[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unfucking a relative's pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: BoMarEFSa.jpg (23KB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
BoMarEFSa.jpg
23KB, 800x446px
Hey /k/omraden, I've got a question about 1911 accessories: Is there a particular barrel bushing wrench I need to remove a match bushing on a gun with a BoMar bullseye extended rib? Standard ones do not fit and I'd rather not take off the sight rib. Pistol needs its barrel inspected, all new springs, new grips, and rust scrubbed off.
>>
>>34769169
You should be able to take the barrel bushing off by hand without a wrench and without removing the extended sight.
>>
>>34769352
It's a match bushing (Micro) or it's frozen up with rust because it isn't budging.
>>
>>34769169
Do it with your fucking fingers.
>>
>>34769393

Try like half a can of penetrating oil, maybe that'll loosen the fucker up. Remember to let it sit for a few minutes or so to let it work.
>>
>>34769393
Something is wrong. Your bushing should move easily. You may have to replace the bushing and slide. Fortunately, bushings ans slides can both be bought for much less than the cost of replacing the pistol.
>>
>>34769425
A fine plan
>>
>>34769444
Well I'm planning to do enough work to it that he just gives it to me, and I don't care about all of these bullseye competition parts so that would be fine by me. I'll try the oil and see if she's still stuck hard
>>
>>34769425
>>34769459
expanding on this: Buy a larger ultrasonic jewellery cleaner, one you will never miss and is pretty cheap. Fill it with penetrating oil or something lightweight. In goes the seized set of parts.

Cleaner wont last more than an evening or day if you are lucky before the oil penetraits the silicone membranes between the vibration units and electronics which fucks the unit, but it will get into every nook and cranney available.

Should go without saying but: Do this outside, on a nonflammable surface, away from your home. Do not breath the aerosolized oil particulate. Just dont be around the fucker.

Only do this if a regular method doesnt work, and you are worried about fragility/ precision parts and excessive force that would be needed.
>>
It's worth noting that early attempts at accurizing the 1911 did include matching bushing to barrel so tightly that it would be difficult to turn by hand. There might have been a special tool, but good luck finding it. I'd get a plastic bushing wrench and modify it to fit if you want to keep the sight on. The use of a penetrant to break up any rust that might have formed is also a good idea.

Application of heat might help.
>>
>>34769393
Did you try retracting the slide slightly? When the barrel isn't in full lock-up the bushing turns much more easily. In fact, it's recommended procedure for all match bushing fitted guns.
>>
File: DIS_5025.jpg (166KB, 1515x590px) Image search: [Google]
DIS_5025.jpg
166KB, 1515x590px
>>34769169
You can cut the top off of a bushing wrench.
>>
Try removing the slide before removing the bushing. Just line the notch up, push the slide stop pin out, and remove the slide off the front of the gun.
Once you have it off, take out the recoil spring, rod, and cap out, and oil the bushing from the inside. Use Kroil or Liquid Wrench if you have it, and try to wiggle it free.
>>
>>34769498
This but try using penetrating oil without the sonicator first, and remove the grips before doing stupid shit. Take the slide off if you can.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.