[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 23719698_1.jpg (17KB, 1024x234px) Image search: [Google]
23719698_1.jpg
17KB, 1024x234px
Rifle passed down from a deceased friend. From what I can tell, it is a 1947 Model 36 Marlin 30-30, serial 16XXX. Has obvious damage and some nicks. Eventually going to take it to a professional to look at but wanted /k/'s opinion.

Picture isn't mine but is same model. Photos I have are too large for mobile. Will try on my desktop.
>>
>>34776428
are you really going to sell something that belonged to your friend and was gave to you, asshole?
>>
I'll give you about three fifty
>>
>>34776428
Don't sell it ! Especially as a Dead friend left it to you.
That's when Marlins were very well made and its probably taken hundreds of deer. Great piece of history.
>>
>>34776428
send it to me
>>
>>34776456
to be fair, Op doesnt say anything about selling it, although it does kind of sound like he has that in mind.
hopefully we're just misunderstanding him and he doesnt sell it
>>
>>34776428
Op. It's a piece of history, if it's broke, get it fixed.
My grandpa gave me his he used to carry at fucking black panther rallies haha, he was weird but its a great rifle in .35 REM
>>
>>34776428
DO NOT sell your friends heirlooms left to you! If it couldn't stay in his family, it stays in yours!
>>
>>34776542

Let me clarify, I was retarded and meant to say family friend, who was really great friends with my mom and offered it to her, but she isn't really a gun person so she asked me if I wanted it. He would have been okay with that too.

I'm not intending to sell it, so sorry for not making that clear. I was simply curious the value. Obviously an heirloom is priceless.
>>
>>34776456

No, it's staying in my family, I was just curious about it's value. I wish I could edit my post now.
>>
>>34776601
>>34776629
no problem, glad you clarified
>>
>>34776522
I did not know this, thank you for that information
>>
>>34776456
friendship does not exist in an object. Perhaps the item is not that sentimental or he needs the money bad. Perhaps he has other sentimental items or maybe he doesn't try to hold on to the love of the dead through objects. Maybe they weren't that good of friends, whatever the case it doesn't get your friends back. F
>>
>>34776428
sell that old gay fudd shit and get a 6.5 Grendel AR upper and start saving for a 458 SOCUM upper
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.