex wrap for your AR. This isn't nearly as bad as the handgun roster.
>>
File: mexifornia.jpg (186KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mexifornia.jpg
186KB, 768x1024px
>>34785344
this is the plan all along. skip to 6:50 in this vid
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkWrhLb9sUI
>>
>Gun laws that are arbritarty and could change base on how people feel at the moment.
>Being taxed to the point you have to live in shitty areas that have high rent for no reason other then being in California.
It is.
>>
>>34782861
invasive insect species that could ruin the states agriculture

we grow everything that isn't corn or wheat
>>
>>34782367
>California is one of the best and richest states in the union
And also the most indebted to the Union
>>
>>34787336
Anon I don't know how to tell you this...
>>
File: XgZklr6.jpg (530KB, 1668x932px) Image search: [Google]
XgZklr6.jpg
530KB, 1668x932px
i have live here all my life. the laws have progressively gotten worse even in my life time. I do what i can. The one thing that is nice is that the /k/ meets in California are bigger then any nuggetfest or other /k/ meetup.

there is a fuckload of public land you can go shoot on and most people including law enforcement don't give a fuck about the state laws.
>>
File: mfw red riding hood has a bomb.jpg (424KB, 1170x850px) Image search: [Google]
mfw red riding hood has a bomb.jpg
424KB, 1170x850px
>>34782068
I'll enjoy my 30 round magazines in Nevada, faggot.
>>
>>34781134
there is some hope
>>
>>34781777
>Don't be intimidated.
Sure, the penalty for smuggling 30rnd magazines and ammo into CA is the same as a parking ticket.

Honestly you sound like one of those stupid fucks that buys a house right on a fault line, gets fucked in the ass every day by CA then spouts about how great of a place it is.

You know how I can tell you are a complete faggot, you called normal capacity magazines 'hi-cap'.

You know bringing one of those in from NV or AZ can be punished by up to year in jail and forfiting all your gun rights forever.

Oh yeah that's right, just ignore the law, they are just trying to intimidate you! How will they know? All those CHP on 80 sitting on the NV border are only there to catch speeders! They wont search your car. I mean there is NO WAY they are trying to find people they can bust for contraband.

>The hand gun list is okay
No it isn't, there are a ton of guns that people want that are not on there. Every color and option has to be tested seperate so you only get the exact pistols manufacturers will sell the best. Also you get people like Sig mutilating their guns to put a LCI on the top of the slide.

>The assault weapons ban is easy to side step
In some ways yes, in a lot of ways no longer. Everything has to be registered, even if it skirts the ban by having a bullet button.

>Ignoring the ammo bulshit
Yeah, come next year all of your ammo is going to have to come from a FFL. If you order online it will have to get delivered to an FFL. The state has not decided if you can buy it with a federal instant background check or if you will have to apply for a permit from the state.

Also ranges are getting shut down everywhere by screaming liberals, so there are less and less places you can go. All are going to be nazis about slow fire.

You move to CA if you are a fucking idiot adult child.

t. former Californian
>>
>>34782856
Sure you can own a Jericho 941, good luck finding somebody in state selling one.

This is how all the laws go. You are allowed to do something but doing it has been rendered impossible by other laws. Or the courts will have a different interprertation than any sane normal person would. As in "You didn't try jumping out of the 4th story window onto concrete below to avoid the armed robber in your house, so because you shot him when he pointed a gun at you, you are now a murder"

>the weather is good ALL THE TIME
If you are the kind of simple minded dumb fuck that needs good weather to be happy, by all means move to CA.
>>
>>34785220
>day or two of stufy

Yea, if you're a fucking retard.

The questions are so easy on that shit I would be ashamed of getting anything less than 100% without studying.

I took it when I was 21 and didn't even expect to have to take it/know what it was. Still got 100%.
>>
>>34789629
Okay, you totally missed the point of my post. I was NOT, by any means, saying that these laws are okay. What I'm saying is that the primary purpose of them is what's called a "chilling effect" - in other words, to convince people that buying firearms in California is so restricted, expensive, and/or burdensome that they won't even try to do it. Any time a law-abiding citizen buys into this - and many, many people do - then the laws have achieved their primary purpose. Telling those people that they shouldn't be intimidated out of exercising their right to keep and bear arms in California is going to accomplish a lot more than autistically screeching about how much the laws suck. Yeah, I know they suck - so what do we do now? For millions of people, quitting their jobs, uprooting themselves and their families, and moving to another state is not a realistic option. Neither is voting, because the state is overwhelmed with Third World proletarians who will vote for whoever will cut them the biggest welfare check - that means Democrat supermajorities in Sacramento and all of our delegates going blue in presidential elections for the foreseeable future. So in the end, you either buy what guns you can... or you don't. I choose the first option over the second, and encourage others to do the same.
>>
>>34789629
>They wont search your car.

They won't because they can't without probable cause or a warrant.
>>
>>34781134
CA here.

yes it is
>>
>>34789629
>In some ways yes, in a lot of ways no longer. Everything has to be registered, even if it skirts the ban by having a bullet button.
Ever heard of featureless?

You can run 30 round mags with an AR/AK and all you have to do is make sure you have an easily removable grip wrap on it and don't run a flash hider or FG.
>>
>>34789780
>Hey annon can I search your car?
No
>Thanks, now I have probably cause you are hiding something
B-but you can't I said no!

They are going to search your car anway. You want to know why? Because if you say 'no' they KNOW they are going to find something. They also know if they find something it is going to be an uphill and expensive battle in court for you to prove the search was unlawful. They have a million different angles they can justify their actions with. All you have is "I said no". Which means you are going to take whatever bullshit plea deal they offer you.
>>
>>34784373
>>34784936
That is completely legal. You can put the thumb around the back of the grip so long as it is located above the trigger. This is why guns like the Mini 14 don't need any modifications.

And no, the adjustable stock provision is unrelated to the pistol grip. It is considered another seperate "evil" feature that allows you to fold your AR15 up and put it in your pocket before you sneak in and shoot up a daycare center.
>>
>>34789836
That's not how probable cause works retard.

If they search your car after you telling them no, anything they find will be inadmissible as evidence if they try to convict you of a crime because the search would have been illegal. You'll get off scott-free and have solidgrounds for a lawsuit because your constitutional rights were violated. Especially if you record it.

>denying a search is probable cause
You cannot seriously believe this. There's no way you're an American.
>>
>>34788611
fugg yea bro, I was at the last panoche meet and there were a lot of people! we could shoot our uncucked salt webbuns in peace!
>>
>>34789629
>Oh yeah that's right, just ignore the law, they are just trying to intimidate you! How will they know? All those CHP on 80 sitting on the NV border are only there to catch speeders! They wont search your car. I mean there is NO WAY they are trying to find people they can bust for contraband.
Have you tried being white and driving under the speed limit? If you do these things, your chances of getting stopped drop to approximately zero.
>Yeah, come next year all of your ammo is going to have to come from a FFL. If you order online it will have to get delivered to an FFL. The state has not decided if you can buy it with a federal instant background check or if you will have to apply for a permit from the state.
I have doubts that this will actually ever happen. The background check law was predicated on a Hillary win, on the assumption that she'd let the CA ammo background checks piggyback off of NICS. Trump won, and told them to fuck off, so now they either have to build a hideously expensive and complex new background check system from the ground up, or they have to "delay" the implementation of the new law in definitely. I'm betting they'll do the latter.
>Also ranges are getting shut down everywhere by screaming liberals
There are plenty of ranges open. Just look around.
>>
>>34789770
How are you this stupid but able to use a computer? I mean you are fucking dumb, even for a Californian.

>What I'm saying is that the primary purpose of them is what's called a "chilling effect" - in other words, to convince people that buying firearms in California is so restricted, expensive, and/or burdensome that they won't even try to do it.
You told people to buy mags in NV and bring them in if you don't like the restriction. You are telling people to risk a year in jail and a felony conviction to skirt the laws. Owning firearms in CA already is restricted, expensive and burdensome. They don't need to run a campaign

>For millions of people, quitting their jobs, uprooting themselves and their families, and moving to another state is not a realistic option.

Do you know what most natives in Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Texas and Colorado have in common?
>>
>>34789879
>"me and every other officer within 100 miles saw a magazine sitting on anon's passenger seat. prove we didn't"
>>
>>34784909
how can one state be so fucking cucked lmao. I feel like if any of us visited the state any cali gun owner would let us fuck their wives/gf and would probably also raise our children lel
>>
>>34789886
>chances of getting stopped drop to approximately zero
it only takes one dumb fuck
>>
>>34789836
>>Hey annon can I search your car?
>No
>>Thanks, now I have probably cause you are hiding something
Lol what the fuck kind of Europoor shithole do you live in where this would fly?
>>
>>34789929
california
>>
>>34789908
Police encounters are recorded by the police, and can be recorded by you.

Even in this fantasy scenario where the police flat out lie in attempt to find something. Thereby exposing themselves to lawsuit after lawsuit if nothing is found. The audio and video evidence would easily render their testimony invalid and put them in contempt.

Stop being stupid.
>>
>>34789941
The constitution exists in CA.

CA actually has a p.gud record on the 4th amendment.
>>
>>34789906
>You told people to buy mags in NV and bring them in if you don't like the restriction.
No, I told them that doing so is common. I'm not your mom, and I'm not here to tell you what to do. Do if you feel the risk/benefit equation is acceptable, and don't if you don't.
>You are telling people to risk a year in jail and a felony conviction to skirt the laws.
It's not a felony, it's a misdemeanor.
>Owning firearms in CA already is restricted, expensive and burdensome. They don't need to run a campaign
So then I guess we should just all give up and not buy guns here. Great plan.
>>
>>34789985
>we should just all give up
pretty much, the whole state should just sink into the pacific
>>
>>34789965
If they didn't find anything the encounter wouldn't go anywhere.

>recorded by police
not always. that shooting by the somalian officer in missouri is the most recent I think

>recorded by you
Better be a live stream because you'll be accidentally dropping and damaging your phone during your arrest
>>
>>34781914
Google Kevin de Leon, and if you can sit through one of his retarded speeches on gun control without your head exploding like in Scanners, then you'll understand why.
>>
>>34781914
no logic. they want it harder for you to have guns
>>
File: a view to a kill 1.jpg (56KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
a view to a kill 1.jpg
56KB, 600x454px
>>34789999
Do you have Max Zorin's earthquake machine from A View To A Kill? If not, then this, too, isn't practical or helpful.

Again, sperging out on teh intarwebs feels nice, but doesn't actually accomplish anything. I donated to Trump and joined the NRA, and those are really the only productive things I can do about all of this. That, and doing what I'm doing here, which is to encourage people to exercise their rights even though powerful people are trying to intimidate them out of doing so.

Nice quads though.
>>
>>34789985
>It's not a felony, it's a misdemeanor.
I looked up the law, tard. It can be prosecuted as either a misdemeanor or a felony.

Remember CA is a three strikes state. Three felonies and you are in for 25-life. 3 magazines will get you there.
>>
>>34790006
>If they didn't find anything the encounter wouldn't go anywhere.
Except for the lawsuit from the citizen who's constitutional rights you just violated for no reason.

You must live in a sad, scared little world where you bleieve the police can come and fuck you dry with no consequences and you have no recourse.

The police can not and will not pull you over for no reason, search illegally search your car, turn their camperas off, and break your shit to destroy evidence then lie on the stand.

Post a citation or fuck off with your fudd scaremongering bullshit.
>>
>>34790084
Citation needed, badly. Also, the idea that they'd prosecute having three magazines as three separate felonies is ridiculous. Anyhow, if you're scared, then stick with 10 rounds. I won't tell you not to.
>>
>>34790085
kelly thomas comes to mind
>>
File: IMG_20170731_173920.jpg (569KB, 1765x1310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170731_173920.jpg
569KB, 1765x1310px
>>34784373

Jesus...I feel so bad for my neighbors to the West.
>>
>>34790080
it's like reverse blacked
>>
>>34790084
>Remember CA is a three strikes state. Three felonies and you are in for 25-life.

Fuck of, you are posting nothing but fud.

Three strikes was amended by prop to require "serious or violent crime".

Additionally, it doesn't fucking work like that. Even if a DA does try to prosecute you for each magazine being a separate charge. A "strike" only counts for an already tried, convicted, and sentenced felony. You cannot accumulate 3 "strikes" in a single case no matter how many felonies are charged in that case.

Just stop fucking talking. You have no idea about what you speak.
>>
are there any LEO's in here that can chime in on this? I bought a 1911 off of a cop in the bay area once and he kept going off about how little of a shit he gave about 30 round mags and pistol grips. He said he thinks all that shit should be legal and has never arrested anyone for it. He was about in his 40's, cool ass dude and gave me a great deal on a springfield.
>>
>>34790107
>kelly thomas

That has nothing to do with what awe are talking about. That's cops beating a crazy homeless dude to death.
>>
>>34790158
most beat cops wont give a shit about your magazines unless you've done something wrong already and he's just looking for more shit to slap you with.

Add to the fact that possession of said magazines isn't currently (and hasn't been other than the law that was overturned) illegal and at worst can be confiscate as a public nuisance.

Even if that magazine law was enacted/enforced, possession would have been an infraction resulting in confiscation and a ticket.
>>
>>34782249
Please get the fuck out of my country.
>>
File: hra3-12.jpg (680KB, 970x640px) Image search: [Google]
hra3-12.jpg
680KB, 970x640px
>>34781134
it sucks but you can work with it. Don't bother getting an ar or ak or anything like that. Grab an M1 Garand off the CMP.
>>
>>34790158
Most LEOs don't care. My local public range doubles as the practice range for two police departments in the area. People come in with "assault weapons" all the time, and nobody ever checks if they're registered or have illegal features because literally nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>34790174
I'm sure those same type of guys will respect my 4th amendment rights.
>>
>>34790206
A Garand, or an M1A, or an SKS, or an SCR, or a Mini-14. There are options.
>>
>>34790231
...for now
>>
>>34790197
>>34790104
>Anyhow, if you're scared, then stick with 10 rounds. I won't tell you not to.
That's your problem I don't ive in your retarded state

Your cite: https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/how-can-pc-32310-a--be-charged-as-a-felony-if-i-ha-2470131.html

>PC 3210(a) specifies that punishment may imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170. This means the crime is a "wobbler" that can be charged as either a misdemeanor or felony, at the discretion of the prosecutor. They do not have to charge it as a misdemeanor just because you have no priors. For example, in some California counties, all drug wobblers are always charged as felonies. I am aware of no case law on point but I concur with other attorneys here that your possession of the magazine constitutes "receipt" under the statute. In other words, your statements that simple possession is not a crime is probably incorrect. And yes, you have probably hurt yourself with your statement. You should not assume your defense is good based upon a prior case. Every case is different, and even if the facts were identical (which of course they are not), two different prosecutors could make different charging decisions on identical facts. And your defense does not sound legally tenable. Sorry, but you would be wise to lose the indignation and find a good lawyer.
>>
File: gen 3 thordsen.jpg (113KB, 650x325px) Image search: [Google]
gen 3 thordsen.jpg
113KB, 650x325px
>>34781134
Don't fucking come here. You forfeit so many rights as soon as you cross the state line. The only way to own an AR 15 is for you to practically mutilate it with a ridiculous grip wrap or stock or impede its function by locking the mag release. You can only buy handguns from a pre-approved list that never gets updated unless you want to drive around for hours looking for a Curio and Relic handgun that's more than 50 years old. And if none of the new laws get overturned or otherwise fail, your right to purchase ammunition will also be severely restricted.

Want me to continue? The cherry on top of this diarrhea sundae is the fact that CA's gun market is in a perpetual state of panic buying. Hope you like waiting forever to see if the gun you want is in stock and paying 20% over MSRP because most gun stores here are overpriced as shit. And to really top it all off, you chose to move to LA county, one of 2 Meccas for gun grabbers. A county that is so anal about weapons that they want to restrict what kind of pocket knife you can carry. It's your funeral, kiddo. I'm getting out of this sinking ship of a state as soon as I finish college.
>>
>>34790197
Pretty much. And proving that you imported them into California, instead of just having taken them out for a drive, is pretty much impossible unless you 1) get stopped ten feet over the state line, 2) were stupid enough to pay for them with a credit card instead of in cash, or 3) were stupid enough to have kept the receipt with you.
>>
>>34790215
They will beat a homeless dude or a redgaurd on the stret because they think they can get along with it. Redgaurds and homeless people don't have lawyers.

A random upstanding white citizen on the highway that's not driving a pile of shit? That's far too big of a risk for them because that guy probably knows his rights, has a lawyer, and will get the cop in serious shit if his rights are violated.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
It's a spic majority state, draconian gun laws to the point where multiple European countries and Canada have it better, and it's marxist as shit. Also it's one of the dumbest in the nation.
>>
>>34790248
Notice how it doesn't say anything in there about possession?

Possession of said magazines is not illegal.

Most cops don't care and those that do can't do much of anything except take them away.

If someone were to break the law with importing they would have to be caught in the act. otherwise the burden of proof is on the DA to prove the magazines you have were acquired illegally. Which is near impossible.
>>
>>34782367
Wait, when did NH go blue? Didn't they pass constitution carry last year?
>>
>>34790277
Thomas had plenty of lawyers. His dad was a cop and well off enough. Officers were still acquitted both criminally and civilly.
>>
>>34790248
1) These answers date to before the possession ban was struck down by the court. 2) This website seems to be basically a Quora knockoff, and I have no idea whether either the questioner or the answerers are who they claim to be or actually know anything about any of this. The fact that you took it as gospel shows how gullible you are, and explains a lot about your answers here.
>>
>>34790250
dude you totally sound like a fear monger. It's bad but it's not THAT bad
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN4QNTaZ0y8
this guy is a bit of an autist, but I wish the politicians and anti-gunners would watch this video and get their heads out of their asses
>>
>>34781904
Truly California's highest priority is your constitutional rights.
>>
It's a beautiful state with amazing landscapes.

The people....depends, but there's a shit load of very arrogant people who legitimately think they're better than everyone else and that their opinion and attitudes are much more sophisticated. You will meet some cool people, though, they're usually out of staters as well.

As for the culture, holy fucking shit, you either learn to just smile and nod or you end up loathing everyone by the end.

And for gun ownership? Come 2018, we're going to get a massively anti-gun governor and the politicians here are not changing anytime soon. If you think SCOTUS will right our ship, realize that CA has this very smug attitude that it's untouchable, so it'll purposefully drag its feet or harass people over legally owned firearms.
>>
>>34790250
>Hope you like waiting forever to see if the gun you want is in stock and paying 20% over MSRP because most gun stores here are overpriced as shit.
Jeez, anon, it's called "shopping around". You can usually find whatever you want at a decent price if you bother to put a little effort into it. I bought my AR lower at City Arms in Pacifica instead of Reed's in San Jose because it was literally half the price there. Don't just buy what you want at the first place you see it - go to different places, ask questions, read reviews, poke around Calguns... in the end you'll end up paying prices that might be marginally higher than other places, but that aren't completely outrageous.
>>
File: DONOTCOMPLY.jpg (318KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
DONOTCOMPLY.jpg
318KB, 1400x1050px
>>34781134
move here, it's a beautiful state, but remember:

DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY DONOTCOMPLY
>>
>>34790206
>>34790231
>>34790240
have fun with 80% of online ammo retailers shutting their doors to CA sales because they don't want to go through the new ammo bill bullshit.
>>
>>34790418
Good. Fuck cali
>>
>majority spic
>worse gun laws than canada
>extremely leftist
>dumb as fuck

you decide
>>
>>34790466
hey at least we get to have five more rounds!
>>
>>34790277
So you consider anything below a new Mercedes or Land Rover a piece of shit. Do you have any idea how much criminal defence lawyers cost? Anybody middle class is going into debt to hire one.
>>
>>34790418
>have fun with 80% of online ammo retailers shutting their doors to CA sales because they don't want to go through the new ammo bill bullshit
More aspergerish bitching, with nothing constructive added to the conversation.
>>
>>34790353
Does the citation look unreasonable yes/no?
>>
>>34790357
It IS that bad. At least we don't have a list of semi auto rifles banned by name like Maryland does though. You can't even own an M1 Carbine in that state.
>>
>>34790497
It looks unreliable and outdated.
>>
So I'm really wanting to finally build an AR. I prefer the A2 style, so I don't mind having a fixed stock. I guess I putting a brake on the muzzle wouldn't be so bad either, but what really bugs me is the gay wrapped grips. My question is: how hard is it/how long does it take to switch out the grip? I'm thinking I can just put that gay shit on there when I need to have it on, but keep a normal grip on most(all) of the time. this way it will be a "featureless" rifle and I can have detachable mags
>>
>>34790518
get a kydex grip "wrap" that's secured with screws that way you can just remove it when you go shoot on blm land
>>
>>34790369
Why would it matter to them? You have to realize they aren't actually idiots. They're power hungry and are keenly aware of how to achieve their goals the long way. They just want to ban all guns no matter how much they parrot "no one's coming to take yer guns cletus."

t. former commiefornian gun grabber
>>
>>34790549
well shit there it is, thanks
>just remove it when you go shoot on blm land
any Californian who shoots at a range is a cuck. BLM is the only shooting I do, friend
>>
>>34790566
>achieve their goals the long way.
i guess I hope I don't live to see them achieve their goals
>>
File: ferrisFaceWhen.jpg (69KB, 494x493px) Image search: [Google]
ferrisFaceWhen.jpg
69KB, 494x493px
>>34782367
>californians mad they their wealth gets redistributed

you voted for this faggots
>>
>>34790649
....sauce?
>>
>>34790487
ok mr.gungrabber, enjoy defending california.
>>
>>34790693
It's like Stockholm syndrome it's truly eerie.
>>
>>34790649
>implying I voted for any of the shit the CA state government does

Pull your head out of your ass you mongoloid. I am as red as red can be, not my fault the blues fucked the state and then rigged the election system so they would be the only ones capable of getting into office before I was old enough to vote. You can't play by the rules in this state, because the villains are the ones publishing the rulebook.
>>
>>34781134
since your coming from europe it will definitely be a step up the laws here are bad compared to the rest of the US but at least you can still somewhat buy guns and dont have to worry about the thought police
>>
>>34790752
>You can't play by the rules in this state
exactly

for the 2016 election I voted 4 times cause democunts make voter fraud easy for everyone, (republicans included)
>>
>>34790752
>>34790828
Or you could... you know... move so you aren't a felon.

Because lord knows you aren't going to get any of your rights back in that state. And who wants to be some old fuck that has no rights and hates everybody.
>>
File: killYourself.gif (142KB, 1221x1007px) Image search: [Google]
killYourself.gif
142KB, 1221x1007px
>>34790828
>for the 2016 election I voted 4 times
>(republicans included)
FUCK YOU
>>
>>34790862
This desu. There's a reason why the middle class is fleeing this state in record numbers. If you're not a millionaire already your only option will be to become a slave to them instead.
>>
>>34790357
nah its pretty bad here faggot, in terms of gun laws at least
>>
>>34790747
Are you talking about yourself? Because I wasn't the one being "content" with the compromise of owning a featureless rifle in this state, I just brought up the aspect that even with your compromise rifle, another important component of firearms are going to get thrown into the mud real soon.
>>
>>34781507
>>34781560

HAHAHAHAHAHA HOHOHOHOHO

You are going to be dirt poor renting from chinese tenants my nig.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.