[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debanned SAR-1 for $825 shipped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 8751971938_ff9ac721f1_b.jpg (605KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8751971938_ff9ac721f1_b.jpg
605KB, 683x1024px
Have a line on a SAR-1 AK, with the muzzle threaded for a slant brake, the furniture replaced with Russian AKM laminate, and the gas block with its bayonet lug welded back on. Seller (out of state) is asking for $825 shipped to my FFL. Do you think I should go for it?

Pic not the exact rifle, but close enough.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
btt
>>
>>34767191

No. Unless you want it for a collectable, you can get an Arsenal for about the same price and a WASR for much cheaper.
>>
>>34767191
If it's done well, then fuck yeah, do it.
>>
>>34768666
Yeah, sure thing Satan. There isn't any closer you can get to a military AKM than a well converted SAR-1, although I'd say I'd rather an SAR-1 with a military Romanian AKM gas block instead of welded lugs.
>>
>>34768691

It is still a older used rifle. I would prefer something new if I was spending that much on an AK, new furniture and gunsmith work not withstanding.
>>
>>34768717
Then you're a dipshit. It's a "used" rifle that isn't being imported anymore. It, again, is the closest you'll get to a military rifle, even closer than a parts kit build with original barrel.
>>
>>34768777

>giving a fuck about non-imported rifles

I buy guns to shoot, not to collect bucko. Fucking hell, almost every imported AK in America is cut off via sanctions or ceased importation. Take your AKM autism and cram it up your ass.
>>
>>34768821
>hey bro, I'm a shooter not a collector dude XD like fuck anything besides buying guns to shoot like right?
>>
If you have a stash of ammo you can just be patient. People are concerned combloc ammo will dry up. They will dump their AK types ( no ammo) to buy ARs and such. I have seen SAR1s running around $650 on a regular basis. I like the SAR series because I have a couple that have Russian and or East German parts. You could always go to the Akfiles and put a WTB add in and see what hits you get.
>>
Stopped lurking to report I bought my SAR-1 for $450 a few months ago.
>>
>>34770997
Damn; where did you score a deal like that? Did it come with any accessories/ammo?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.