[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armatix is kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_8963.jpg (44KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8963.jpg
44KB, 500x334px
https://www.wired.com/story/smart-gun-fire-magnets/

Smart gun can be unlocked with $15 worth of magnets. Antigun fags eternally btfo. How will they ever recover? Oh I am laffin
>>
File: IMG_8964.gif (22KB, 176x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8964.gif
22KB, 176x200px
Fuck those comments
>>
File: magnets_c.jpg (43KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
magnets_c.jpg
43KB, 800x450px
Doubt theyll figure out a practical way to fix this problem, they are fucked.
>>
>>34771237
It's almost like everything people criticized about this has come true
>>
>>34770828
>$15 worth of magnets
How do they work?
>>
>>34771291
To our advantage
>>
>>34770828
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXtqBVbxmto
this libtard.
>guns havent evolved
8:20
>my soul actually dies
>>
this shit needs a bump
>>
File: 1433180364805.png (2MB, 1444x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1433180364805.png
2MB, 1444x1080px
Did anyone even give a shit about their gun before this magnet thing?
>>
>>34772025
waT?
>>
>>34772085
some literally who smart gun gets fucked over
what is the big deal? how many people even bought into this gimmick?
>>
>>34770828
If this is its only problem then id say its pretty good
>>
>>34772473
It isn't.
>FTF
>FTE (extract AND eject)
>worst trigger ever
>seems to only be 'ok' with SOME brands of ammo (this varies from gun to gun)

It's rare to go through an entire magazine without failures, all for $3000 with the RF watch. The NRA said it was the worst .22LR pistol they've ever reviewed, and I believe it goes beyond just the politics.
>>
>>34772131
this.

never heard about it until i saw that dumb video of a guy larping as a genius hacker
>>
>>34772025
I'm in a design field and every few months some speaker comes and mentions this abomination.

Or worse, one of those internet connected smart guns, holy shit what a fantastically terrible idea those are.
>>
The question they failed to ask and he failed to answer is "Will smart guns ever work as advertised?"

The answer is no. Security here. Someone will always figure out a way to defeat your security.
It's a never-ending game of finding holes and patching them over, creating new holes in the process.
The security field never been a question of "is it secure", and always has been a question of "how secure are you willing to pay for", and "is having to go through all these loops really worth it"
If you use wireless signals to trigger activation, we can always jam those signals.
If you use biometric data, we will steal it.
If you use a password, you are already dead, and then we will steal it.
If you use a wired authentication scheme, we can steal the authentication device. Physical access always means that we can do whatever we want.

The more security you place on something, the more encumbering it is to use. For something as mission critical and user interactive as a gun, it might be smarter to not put any security on it at all.
>>
>>34772826
The best security for gun is safe handling and knowing where you keep it.

Smartguns I think would only end up enabling even poorer handling in occupations where it already isn't very good.
Which cop would you trust sooner? The one who's familiarized with an old junker S&W M10HB, or one with a gun which enables his laziness and recklessness in the guise of safety?

I mean dumbass cops is pretty much the majority of sufferers of 'Glock Leg', so that I think says something.
>>
>>34770828
>newfags
post the archive link
>>
>>34772694
>all for $3000 with the RF watch

And it's not even a good looking watch.You'd think for that much money they could make it look like Venom's watch from MGSV at least.
>>
>>34771188
They're actually not that bad, but then I send a lot of time browsing places like the Washington Post to get recreationaly angry.
>>
File: Smart_Gun_800_1.jpg (28KB, 800x341px) Image search: [Google]
Smart_Gun_800_1.jpg
28KB, 800x341px
There's only one smart gun that should be allowed to exist.
>>
>>34772025
Considering the gun grabbing assholes who want to make POS like this mandatory for guns I think you can say very much relevant
>>
O L D
L
D

N E W S
E
W
S
>>
>>34770828
S
>>
>>34773402
W a n t
>>
>>34773794
never heard of it until this magnet thing
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.