[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will oiling my bullets increase their velocity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 20170806_183248.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_183248.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Will oiling my bullets increase their velocity?
>>
File: Alltheseflavors.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
Alltheseflavors.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>34778661
>>
b8 b8 b8 b8 b8 b8 b8
>>
No, but it'll make insertion easier.
>>
>>34778661
Yes and you can fit more in your faggot ass
>>
>>34778695
Why not? Decreasing friction=faster bullet right?
>>
File: lube-green-ones.jpg (103KB, 496x662px) Image search: [Google]
lube-green-ones.jpg
103KB, 496x662px
>>34778661
Well, it could, by reducing friction. At those speeds though I think the friction is not at all significant. Use a ballistic pendulum and find out! Do you know some basic statistics? Shoot 30 rounds of oiled and non oiled, and then perform a simple test to see if the oiling is statistically significant in affecting the velocity.

In a world where people shine their brass to gleaming for 'accuracy,' which doesn't actually give any benefits, nobody talks about lubing their bullets. In fact they say that you should wipe them off when done resizing.

So, pretty sure the answer is no.

>>34778806
If it were significant, you could also increase velocity by decreasing the rifling twist rate, or eliminating it entirely. Yet, no one believes that is effective, hmm?
>>
>>34778661
Only slightly.

Also, Rem oil is garbage. Use a good oil like Breakfree LP (it's like CLP without the C).
>>
>>34778661
>Will oiling my dildos increase their velocity?
Absolutely.
>>
>>34778889
I mean you could most certainly increase the velocity by reducing the rifling rate or getting rid of rifling completely but then your bullet wont be sufficiently stable.
>>
>>34779263
speed > stability
formula one cmon dude
>>
>>34778661
yes coat them in kerosene for the best speeds
>>
>>34778661
Lubrication will aid in extraction.
>>
>>34779476
This.
And also pour saltwater down your barrel for some good lubrication.
>>
seems like the right thread to post this in. I kept a bunch of 38 lead round nose in leather belt carriers and they tarnished and are covered in green shit now. How do I clean them, are they safe to fire? They only tarnished where the leather was touching them
>>
>>34778661
>this thread happens
>next school shooting occurs
>"shooter used lubed assault ammo"
>"there would be far less casualties with unlubed ammo"
>"you see the lubricant even drips into the clip causing the bullets to load and fire much faster"
>"does the lubricant have any effect on the body?"
>"why yes a lubricated blood cell acts like a slip and slide to other blood cells making clotting impossible"
>lubed assault bullets become the new meme
>>
>>34779600
QTDDTOT might have been a better bet. I had this happen to a belt buckle, and soapy water and elbow grease got it off. You're stuck with elbow grease, since this is presumably ammunition that you want to use later. I think the green shit is mostly leather, not brass. Probably safe to fire, but if you want to be sure you can measure the outside of the things after cleaning to compare to known good ammunition. If the amount of metal on the dirty ammo is just as close to known good ammo as other known good ammo, it's safe to shoot.
>>
>>34778661
Yes. Cerakoting the slide also reduces air-resistance on the action so the springs will last longer and the gun will fte less. All that remoil burns off in the barrel and leaves the teflon baked into the rifling so stop cleaning it and the slugs will shoot flatter.
>>34779600
Should be fine if the rim and primer are intact and there is no setback. If the corrosion has deformed the cases dispose of them.
>>
>>34779670
>>34779600
The green is the copper in the brass oxidizing. As for safety, depends mostly on what you're shooting it out of, and how much you care about the potential for having to extract part of a ruptured cartridge from your chamber.
>>
No just oil your barrel a little tiny bit

>>34778720
Ahhahah omg
>>
Ok yes very funny thread, epic lulz for the win.

Lubing your case aids extraction.
Tumbling your bullets in moly or hBN reduces friction against the barrel, which extends barrel life. Large cartridge shooters do this for reloads.
Straight up putting oil on the round does nothing and it will burn off as soon as it is fired.
Spraying a cartridge with penetrating oil/CLP may cause oil to seep into the casing or primer pocket, which will ruin the powder/primer.
>>
File: IMG_4910[1].jpg (126KB, 957x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4910[1].jpg
126KB, 957x960px
>>34779646
is this cnn?
>>
>>34778661
No it won't, but it will make it easier to insert them into pooper if they are lubricated
>>
just lube the shit out of the barrel
>>
>>34779376
Who needs accuracy by 1200 RPM?
>>
Add some PTFE tape to the OD of the bullet anon, this way it will be tighter to the barrel and work the rifiling better, making it more accurate.
>>
File: gun oil.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
gun oil.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
Just get some of this in the barrel before you fire, works wonders on your ballistics.
>>
>>34783158
No because this is real news.
>>
>>34778661
Is that 6.5mm Jap? Mein neger :^]
And no, leave your bullets alone, don't lube them, and wipe any extra resizing lube off the case when it's all said and done.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.