[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Njet Molotoff!/Prized Nugget circlejerk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Sup /k/. So I just got a 1909 Tula Tsarist Mosin-Nagant turned Finnish rifle yesterday for 350 dollars. Was reading up on it, and noticed it had the D mark on the barrel, which means the throat of it was enlarged to accommodate the new Finnish cartridge. It's still safe to shoot 7.62x54R surplus out of it right? Also, prized Mosin general thread.
>>
>>34777739
Bought a mosin recently, dude threw in a free bayonet. It was a good day.
>>
>>34777916
They always do lol. Just make sure you use CLP and other lubricants getting it on and off the first time. They're notorious for being ill-fitting. What year and armory?
>>
>>34777942
44 and Tula
>>
>>34777739
>It's still safe to shoot 7.62x54R surplus out of it right?
It was always safe to shoot 7.62x54R out of it; it's of Russian manufacture to begin with.
>Also, prized Mosin general thread.
My first and last Mosins: my 1933 Finnish AV1/Tikkakoski Oy m/27 and my Finn-captured 1920 Tula m/91.
>>
>>34778002
Right, just wanted to make sure the mark didn't also mean it hadn't been rebarreled. And I love the M27, torn between getting one of those or a Polish-marked Mauser.
>>34777983
Nice. It in good shape aesthetic wise? My 91/30 is a '42 Izhevsk. You can tell Petrov the illiterate peasant made it.
>>
>>34778025
Wood is not too rough for my taste. Everything else seems great. I'll post pic when I can.
>>
>>34777916
To get the cosmoline out, the best way is to put your oven on the lowest heat it can go (not below 100 tho) and take your mosin apart, throw it in with a small pan of water on the bottom rack, and a big pan or wax paper on the bottom rack, it'll sweat the Cosmo out onto it and run beautifully, it's the only way to get it all out.
>>
>>34777739
>350
You overpaid unless you live in some shit state where all guns are more expensive
>>
>>34778055
Oven is broke for now, is it true you can put it at black trash bag and leave it on your deck to get some out or will I have to get the cooker fixed?
>>
>>34778100
I live in Pennsylvania, where every bubba is selling his 1942 Izhevsk for 350 or more. Plus, I'm happy to have a Finnish Mosin. I've seen shitty Type 53s go for 400 or more.
>>34778115
Black trash bag works.
>>
>>34777916
To get the cosmoline out, the best way is to put your oven on the lowest heat it can go (not below 100 tho) and take your mosin apart, throw it in with a small pan of water on the bottom rack, and a big pan or wax paper on the bottom rack, it'll sweat the Cosmo out onto it and run beautifully, it's the only way to get it all out.

>>34778115
Do you have a blowdryer? Or heat gun? I'd lay it on some newspapers and hit it for an hour with those, and if it gets hot enough outside that could work.
>>
>>34778150
So either disassemble it and throw it in a bag Ima got day, or take a blow drier to it, seems easy enough.
>>
File: 1493682325936.jpg (22KB, 253x253px)
1493682325936.jpg
22KB, 253x253px
>>34777739
Anyone else hate dealing with local gun shops? I bought my first mosin from southern ohio gun, and my lgs has been a pain in the ass. At first they said I had to go in and hand them all the information about the ffl and location of southern ohio gun the gun, and my own personal info. Once I got there the guy told me to email them the info and said I didn't have to come in person until the gun came in. So I emailed them to finalize the transaction and now they haven't responded in 3 days. Also $40 fee plus tax for ffl transfer seems too damn high.
>>
>>34778564
Tfw SOG is 20 minutes down the road
>>
>>34778564
While writing that I continuously went back and forth between this and a TFB TV video so it sounds like I had a stroke while I was typing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.