[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

slide fire stocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: Slide-Fire-SSAR-15.jpg (28KB, 550x318px) Image search: [Google]
Slide-Fire-SSAR-15.jpg
28KB, 550x318px
Have any anons here ever used or own a slide fire stock?

How well do they mimic full auto fire?

Are they safe and/or easy to use?

In general, what are your thoughts on them?

They seem pretty cool to me and at just $100 (price of the one pictured), regardless of what your opinion on full auto is, it doesn't seem to be a huge waste of money for what it allows your gun to do.
>>
>>34770742
>How well do they mimic full auto fire?
Relatively.

>Are they safe and/or easy to use?
Yes and yes.

>In general, what are your thoughts on them?
They can be fun toys.

Some fatass autist will come wandering into this thread and yell about how you should just practice getting better at shooting instead, as if anyone would buy this for any practical purpose and as if it wasn't basically a toy.
>>
You should just practice getting better at shooting instead, as if anyone would buy this for any practical purpose and as if it wasn't basically a toy.
>>
>>34770893
>>34770935
pottery
>>
You should just practice getting better at shooting instead, as if anyone would buy this for any practical purpose and as if it wasn't basically a toy.
>>
>>34770935
>>34770945

t. Some fatass autist
>>
>>34770742

I used one on a WASR once. It's easy to use, but I felt it was difficult to control accuracy while using it. That might just be due to me being unfamiliar with "full auto" though.
>>
If you like feeling like your AK is always trying to punch you in the face, you'll love them
>>
File: 94.jpg (312KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
94.jpg
312KB, 980x1306px
It's fun. Everybody at their factory was really nice, although the owner got a bit big for his britches to say the least
>>
>>34770964
You worked for them?

Got a story to tell?
>>
>>34770963
Would actual full auto be any different or more controlled?
>>
I kinda want one for my 10in SBR just to make it even more of a range toy but I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and get one of those binary things. IDK. Would a binary trigger and a slide fire even work together?
>>
I have one on my ar it does good
>>
File: 1467598469405.jpg (72KB, 350x328px) Image search: [Google]
1467598469405.jpg
72KB, 350x328px
>>34770958
>>
>>34770969
No, a coworker of mine dated their manager at the time. I got to go visit and was in some publicity video they shot for SHOT or something talking about how easy it is to use from someone that never used it before. Got to ride out to their personal range in the company mule.

The owner was trying really hard to get their belt fed upper a government contract. My buddy actually was flown out to Vegas to help with SHOT and they got there a day early to have a private range session for some military brass. Then, at the same time, he decides to buy an old factory building in Abilene and buys some industrial loading equipment from Switzerland (complete with Swiss workers to set everything up) to try his hand at producing ammo from scratch. Idk how that ended up, about that time my buddy broke up with the manager (who had just quit to sell insurance or something) so I fell out of the loop.

I've got a funny story about the owner. I'll greentext in a few minutes.
>>
>>34771037
Very cool.

But yeah, that does sound like some pretty big business ambitions.
>>
>>34770961
You'll have substantially looser groupings by default when using a slidefire stock.

>>34770963
Try not being a bitch.

>>34771007
I have no idea if they'd work well together, but generally it's easier to get into a 'rhythm' so to say, with a bumpstock.
>>
>>34770996
Real full auto is much easier to control because you can lean into it and attempt to tame the recoil with proper shooting technique. With a slide fire the gun is just bouncing back and forth inside a stock so it's really not easy to control
>>
>>34771223
>You'll have substantially looser groupings by default when using a slidefire stock.

Is this also generally true for an actual factory made gun capable of full auto or are the groupings with a slide fire stock looser than those of a real full auto rifle?
>>
>>34770742
-Yes.
-Was not a combat guy, got to go full auto once in the military. They do not mimic the mindless joy well, but they work well enough to have fun.
-Yes and Sorta. You have to softly hold forward against the recoil, and try to squeeze the trigger. Very hard to actually spray, granted I was using an AR-10
-The hand crank is fun. Combine that with an echo trigger or equivelant, or bumpfire on an echotrigger and you are in business.

go ahead, look up crank action AR-15. its stupd fun and worth the novelty.
>>
Does anyone know if a slide fire stock would go right onto an AR pistol and work perfectly? The buffer tube is already smooth and they need a smooth buffer tube to work. Also if you get a slide fire stock is that technically compliant with califaggot laws about featureless rifles as in it doesnt have a pistol grip?
>>
File: 20130913_160032.jpg (255KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
20130913_160032.jpg
255KB, 980x1306px
>>34771061
>pretty big business ambitions.
Yep. I don't think he really knew how to handle money like that. When they got started he essentially recruited his neighbors to work for him. They were very locally oriented at the time.

>Owner goes to Ford dealership in Abilene to buy a truck to haul shit around
>Test drives a top of the line F-350
>On his way to do paperwork he asks about the Shelby GT 500 Roush they have sitting in the showroom.
>"Oh yeah that thing is pretty nice huh?"
>Asks to test drive it
>"Heh, I'm sorry, we don't let just anybody test drive those"
>Owner says FUCK THAT SHIT
>Proceeds to buy the F-350 and GT 500 outright at the same time
>Has to call an employee to get a ride over to drive the F-350 back to the factory, while he dicks around in his brand new 500.
>>
>>34771299
pistol + stock = SBR

Ya, you're not getting that in Cali
>>
>>34771299
>as in it doesn't have a pistol grip

But it does. In the OP pic that pistol grip is part of the stock.

In any event I would say there is no way they are complaint with Cali law but I'm not positive on that.
>>
>>34771338
Okay now that's just reckless spending and boasting.

I agree with you that "a bit to big for his britches" is saying the absolute least if that was how he handled money.
>>
>>34771266
A rifle with a bumpstock will have far worse accuracy than an actual automatic weapon, because you're actually shaking the gun back and forth all the time.

You can mitigate this somewhat with a bipod, but it's still pretty noticeable, and you might have to get a lighter trigger to make it work.
>>
>>34770742
fuck that and get an echo trigger. more controllable, accurate (you're not sliding the entire gun) and you can use any ergonomic stock style you want. dont get me wrong, slide fire is better at "mimicking" fa cause you hold the trigger, and is significantly cheaper, but the echo man...
and the slide stocks support more platforms at the moment so theres that
>>
File: 20130913_162549.jpg (427KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
20130913_162549.jpg
427KB, 980x1306px
>>34771386
The business practically exploded out of nowhere. I assume since they are still around and kicking he has gotten better about it, or at least he got somebody to take care of that shit for him. I really thought they were circling the drain, especially when they started suing people for similar stocks (i.e. the bumpfire guys).
>>
>>34771340
>>34771357
The california thing wasnt along with the other, i was just wondering since it had the grip attached to the stock would it count as a pistol grip because i thought that if the grip.and stock are one piece it's not a pistol grip, its part of the stock.
>>
File: 20130913_160141.jpg (580KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
20130913_160141.jpg
580KB, 980x1306px
>>34771422
Don't get me wrong though, everybody there was super nice. Even the owner seemed like a really down to earth guy in person. I hope the best for them, and again, since they are still in business hopefully he has learned to contain himself better in that regard. It was essentially what would happen if you gave some country boy tens of millions of dollars, since that is pretty much what happened.
>>
>>34771464
Well a thumb hole stock counts as a feature so I'm going with yes.
>>
>>34770742
Yeah
Back when i was nogunz i used to go too the shooting range and rent guns and i rented an ar with a slidefire stock without knowing what it was or that it was even on there
I pulled the trigger and did a 3 round burst and flipped out because i thought i was shooting an automatic
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.