[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snubby question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
So say someone made a contact shot on a bad guy with a snubby .357, how much tissue damage do you reckon would be caused by the extra energy that is released at the muzzle vs a point blank shot, say from 2-3 feet away? Would the difference be substantial, or not? I bet many of you who have fired full-house .357 out of a snubby have wondered this. Also, would there be less risk of blowing your eardrums out from a contact shot (perhaps muffled by bg's body) vs point blank? Pic related (my BUG)
>>
There would be a significant amount of tissue damage from the contact shot. The wound would be massive, it will tear the flesh very badly especially with a snub nose. In my firearms safety class in high school the teacher showed us a picture of his friends hand after he accidently shot his handgun while pushing the slide back by grabbing the front of it with his fingers. The bullet didnt even hit his hand at all but it was torn up bad from the blast. It was basically this except it was all down his palm and it was all caused by the muzzle blast, i think this guy actually just shot his hand.
>>
File: hand2.jpg (23KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
hand2.jpg
23KB, 480x640px
>>34771036
Fucking picture got taken off
>>
>>34771051
Wow that's rough. Do you happen to know the caliber of the gun?
>>
>>34770902
using a body as a suppressor would be some John Wick shit for sure
>>
>>34771063
He took it with him deer hunting as a dispatch weapon so it was probably a 9mm or something bigger, not sure what calibers are good for a dispatch gun but Id expect it to be 9mm or bigger. Also that pic isnt his friend, thats just one I found that looks lile the wound his friend had.
>>
>>34771084
Yeah I'm just wondering if the gasses that escape between the cylinder and the forcing cone are loud enough to cause significant hearing damage and/or ruptured eardrum even if the report from the muzzle is reduced
>>
>>34771106
Ok cool. Much appreciated
>>
>>34771112
Watch yourself with a .357 magnum if youre in doors. That shit is super fucking loud from what ive heard. Read a forum where a guy said he set up a little shooting range in his basement and forgot his ears and he shot a .357 and it destroyed his ears, he said after that he had bad tinnitus. Not sure about the gap though, its still going to be loud but i doubt itd be anywhere near as loud as the muzzle blast.
>>
>>34771123
A .357 in a snub nose is going to leave more torn flesh than the gun he had, he has a full sized handgun when that happened to him.
>>
>>34771177
So more powder burning outside of the barrel should increase this effect rather than higher pressure from the round leaving the barrel at a higher velocity?
>>
Bump for knowlege
>>
File: Contact Shot.jpg (82KB, 860x547px) Image search: [Google]
Contact Shot.jpg
82KB, 860x547px
>>34770902
>>
>>34770902
I'd imagine that the pressure would be intense, it might pop the skin around the muzzle like a balloon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.