[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will S&W ever get rid of their locks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>
thats the first time i've ever actually seen what the key looks like. never ever seen one, my 629 didn't even come with it.
>>
>>34779568
No
Now go buy another M&P like a good goy and remember to vote democrat
>>
>>34779568
Probably not.

DESU, the HH doesn't really bug me. I have a 686 with the lock and have shot some pretty hot stuff through it in the 2 years I've owned it. Never had the lock engage on me.

Probably the only time I'll ever by an S&W revolver without the lock is for a discontinued gun, like the Model 15 or Model 19.
>>
>>34779568
Some new 642s don't have it. I dont know why they don't get rid of it. CA MA sales?
>>
>>34779568
the company that got bought out by a company spear heading gun locks?
If anyone in capitalism liked smith and wesson they could of combined their capital to buy out the brand and employees that know what they're doing.
It's a freaking shame people can't even "unionize" enough to start a company here. Only rich people can decide to invest together to do this shit whether it goes tits up or not, and then all the decisions come from some weird little niche obsessed by a few rich people rather than the people that can afford to buy it.
>>
No. The corporation that bought S&W in 2001 (Saf-t-hammer)owns the patent for the lock design. You're stuck shelling out for one of the "classic" models until that changes.
>>
>>34779568
good job shooting yourself in the foot S&W.
aint nobody got time fo dats
>>
>>34779661
The classic line revolvers have the locks too.

The only revolvers they still offer without the lock is the 340 PD, M&P340, 642, and the 442.
>>
File: rogal.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
rogal.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
the fuck is this lock bullshit? ive never seen one before
>>
File: Chelsea Clinton.jpg (206KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chelsea Clinton.jpg
206KB, 960x720px
Fuck Smith and Wesson. They are a shell of the company they were long ago. Heck, maybe they were never as great as they presented themselves to be!

Anyway, I won't buy from Smith anymore. I have had it with their incremental infringements.

I am willing to bet Smith and We-sin are going to MAKE HISTORY AS THE FIRST FIREARMS MANUFACTURER to require, registration before transfer, finger print or some other ''smart gun'' technology, and certainly more of the same diminishing quality then have been shown time and time again on here to be passing off for a premium price.

Again, fuck you Smith and Wesson. You fucking suck.
>>
>>34779799

You probably have. No one uses the lock though.
>>
>>34779811
no way thats real
>>
>>34779827
I have the rest of it.... The ring matches. It is real.
>>
why was the model 19 discontinued?
>>
>>34779836
I bet that vagina's a mess.
>>
>>34779722
I keep forgetting which ones, the website is a flash nightmare.
>>34779811
Post the rest before your ban kicks in
>>
>>34779799
The lock came about from an agreement with Smith & Wesson and the Clinton Administration.

S&W was getting hit with a shit ton of lawsuits. The Clinton Administration would agree with to end federal and state lawsuits against the company. In return, S&W would have to have to make changes to their business practices and guns. Some of this included selling guns with internal locks, implement smart gun technology, take ballistic fingerprints of its guns etc.

NRA and gun owners immediately boycotted S&W and their profits tanked. Eventually, S&W pulled out of the agreement but continued to build guns with internal locks.
>>
File: rang-rang.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rang-rang.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>34779863
To be honest it looks fucking perfect. Perfect looking asshole to.
>>
>>34779838
S&W purged a lot of .357 K-frame revolvers in the late 90's and early 00's. The Model 19 was a victim of that purge.
>>
>>34779884
post quick or link to a thread

i really want to see it
>>
>>34779884
m-moar?
>why boner
>>
>>34779568

Do these locks fulfill the second lock requirement for restricted firearms in Canada?
>>
>>34779919
wuts this about?
>>
>>34779895
>>>/b/741304275
>>
>>34779882
I've always heard the story go that S&W were gunning for some big contracts, like having all DOJ use their guns etc and put the locks on as a way to appease the rapist, but since it was toward the end of Clinton's term they got fuckall cause the deals fell through and the industry hated them for it.
>>
>>34779935
well damn
>>
>>34779568
Probably not. They only take 10 minutes to remove though, so I'm not overly bugged by it.
>>
>>34779935
fuck, that is a nice pussy
>>
>>34779882
>Clinton Administration would agree with to end federal and state lawsuits against the company

That's not what the Clinton Administration was going to do. The federal government would offset the loss of revenue in anticipated state and federal lawsuits against S&W, not end lawsuits against the company.
>>
>>34779811
Really. I'm not going to ask for sauce since it's got a ring on it, but. You're bitching about free market capitalism. I really think you'd shut your pie hole if you had a slice.
>>
>>34779925

In Canada we have 3 classes of firearm

Prohibited: You're not getting one
Restricted: Covers all pistols, semi auto rifles with a barrel length of less than 18 inches and for some reason AR15s in any configuration
Non-restricted: everything else

A non-restricted firearm can be transported freely and fired anywhere that doesnt specifically say you cant shoot there while a restricted firearm must be in a locked case with a trigger lock on the firearm, it can only be fired on an approved range and can only be transported directly to and from that range.

So TLDR, do I still need a trigger lock if the gun has a built in lock?
>>
>>34780029
I'd contact RCMP since they handle gun laws.
>>
>>34780026
No.... You're just a moron and don't understand how trillionaires and billionaires are using incremental infringements to strip away Americans freedoms.
>>
>>34779838
K frame really couldn't handle much shooting with magnum loads. The K frame came into being to fix this issue and pretty much supplanted the K frames in the catalog.
>>
The only way S&W will stop making lock guns is if the cucks of the world stop buying their overpriced shit. In other words never.
>>
>>34780230
>K frame can't handle magnum loads

Then why was the Model 19 and plenty of other K Frames in .357 Magnum? If that was the case then the K-Frame would be .38 Spcl only.
>>
>>34779935
Goddammit the thread is dead
>>
>>34780258
When the K-Frame magnum was developed it was intended to provide a lighter weight revolver for the .357 magnum cartridge. As such, it is somewhat of a compromise between the N-Frame revolver, the Model 27 and earlier .38 Special revolvers. In the beginning, most ammunition was lead 158-grain high-velocity as offered by most manufacturers. There is a good deal of information that points to the almost indefinite life of the revolver with reasonable care and a diet of 158-grain lead bullet magnum ammunition.

As gun enthusiast know, well enough is never left alone, and the inevitable urge for more power, higher velocity, and explosive terminal ballistics resulted in development of a number of jacketed bullets from 110 to 160 grains. These jacketed bullets could be driven to higher and higher velocities. Based on the “numbers”, they far out-performed their swaged or cast counterparts. Thus, the first magnum cartridge evolved rapidly. When introduced, the K-frame revolvers, due to their many desirable characteristics, became one of the most popular handguns on the market and sales far exceeded Smith and Wesson’s expectations.

http://www.gunblast.com/Butch_MagnumLoads.htm
>>
File: IMG_2524.jpg (82KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2524.jpg
82KB, 680x671px
>>34779836
Post them for the glory of the /k/ube
>>
>>34780215
O rly. So you're going to come at me like that just because you can pick any fucking lock I can buy you cunt?!
>>
>>34780288
Honestly revolver development reminds me of pittbulls, started off nice looking but rapidly turned to massive monsters.

It all looks so blobbly and stubby now.
>>
>>34780258
The Model 19 was intended to fire .357 Magnum only occasionally. The original intention of Bill Jordan, who was the central figure in its creation, was that you would carry the magnums but practice mostly with .38 Special.

Some problems emerged both as a result of advances in bullet technology as >>34780288 has talked about, but also due to changes in police work itself. After the Newhall massacre (look it up if you do not know what it is), there was a recognition that it was necessary for police to be practicing with and carrying with one kind of ammunition. This led to situations where the poor Model 19 ended up being subjected to usage schedules it was not designed to endure (ie thousands of 125 grain manstopper Magnums).

In some testing that the Border Patrol did on service revolvers back in the 80s, they found that the Model 66, which is just a stainless Model 19, was unable to withstand more than 1.5k rounds of hot .357s in the best of circumstances before encountering some kind of serious problem and needing to be sent back to the factory for a rebuild.
>>
>>34780356
Truth. No one is getting the aesthetics right these days. Ruger got close as fuck with the GP100 Match Champion and then they had to shit it up with the billboards all over it. I don't understand what's so hard about making half lug guns. The are objectively better looking than full underlug. And S&Ws finishes are total garbage these days.
>>
File: Anon didn't know this was a S&W.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
Anon didn't know this was a S&W.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>34779568
My new J frame has no lock.
>>
File: 5014.jpg (20KB, 475x223px) Image search: [Google]
5014.jpg
20KB, 475x223px
>>34780406
The Ruger Redhawk would be perfect if they made it with an octagonal barrel.
>>
>>34779568
>revolvers

What is this? The 1800s?

Anything that can't be taken care of with a 10mm auto you should be carrying a shotgun or a rifle

Anything that needs 10mm tier power or less, why the fuck wouldn't you opt for the superior capacity, durability, and reloadability of an auto?

Revolvers are quintessential Fudd guns.
>>
>>34780465

Muh aesthetics though. I feel so fucking civilized with a wheelgat in my hand.
>>
>>34780465
Cool anti-10mm falseflag, bro. Welcome to my filter.
>>
>>34780288
I have a Model 19, had no idea that K frames had issues with high velocity magnum loads.

What kinda ammo should I feed it?
>>
>>34780514
>anonymous
>filter

You're no very smart are you?
>>
>>34780425
Hate that finish. All I want is a nice blued finish ;_;
>>
File: 1313024823384.png (145KB, 329x285px) Image search: [Google]
1313024823384.png
145KB, 329x285px
>>34780514
>Welcome to my filter.
i dont think you understand how 4chan works
>>
>>34780524

It will eat 158gr lead basically forever. Any .38 even +P is fine as well. Basically you will get into trouble with a steady diet of hot jacketed loads especially the newer hot ass 125 shit.

Keep in mind it's not like if you fire one cylinder of some hot shit your gun is cooked it's the steady diet of that shit which causes problems.
>>
>>34780524
If you're going to use .357s in it, try and stick to 158 grain loads. You can shoot 125 grain ones, but don't do it too often. Also, don't shoot too many magnums in general through a 19. Stick to .38 Special or .38 +P for high volume shooting, or buy another magnum revolver that IS designed to shoot thousands of magnum loads with no problems like a Model 27/28, Security Six, or GP100.
>>
>>34780553
So even 158 Gr Lead will cause wear?
>>
>>34780530
You can have that with some sand paper and time
>>
>>34779935
Post it again
>>
>>34780406
>using objective when talking about aesthetics
Yeah nah
>>
>>34779882
S&W tanked and was bought by the company that developed that lock system. They bought S&W to put their product into guns.
>>
>>34780571
Shooting any gun causes wear, bro. All I'm trying to say is that the K-frame .357s, which were designed in the late 1940s IIRC, were rated to be able to handle magnums but not intended for constant magnum use. If you shoot a lot of magnums through your 19, even if they are just unjacketed LRN 158s, you can expect problems to appear before too long. Look it up if you think I'm pulling your leg.
>>
>>34780571
You have to keep in mind what 158gr lead loads were like when they put the 357 into a K frame. There wasn't a big market of hard cast lead bullets out there trying to get up to jacketed velocities so basically there was a hard limit on how hot you could load for lead bullets without excessive leading.

read this:
http://www.gunblast.com/Butch_MagnumLoads.htm
>>
>>34780606
At least some people agree with me when I say that barrel ribs and full underlings look like fucking cancer growing out the top and bottom of the gun, same woth the grip shape in recent years. All gross and for the worse in my opinion
>>
>>34780026
Go away NAPsucker.
>>
>>34780599
http://sexxxpic.com/pics/2193/chelsea-clinton-nude-pussy.jpg
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.