[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any practical reason to have anything but an AR-15,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: DCshHh3UQAEFkpf.png (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
DCshHh3UQAEFkpf.png
42KB, 500x500px
Is there any practical reason to have anything but an AR-15, Shotgun and Compact pistol in ones collection?

I dont hunt, I dont shoot skeet, I dont really collect anymore, I only compete and want guns for self defense in my home.
>>
>>34770570
For you or for someone else?

If ya really just want those three, sure go for it. You still hit the range though, right?
>>
>>34770599
>You still hit the range though, right?
Thats another point, I only have to ever haul 3 guns to the range, and only ever buy accessories and ammo for 3 guns too.
>>
>>34770570
Is your AR is a suppressed SBR, is your shotgun is a benelli semi auto, does the pistol have a match trigger kit and RMR?

There's always room for improvement.
>>
>>34770664
>Suppressed
>SBR
no im not a tax stamp cuck, but everything else I could see investing in over time.

with all the money im saving not buying other guns why not.
>>
>>34770570
In handguns alone I have 6 in my CCW rotation based on a combination of comfort, firepower, capacity, and concealability. I could easily double the number in order to better fill in roles.
>>
>>34770570
I think it depends on the person, really
>>
>>34770570
It's a meme/fudd opinion, but you should also have a .22 at the very least. Either to plink on the cheap, or introduce others to guns in a less intimidating way.
>>
>>34770570
>>34770776
I have an AR 15 because if you have any rifle it might as well be that, even if i want to hunt with all I do is just get another upper

A pump shotgun because HD and plinking is great, and with a pump I dont have to worry about finickiness that $2000 inertia guns have

Then I have a wonder nine for HD and competition, followed by a revolver as a back up for when I cant CC the wonder nine plus if someone jumps me I cant jam an auto into their gut and still have it fire.

so for me its 4 guns follow by another upper or two for the AR.

I could have an arsenal of 1000 guns, but I dont see why when I could get good with the few I need.
>>
>>34771145
If you get good with one gun, much of that carries over to other ones fairly easily. I can pick up any common pistol and shoot it well without much issue. Striker fired, SAO, DOA, SA/DA. The only things I can think of that trip me up would be paddle mag releases and speed loading revolvers.
>>
Practical:
A home defense gun
A hunting gun
A concealed carry gun
A plinking gun
A SHTF gun

Some of these could be one and the same - a pump shotgun isn't a bad choice for home defense, hunting, or SHTF. Or you can do home defense just fine with your concealed carry gun. Or your SHTF gun can be your home defense gun, too. But if I were to choose one for each, it'd be:

A Maverick 88 or Mossberg 500 for home defense.
A Savage Axis II or Ruger American Rifle for hunting.
An LCP/LCR or one of the smaller Glocks for concealed carry.
A 10/22 or Marlin 60 for plinking.
An AR or Mini-14 for SHTF.

That's all practical, but hey, nothing says you have to be practical all the time. There's not much practical about my Arisaka or my CVA Wolf, but I have them because I like them. So buy what makes you cheerful, anon!
>>
>>34770570
>As a person who only wants a pistol/shotgun/ar for my own reasons, what reasons could people possibly have to get other guns outside of my own interests?
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 900x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 900x253px
>>34770570
I dont have a shotgun or a pistol yet because the firearm nest is still growing however

AR platform is so versatile, and thats what makes it a truly beautiful rifle. Its ridiculously adaptable.
I still fear that its retardedly outpowered compaired to AKs, however
If youre in the US, ammo is fucking everywhere
Same goes for any parts youre gonna want.
You can take game with it
Generally, anything you need to hit is going to be within 120 yards.
And if SHTF for real finally, these are great rifles because of
>low recoil, meaning you can re-aim and engage multiple targets, faster.
>lighter ammo means more ammo!
>the retarded ease and customability of these rifles are endless.
Flashlights and lasers are retardedly useful, especially if you ever have to scavenge/ scout pitch dark buildings, basements, or neighborhoods.
>>
Bare minimums
-Megapoorfag: .22 bolt-action + SxS shotgun
-Poorfag: 10/22 + Mossberg 500
-Not-so-poorfag: 10/22 + Moss 500 + any compact handgun
-Less-than-poorfag: 10/22 + Moss 500 + Glock 19 + decent budget AR
-Middle class and higher: do what you want, it's not like you're gonna need guns in your gated communities when society is WROL.
>>
>>34772216
Marx pls go
>>
>>34770570
>>34770633
You look like you're pretty much set, barring the redundancy to your carry gun and a backup/deep concealment gun like a G42 or S&W 442/642.

I'm pretty much like this, I fucking hate bringing +2 guns to the range and it's just a shitshow when you have to account for different things to take with you. Though, you should at least have one "fun" gun that includes a K-Frame revolver, lever gun or whatever.
>>
Might as well toss the shotgun while at it
>>
You do you senpai. If you don't feel inclined to buy a bunch of guns then don't bother, more money to buy ammo and hit the range more often.
>>
>>34770570
If you want to be as practical as possible if you're an American citizen
>an AR-15 for home defense
>a shotgun for home defense
>a compact pistol for conceal carry
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.