[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/astles in the modern age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1497.jpg (78KB, 663x521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1497.jpg
78KB, 663x521px
I was in the Midevial thread and I became curious in regards to the practicality of /k/astles and fortified structures in the modern age of air warfare and the likes
So, how practical would a fortified structure the likes of a /k/Astor be today?
>>
>>34766920
not at all.
>>
File: flak tower.jpg (177KB, 1000x806px) Image search: [Google]
flak tower.jpg
177KB, 1000x806px
might work
>>
>>34766935
Let's say you could successfully defend from any air attack, what about then?
>>
>>34766942
>Let's say you could successfully defend from any air attack, what about then?
who deals in such retarded hypotheticals?

if its impervious to air attack its a bunker not a castle, and both are still just immobile targets
>>
File: _82365253_82365252.jpg (60KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_82365253_82365252.jpg
60KB, 660x371px
>>34767021
Pic related. Thick walls are about the only protection you can from these invaders. There are no armies that will protect you. You can't legally even fight back if they attack you.
>>
>>34766938
Those didn't work either, just made anti air very easy to destroy by targeting a specific area, better to spread them out on various rooftops
>>
>>34767057
Pic related. This is how people have to live in brown countries. Europe is going to be mostly brown if the Jews are allowed to continue their replacement scheme.

Build your castle now, /k/, before the labor gluts drives down wages to the point where you won't even be able to afford the bars.
>>
>>34766920
I can only see this working in an apocalyptic scenario with no armor or air to be used against it.
>>
>>34767076
So basically Germany today.
>>
Air defense networks are the castles of the modern age.
>>
File: 1501907696752.png (607KB, 750x808px) Image search: [Google]
1501907696752.png
607KB, 750x808px
>>34767021

Wtf are you talking about you cunt? Don't try and derail the thread with your Jewish diverting tactics.
>>
Honestly I've kind of wondered what sort of fortifications are reasonable cost vs. effect. Against small arms fire it's practical but anything larger Just seems like a lost cause. Castles could hardly stand up to black powder cannons, granted not many modern things actually compare to those but quite a bit of things exceed them. Really makes me wonder why more houses in the city are not build up enough to stop a rifle round from penetrating at least the outside walls.
>>
File: immigrants.jpg (87KB, 678x373px) Image search: [Google]
immigrants.jpg
87KB, 678x373px
>>34767156
Nations are being invaded. Citizens are being attacked and thrown in prison if they fight back. Walls are about the ONLY defense remaining to the European common man.
>>
>>34766920
Not really unless you design it specifically to resist modern bunker busters along with redundant construction so that even if one bunker buster penetrates the structure is still operational to the point that spamming bunker busters might not even work economically speaking.

>>34767067
Strange how all 8 flak towers built survived the war when they did not work and the flak towers in berlin stopped any attempt to create a fire storm in berlin. Later on when the Soviets came they were pretty much indestructible anything they could throw at it hence why all survived the war where most of the destruction of the flak towers were done by demolition engineers after the war.
>>
>>34767067
they did tho. It''s one reason they're still standing.
>>
File: 1466967889230.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466967889230.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>34767156
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.