[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHUSH Act Form letter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: paW0wCC.jpg (130KB, 1600x1152px)
paW0wCC.jpg
130KB, 1600x1152px
So a while back I said some more eloquent anon needs to write up a form letter to spam the ever loving shit out of our congressmen and senators to support the shush act.

no one did so, so now I've done it instead.

Send THIS letter to your congressman
"As your constituent, I urge you to cosponsor H.R. 3139, the "Silencers Helping Us Save Hearing Act" (SHUSH) Act.

This bill would remove suppressors (a firearm muffling device) from any other form of federal regulation.

The fact is that suppressors are little more than elaborate metal tubes. There is no reason why gun owners should pay a $200 tax for what is effectively ear plugs.

This bill would go a long way in protecting the rights -- and hearing -- of hunters and gun owners across the country.

Again, I urge you to cosponsor H.R. 3139.

Your constituent,"
and send THIS letter to your senators
"As your constituent, I urge you to cosponsor S. 1505, the "Silencers Helping Us Save Hearing Act" (SHUSH) Act.

This bill would remove suppressors (a firearm muffling device) from any other form of federal regulation.

The fact is that suppressors are little more than elaborate metal tubes. There is no reason why gun owners should pay a $200 tax for what is effectively ear plugs.

This bill would go a long way in protecting the rights -- and hearing -- of hunters and gun owners across the country.

Again, I urge you to cosponsor S. 1505."

so spam the ever loving shit out of them, lets get this shit passed and unregulate silencer's.

also, silencer thread.
>>
>wanting to assassinate in silence

If you want silencers, then we need a nation-wide ban on .22 pistols.
>>
>>34765433
you would have a better chance of getting SBS and SBR laws gone
>>
if silencers were deregulated do ypu think wed see a bi improvment in terms of performance or would they just be more widespread? i imagine ammo companies would start/increase making subsonic ammo but im not sure what else would change.
>>
File: gun cake.png (204KB, 750x3200px)
gun cake.png
204KB, 750x3200px
>>34765433
No, repeal pic related first.
>>
>>34765614
They would be much cheaper as reselling would expand exponentially and more manufacturers would get in the game since there would be higher volumes sold
>>
I think we're going to see some kind of restrictions removed. However, you have to watch Democrats less they repeat a FOPA by sneaking in some bullshit law to fuck over gun owners (though FOPA did much more good than bad, but in traditional Congressional matter instead of repealing the Gun Control Act they "fix it". Sound familiar?).

The industry is struggling. They need something to get the money rolling again. We are going to get a suppressor law at the very least. Why? Smith & Wesson went out and bought GEMTECH last month.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/07/02/gemtech-sold-smith-wesson/

Now, why would a publicly traded firearms company suddenly buy a well-known suppressors company? And whom would invest in said publicly traded firearms company if they knew the company was about to have a massive new market with high demand created for them?

Really makes the brass tumble.
>>
>>34765627
yea it would take a republican super majority in both houses to repeal the GCA and /or NFA in their entirety, i rather settle for winnable battles, rather than winnable ones.
>>
>>34765663
err...
>i rather setting for wwinnable battles, rather then UNwinnable ones.
>>
Excellent OP, now make a letter for the repeal of the Hughes amendment.
>>
>>34765433
>The fact is that suppressors are little more than elaborate metal tubes. There is no reason why gun owners should pay a $200 tax for what is effectively ear plugs.

I'm not trying to shitpost, but this sounds really unprofessional and immature. There is so much wrong with both of those statements.

All I want to happen, and seems much more reasonable to get done, is to take the wait time down to a reasonable 14 days. Keep everything else the same.
>>
>>34765744
14 days on a NFA background check. dude you are insane that will NEVER happen, i mean could you even begin to imagine just how much more people the atf would have to hire to begin that?

also, the dude is right, silencers are little more than elaberote metal tubes, i mean you can litteraly MAKE a silencer with a pipe, some steel or brass wool, some end caps and drill and tap.
>>
No one needs silencers. We have good ear pro nowadays. If the sound still bothers you, just shoot less.

It's not like you're discharging firearms to defend your life all day every day. It's a hobby, limit yourselves.
>>
>>34765846
actually, even with the BEST earpro available the sound level of a gunshot is still high enough to cause damage to you hearing if repeated.
>>
File: 1501808232763.gif (772KB, 640x360px)
1501808232763.gif
772KB, 640x360px
>>34765663
Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
>>
>>34765854
Then read the next part of the post.
>>
>>34765744
If I had even the slightest inclination to commit crimes with a surpressor I would just circumvent the purchase of a surpressor entirely and buy a goddamn solvent trap.

Now stop being a goddamn child and assume grown fucking men are stopped by preventive laws just because you're too fucking stupid to recognize these types of laws only ever affect the good or indifferent and never the malicious or criminal.
>>
>>34765771

I see you're and expert at this so let me ask you a question. What is the difference between a background check for a standard firearm, and one for an NFA item?

At the federal level, If you can legally purchase and own a firearm, you can legally purchase and own an NFA item. It's a simple background check through NICS.
The wait time is simply a barrier to entry, deterrent, red tape, hoops to jump through. It's just BS.

You can literally make an AR full auto with one small component, you can literally make a SBS with a hacksaw too. The fact that theyre elaborate tubes has nothing to so with anything
>>
>>34765900
If you're not a criminal then you have nothing to worry about background checks, registration and a few weeks of waiting for a stamp.
>>
>>34765587
Ahhh a retard ..... go ask mommy for a cookie your shit post got a (you)
>>
>>34765913
Except a future ban on what you own and confiscation.......or you know freedom
>>
>>34765846
>It's a hobby

i wish leddit would leave
>>
>>34765909
the standard background check is though the NICS system and basically just checks any submitted police records based on name/ssn/etc etc.

the NFA search includes a afis search (hence the requirement of sending in fingerprints) furthermore, NFA searches are also handled by SPECIFIC examiners, of which there are only about 15, 15 examiners who handle THOUSANDS of forms coming in
>>
>>34765997
I wish people would stop taking obvious bait
>>
>>34765913
And if I am I would circumvent your stupid fucking plan anyway.

Instead of ridiculing your lack of reading comprehension I'm just going to restate my argument again and hope you can process it this time.

If I'm a criminal and have shit to hide I am going to buy a solvent trap regardless of what proven failure of a plan you dream up.

In application your plan only affects non criminals, regardless of your intent.
>>
>>34765744
>>34765744
You deserve the gas chamber.
>>
>>34765972
If they start confiscating guns from NFA owners they're not about to leave regular firearm owners alone either. But neither is going to happen unless things really go to hell.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.