[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is having a laser on your carry pistol stupid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

More specifically, crimson trace.
I'm asking because having pistol laser sights seem to be unpopular. So is it just a gimmick/waste of money?
>>
>>34773018
I don't personally see the point. Speaking wholly for myself, if I ever found myself in the sort of situation where my life depended on it, I think I would be resorting to muscle memory and wouldn't bother with the precious seconds it would take me to find the dot.

Again, speaking wholly for myself, the decision to keep a small light on mine was the better choice.
>>
>>34773018
It'd be ok on a small pocket pistol or revolver I suppose. Wouldn't understand the point on a larger automatic, where you'd be better off using the sights
>>
>>34773018
You end up fishing for the laser dot instead of aiming properly. IMO only useful aspect of a laser is for showing you what your hands are doing when you're squeezing off a round like pushing or pulling the gun left or right or flinching
>>
Nothing says I don't know what I'm doing like a laser
>>
>>34773329
>IMO only useful aspect of a laser is for showing you what your hands are doing when you're squeezing off a round like pushing or pulling the gun left or right or flinching

This. Our unit had a night exercise, and we decided to give them a bit of handgun training for a change, so we put their lasers on their sidearms, zeroed them and then made them shoot at steel at 10-50 m.
It was a learning experience for most of them - jerking everywhere, combined with bad cases of the shakes when they started on their trigger pull. It was the first time in years we made any progress with some people's pistol marksmanship.

Anyway, they're also pretty good on SMGs, you can basically forgo sights and use the dot to do super fast follow ups even on moving targets, and chasing the dot isn't an issue since the dot doesn't dance around under recoil like it does on handguns.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.