[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /k/ play war thunder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 20170304_135934.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170304_135934.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Does /k/ play war thunder?
>>
>>34776450
No, its terrible.
>>
>>34776450
yes and no. its a great time waster if you and your friends want to turn off your brains for a while, but its pretty bad.
>>
I used to. then they changed the interface in a way that my old setup + key mapping no longer worked and I went and did other things.
>>
No, world of warships though.
>>
>>34776450
>anon after his 6 Ma Deuces at a Russian plane and failing to inflict any damage because Stalinwood
>>
If you play sim it's pretty fun. Avoid arcade like the plague. US 50s are now magic death machines.
>>
>>34776450
>50 people ready to play
>you get put together with 3 other people and 14 bots
no thanks
>>
I used to, way before it went to shit, two years before tanks were added

I wish there was a good flight combat game easier to get into than IL-2 and not garbage
>>
>>34776499
World of warships is becoming world of battleships though. DD nerfs, cruisers with bullshit armor, and carriers unable to manual drop until tier 6. And not a single fucking nerf to the battleships
>>
>>34776450
It's a great game to pick up and play and do dogfights for free. It's terrible if you take it even remotely seriously with all the fucking grinding you have to do
>It's not grinding if you're just playing the game and having fun
It's grinding when I have to use a shitter plane to develop research on a less shitter plane
>>
>>34776674
There's always Steel Ocean.
>>
File: WP_20170227_011.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170227_011.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>34776706
>fun
Cannot contain rage
Also, gas guns are meh
>>
i am playing rb but should probably stop being lazy and switch to sim, but i have no head tracker and sim in this game needs a lot of fiddling with the joystick's responsive curves and shit and fuck it the very idea to play sim with a mouse like rb
>>
>>34776450
so is war thunder a game where you steal peoples brass at the range?
>>
It's fine for like a month or two, but then I remember how shit gaijin is and then I have to quit again for a few months.
>>
Send help.
>>
I make a new account, get to about Tier V then quit because it just becomes a shitshow after IV.

Reminder to never buy into games with Russian devs.
>>
File: Hurricane_Mk._IV.jpg (58KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
Hurricane_Mk._IV.jpg
58KB, 700x393px
>>34776450

It can be really fun, like when you fly a Hurricane Mk IV with the twin 40mm Vickers S guns with air target ammo, have a lucky streak and fucking disintegrate everything in your path. Watching four engine bombers two tiers higher than you break in half after a single fuselage hit is priceless.
It can be also really frustrating, like trying to fly a British bomber, or trying to shoot down anything at all using a single .303 MG.
>>
>>34776450

I used to, but after a couple years I got sick of Gaijin's shit.

They're just a classic case of a mediocre company with a good idea getting caught up in the F2P bullshit. All the wagers, premium vehicles, decals-for-cash, etc, really drag down an already shakey experience.Taking down videos showing bugs, banning anyone who criticizes the game, or even asks questions, and ignoring the community. Hell, you can be banned or muted on the in-game general chat if you even SAY a moderator's name. Gaijin's community engagement is a fucking joke.

They've really settled into a rut gameplay-wise. It's been largely the same for the last few years, and in some cases (Ground forces in particular) it's worse than it was. And the company is such a slave to F2P that there's a constant stream of content to the exclusion of everything else. Known issues stay unfixed for lengthy amounts of time (Italian machine guns were broken for literally years), maps stay unbalanced, and new gameplay modes never materialize.Not to mention the issues that crop up each and every time they add or change anything at all.

I mean, christ, they're on record saying they can't rebalance aircraft guns without wide-reaching and lengthy work every time they do so (spaghetti coding at it's finest).

And the motherfucking grinding. If you don't have Premium, your progression once you hit rank 4 falls off a cliff, especially in GF. It's just gotten worse and worse over the years. Get premium or get fucked, Gaijin doesn't care.

Oh, and if you've got issues with the game, or are having problems, you're restricted to the subreddit, because the Official forums are so draconian in their moderation that you'll be banned if you even ask about balance, or any major issue. WT's forum's are some of the most pedantically moderated and locked down I've ever seen

I quit a while back, and every few months I check in to see what's up. It's always worse

Fuck Gaijin and fuck War Thunder. It's got such potential
>>
>>>/wtg/
>>
>>34776450
>bias: the game
no thanks
>>
>fire 100mm cannon directly at ruski med tank, no angle
>non-penetration
>>
>>34776450
occasionally, its a fun FREE game. you'd love it.
tanks are fun as well.. as well as battleships
>>
Aces High II was and is better. You're not doing combat sims right if you're not starting your sortie from an airfield and climbing to 25k to cruise to the combat zone. I don't care if it doesn't look as good as WT or IL2, neither of those games got the scale right. In 2008 I flew a P-47D-11 for the 16th Fighter Group as part of Operation Aluminum Overcast that flew top cover for a 270-ship bomber stream. Our two wings of jugs ended up being vectored as the interception force against the first wave of 27 screaming 262s. Somehow, I lived through the merge and wall of 30mm shells and kept fighting for three hours. Persistent faction battlefields > arenas, forever and always.
<s> Real Rooks for life
>>
I still play a Panzer IV C, Sturmpanzer II and DAK Panzer II.

I shit on everything. Even when I can't pen thicker tanks I can still disable and leave them for someone else. I unlock "better" tanks, but I love the challenege hitting guys levels above me. Plus, my crews are jacked from before they made crew training super grindy.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.