[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dun Goofed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (164KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 600x441px
So I just bought a Walther PP in .32 ACP for $300. Did I goof or is it a practical first time carry piece.

I have always loved the looks of Walther PP-K-KS series but am sorta feeling like I might have goofed.
>>
>>34770230
A gun is a gun, but the PP and it's family isn't exactly fantastic by modern standards, stiff DA trigger, snappy recoil (despite being all metal).

.32ACP is certainly on the modest end, but there's some alright defensive ammo from Underwood (cavitators I think they were called), so if you wanted to carry it, that would be the most logical option.

You could have done a lot better, but on the other hand, you only paid $300 for it, so that's not so bad.
>>
>>34770265
I kinda just wanted it to say I had it to be honest. Some guys drink their paycheck a away, I buy non sensical gun shit.
>>
>>34770317
Nothing wrong with that, guns are for enjoying too.
>>
File: 1493671813603.jpg (29KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493671813603.jpg
29KB, 720x540px
>>34770230
Reminds me of this.
>>
>>34770230
Any chance you bought it today from a gun shop in Indiana? Because I was the guy standing behind you that was mad jelly you found it before I did.
>>
>>34770230

A German Walther for $300? Even in .32acp, I would have jumped on that fucker.

Did it come with the original box, extra mag, anything?
>>
>>34770230
You did excellent, anon. 300 is makarov money
And in the prince of blowback calibers, 7.65 as well.
You avoided the rookie mistake of buying a PPK/PPKS before you know if you enjoy straight blowback waltherlikes. The PPK can be a bit of an acquired taste and those with large hands may never enjoy it.
It boggles the mind how many people buy the PPK first because "muh james bond, muh hitler" and hate it when they actaully shoot it. There's tons of PPKs wasting away, maybe sipping 50-100 rounds a year if that in the gunsafes of America and that's a damn crime.
Even more a crime if they're only seeing 50 rounds a year and sitting on some palooka's hip.
>>
>>34770230
Where did you get it and do they have more?
>>
>>34770230
Where the fuck did you find one for $300?

I've been looking forever, and everywhere I go, they're priced out the ass.

My local gun stores won't have one ordered, I don't know if that's because it's a hard gun to sell or if they just actually can't.
>>
>>34771043
No original box unfortunately.
>>34770721
No PA sorry bro.
>>34771332
National Range and Armory in PA, only one they had.>>34771352
>>
>>34770230
You could've gotten a tokarev for less
bigger, but it's got a less anemic .30 caliber cartridge
>>
>>34771903
Posts like this are why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>34771903
>could have had meme gun with unobtanium ammo and mags for "less"
Have you looked at the price of Tok mags as of late? Like $60 bucks a pop.
>>
>>34772092
I said nothing that isn't truth
that said I posted it because of an opinion I hold
>>34772169
look buddy I don't know where you shop But I got my last extra mag for $23
>>
>>34772186
Tokarevs are generally less nice.
The milsurp ones also aren't dropsafe.
>>
>>34770230
Shoot it first OPie, I have a Sauer 38h, went shooting with my buddy recently, he brought his modern Sig 9mm, couldn't hit shit at 10 yards, my .32acp put holes exactly where I wanted them with no problem.
>>
>>34770230
>Did I goof

probably

try shooting some 32acp ammo

walthers are jam city unless the springs are perfectly matched to the ammo, forget jhp only use ball ammo even if you get the feed ramp polished

32 will not kick much but that DA trigger is what 15lbs ? that's alot of pull for 1st shot
>>
>>34772169
>$60
Where the fuck do you shop!?!
I can get Tok mags for $12 a pop
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.