[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cocealed Carry General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0453.jpg (1MB, 3001x2196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0453.jpg
1MB, 3001x2196px
I have two carry pieces. A Glock 19 and an LCP2. I can shoot the Glock 19 pretty well and I shoot it often, but it's a pain to wear. I have sciatica so pretty much within an hour of wearing it on my hip I start to get lower back pain, especially when I walk.

The LCP on the other hand is a dream to carry. I just slip it in my pocket and I don't even know it's there, but I can't shoot for shit with it. It slaps my hand hard no matter how tight I hold it and after about 25 rounds I usually just give up, and I can't get a two hand grip on it without putting my thumb too close to the barrel for comfort, so I usually just end up shooting it one handed. Shooting Federal Hydrashock JHP makes the recoil far more tolerable and I can actually make some OK groups, but at 67 cents a round it's not really affordable to practice with. What should I do?

1)try to make the Glock work. maybe a hybrid leather/kydex holster with a faggy suspender setup would work better for me than the current pure kydex holster, then only carry the LCP if I absolutely cannot strap on the glcok

2)pony up for more Federal Hydrashock rounds and learn to shoot the LCP2 effectively. If anyone has any recommendations for cheaper, low recoil .380 I'd gladly take them.

3)Find an intermediate gun that is easier to shoot than the LCP but smaller than the glock.

I can't be the only one with this issue.

Thread is more about CC setups themselves then just posting your EDC
>>
>>34776133
How old are you an can I get you blogs url?
>>
>>34776133

Walther PPS M2.
>>
File: pov.jpg (524KB, 1504x1964px) Image search: [Google]
pov.jpg
524KB, 1504x1964px
Appendix carry the glock. Get a proper appendix holster or Mexicarry like I do and it practically disappears.
>>
>>34776253
I just tried this with a full mag and a dummy round in the chamber to see how it felt and it felt great until I had to sit down. The only way to get the grip to stop digging into my chest was to literally point the barrel straight at my dick.......so no thanks. I'll experiment with it a little more. Putting it at around 2:30 with an exaggerated cant actually seems to fit pretty comfortably. It doesn't dig into anything, the barrel is pointing away from me and I can do whatever I want without it printing. It makes the draw a bit harder though.
>>
>>34776133
>sciatica when carrying G19
>a medical excuse to use a shoulder holster with a gun small enough that a shoulder holster works great
http://gunfightersinc.com/products/spectre-shoulder-holster/

Or if you want an intermediate gun between the LCP and the G19 then >S&W Shield >G43

>>34776385
Don't cant with appendix lest it fall into your pants while running and fuck everything up. Draw will be extremely shit, especially if you're in a car getting carjacked. Keep it straight up and down or carry in another position if your body type can't swing it.
>>
>>34776253
>>34776385
I conceal the same way you do, but I have a cheap wallet holster around the pistol covering the trigger.
It stays in my pants when drawing and gives me peace of mind.
>>
>>34776744
I've always wanted a shoulder holster, maybe for my Browning Hi Power for shits and giggles, but also because in a HD scenerio where I might have to make a serious shoot/don't shoot decision (aka is it a burglar or someone wandering home drunk who broke into the wrong house) having a holster that I can throw on and draw if necessary would be cool, but 150 dollars is a lot for a holster when there are not many reviews out on it yet. I wouldn't be opposed to spending that much if I knew it was worth it, but holsters can quickly end up in a box in the corner of your room.
>>
>>34776253
>AIWB mexi carry a glock
6.5/10, sure to get some yous
>>
>>34776133
Jesus man how weak are your hands? The LCP has some snap but it isn't unbearable. I can get through a 100 box easy
>>
>>34776385

When you sit down, you just adjust your pants before sitting.
>>
>>34777783
Idk, might be the ammo. I'm shooting 95 grain Fiocchi FMJ which bites my hand hard. What ammo are you using?

I also might just not have found a way to hold it correctly yet.
>>
>>34777858
Any of the factory shit Winchester, Remington, Federal, just bought some Speer the other day. I carry Hornady XTP and those don't seem to bad either.
>>
>>34777976
You know now that I think about it the first box I shot was Speer Lawman ammo that I bought at the range because my carry ammo hadn't come in the mail yet, and I got through that entire box in one session without having any pain in my hand, come to think of it I think I actually went through two boxes of that stuff. Yeah it's this Fiocchi shit. I'll try ordering something else and see how it works.
>>
File: EDC.jpg (608KB, 1042x970px) Image search: [Google]
EDC.jpg
608KB, 1042x970px
>>34777770
>7
Problem?
>>
>>34776903
I definitely use a trigger guard and I always mexicarry chambered.
>>
>>34778241

>Toyota, the car company so boring even the fucking keys are grey
>>
File: srt4.png (997KB, 1017x759px) Image search: [Google]
srt4.png
997KB, 1017x759px
>>34778276
>Toyota
Ew gross try again.
>>
>>34778241
mileageplus explorer as daily card
c'mon now
>>
>>34778276
>Not recognizing a kwikset key
>>
File: g43.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
g43.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
I was annoyed by the size of my g19 for summer carry. Even 'compact' sized guns are a bit too big unless you're wearing really baggy clothes, or you're a very large person where it doesn't stick out on your frame.

I wound up doing the g43 to resolve my issue and I'm happy with it. M&P Shield would be another slightly larger option that'd be a bit easier on you than the LCP. Then again, it's best to just get to a rental range and make your pick from their options after shooting a few.

Also, I'm really digging some aspects of this holster I've got. I bought it to have the smallest package possible, and it does the trick. However, the clip on the back blocks my middle finger a bit when I reach for it. I'll either replace the clip or go back to a multiholster, or something similar.
>>
File: money cat.jpg (560KB, 1280x1666px) Image search: [Google]
money cat.jpg
560KB, 1280x1666px
>>34778342
What's the matter, is your credit score like negative two hundred?
>>
>>34778322
>SRT-4
That's a fancy way of spelling Lawnmower
>>
>>34778241

Hello. Where is wallet?
>>
File: srtdyno.jpg (224KB, 984x422px) Image search: [Google]
srtdyno.jpg
224KB, 984x422px
>>34778457
>mad he gets outperformed by a lawn mower.
wew, post car now.
>>
>>34778479
On the back of my phone are the 3 cards I carry daily. 1 debit 1 credit 1 Driver license. CCW permit sits with my spare mags in the spare mag pouch.
>>
>>34776253
>pointed at your fucking dick
there's no way I'd ever do this no matter how secure the gun is
>>
File: EDC Current Year.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
EDC Current Year.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>34778530
It's not pointed at my fucking dick. It never even sweeps my fucking dick.
>>
>>34776133
>1) Figure out a way to carry in a shoulder holster.
You may need a shorter gun than the Glock 19, though.

2) Do hand and wrist exercises to improve your grip strength.
The LCP II isn't painful to shoot if you grip it tight enough so it's not bouncing around in your hand. I wouldn't even rate it as that difficult of a gun to shoot.

>3) Look into the carry guns of the elderly and the infirm.
All of Beretta's little pocket pistols (Jetfire, Bobcat, Tomcat, etc.) are supposed to be really good options for this. They recoil very little, have large grips and don't require a lot of gross dexterity to operate.
>>
>>34776133
>I have sciatica so pretty much within an hour of wearing it

Never even consider becoming a cop. My belt must weigh at least 25lbs. That coupled with being crammed in a car with a cage in the back so the seat doesn't go back at all... You get used to the pain and eventually it's just numbness.
>>
>>34778483

>he's proud of his neon
>>
>>34778575
Some of us don't have dicks that hang safely above our sacks...
>>
>>34778993
I work for every dollar of everything I own and I'm passionate for the little hobbies I can afford and I'm a poorfag student, Nigger I'm even proud of my toaster.
>>34779044
>Some of us don't have dicks
Then there's no reason to worry about it, carry appendix pussy.
>>
>>34776133
Might try a glock 43, I reload for fun mostly, and I reloaded some 147gr Hornady HST a little hot but it was still manageable in a glock 43, but I'm also a big build with large hands.

You may also try some different springs and maybe some lighter loads to practice, then load it with hydra shock.
>>
>>34776133
Sig P238 HD is the softest recoiling .380 probably on the market. You might want to check one of those out.
>>
>>34779106
>carry appendix

Glockdicking myself is a non-issue because my gun has a safety like it should, but I still like 5 o'clock so I can do the wallet reach gag. If I'm wearing a jacket I'll just do 3 o'clock.

Why don't you carry 3 o'clock where your gun should be? Afraid someone will see it... p p p pussssyyyy?
>>
>>34779626
I usually get tired of things I do so I'm sure at one point I'll start carrying at 3-5 o'clock. But the whole appendix thing started because of school/work so I can deep conceal, so yea you're right about printing.

The wallet reach gag makes sense, I had a close call one time with a wood-be robber that I was pretty sure he was going to do something but when he saw me resting my right hand on my handgun in my appendix area he changed his mind and walked away.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.