[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Officers and Enlisted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

Why are the officers of the world so successful?
While the enlisted of the world are so unambitious?

We have former officers running their own private militaries, starting weapons design firms, defense-oriented hedge funds, research organizations, positions at schools that actually matter, getting political office, etc.

Pic related, one of many extremely successful SOF commanders.
>>
Meanwhile, an enlisted guy's garbage retirement check is usually spent on barely holding his life together in some poverty stricken hell hole. I thought SNCOs loved "working for a living".
>>
File: 1489206008425.jpg (73KB, 645x912px)
1489206008425.jpg
73KB, 645x912px
>>34765413
1. because we are smarter and better educated than the usual enlisted, hence is why someone thought it'd be a good idea to make us officers.

2. is this bait or are you just stupid?
>>
>>34765413
enlisting in the armed forces, no matter what your IQ or education level, is tantamount to volunteering to be low class for eternity. you will never be taken seriously by the social or political elite. you will never be given the same opportunities as officers. you will be assumed to be low intellect, low bred, and worthless.

DO NOT ENLIST IN THE MILITARY. go to school and get a commission.
>>
Historically and generally speaking, only rich people used to be officers because those were the only ones who went to college and had connections. It allowed them to usually advance political and social ambitions while maintaining a relatively comfortable standard of living above your average soldier.

Today, there is very little divide between officers and enlisted aside from three things; age (you can't commission at 18 obviously), long term goals and ambitions, and patience. Getting a commission today is mostly about patience and not being more intelligent, generally speaking. Everybody goes to college now, especially when it's completely free with military service. In the future, commissioning will likely require an advanced degree of some sort and not just a Bachelor's.

Some guys want a military career and some want the military experience and benefits. A commission is obviously better for the former. There are guys who decide to serve 20 as enlisted, and it's impossible to decipher their prerogative because it varies from person to person. John Basilone was offered a commission but turned it down.

In short, there are some smart enlisted and some stupid officers. Everybody is different depending on their background and what they want to do.
>>
>>34766743
>there are some smart enlisted
No. If a physics major decides to work as a stripper, that doesn't make the physics major smart. That just means you have a dumb physics major on your hands. Same applied to the physics major who went enlisted.

He may be smarter than the other enlisted. But he is still stupid as fuck compared to a normal human being or an officer.
>>
>>34765893
>2. is this bait or are you just stupid?
He's an enlisted
>>
>>34765413
>Why are the officers of the world so successful?
>While the enlisted of the world are so unambitious?

these are rhetorical questions.
>>
FPBP
>>
>>34766911
>actually believes there are no dumb as fuck officers

Kind of blows the entire "enlisted make better officers" theory out of the water, doesn't it? There are plenty of stupid officers. You are generalizing close to about a million people.
>>
>>34765893
>because we are smarter and better educated than the usual enlisted, hence is why someone thought it'd be a good idea to make us officers.

You are an officer because you sat around for a year as a NEET or as a Dunkin Donuts employee waiting for selection boards while other people did their time and got out. All your men likely wish they had a mustang for an officer and will talk about their dumbshit CO when reminiscing about their military careers in the future.
>>
>>34765413
>many

where? how many ex-soldiers were driving the agenda at any of the recent bilderbergs?
>>
>>34767359
>All your men likely wish they had a mustang for an officer
They are probably more concerned with keeping their kid and their fat wife fed. Or more concerned attempting to dig themselves out of debt.
>>
>>34767359
>implying the opinions of enlisted actually matter

Sure, they can reminisce to their buddies about how stupid their CO was whilst working at the mechanic shop where they pull a whopping 30k/year. Meanwhile, said "stupid CO" is off making 6 figures and laughing with his buddies over a cigar over how legitimately retarded his enlisted were.
>>
>>34767359
i did nothing like that, enlisted scum.
Now stop posting and finish cleaning the restrooms
>>
>>34767506
I feel so sorry for whoever has a weeb as an officer
>>
>>34767719
Weebs are taking over
>>
>>34767719
>implying the enlisted aren't also a bunch of weebs
>>
>ITT: 1st year ROTC cadets
>>
>>34768475
How much weebness will be away to get away with as an army warrant pilot? Will I be able to decorate my room with weeb stuff for example?
>>
>>34765413
Because they carefully select only the best from among the hopefuls who apply to be officers?
>>
>>34768531
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>34765413
Because once you are enlisted, you are locked in. Thanks to scheduling in combat arms, there's little time or energy to eg do college online. Plus, the good ones get out after their first term. So by the time an enlisted gets their degree, they're already an E7, tired, married, they by not be bottom 20% but certainly aren't top 20%, and riding out the rest of their career as enlisted is simply the better choice.

That said, college today is no longer a suitable gauge of merit. As recently as 15 years ago, university graduates had an average IQ of about 115, so degrees were a good filter for getting smarter men. Today, between more people getting educations and the real quality of degrees declining, the average IQ is now...100, same as a random pick from the masses.

source: I are a "smart" enlisted and consequently salty as hell waiting for my warrant packet to get approved.
>>
>ITT: Follow my tracers!
>>
>>34768513
yes. if you are a warrant officer, literally no one fucks with you. you could get caught with your dick inside one of those silicone anime ten-year-old sex dolls and still no one would fuck with you.
>>
>>34766040
^^^so much this.
>>
>>34768560
Wanted to kick this guy's shit in the entire series
>>
File: CHUDs and Morons.jpg (1MB, 1500x1028px)
CHUDs and Morons.jpg
1MB, 1500x1028px
>>34765893
>he got a degree in poli sci from a state school yet thinks he's smart
>he doesn't understand how to use the adverb "hence" yet thinks he's smart
>he fouled up a two-word hyphenate yet thinks he's smart
>he can't capitalize yet thinks he's smart
It's certainly true most enlisted men are pillow-humping, video game-playing morons who will never have any higher purpose in life than being blown up for Israel, but the notion that the common American officer is somehow a useful, capable, and dignified man is laughable. Without an army to uselessly die in, most of them would be managing a Zaxby's.

This wasn't always true. We used to have a great army with real purpose, and a competent officer class from the upper social strata. Not since the Korean War, however. I mean, look at these fucking dolts. What do you think they'd be doing if not for the massive manpower requirements of the army?
>>
>>34766911
Strippers can probably pull in more money than a physics major. Most of those guys get out and can either teach or work for not a lot given the amount if schooling they do. Strippers can pull in 600 or more bucks a day, tax free.
>>
>>34768595
Not even close to accurate. I enlisted in the Guard to finance my education as a chemist. It really and truly hasn't hampered me in any way whatsoever. When you're smart, and you do smart-person stuff for a living, Dupont and Dow give two fucks when hiring chemists.
>>
>>34768586
>get to fly military heli
>but weeb stuff with disposable income
>buy and fuck loli sex doll instead of landwhale dependas
>get less shit as warrant officer
Sounds like a good life
>>
>>34768513
There's room inspections.
>>
>>34768743
A WO wouldn't be living in the barracks, chump.
>>
>>34768779
He would if he were a sexless virgin weeb bachelor.
>>
>>34768820
Still, not likely
>>
>>34768947
It's no a choice. Needs of the Army.
>>
>>34767412
Stupid fucking blanket statement. What you did in the service is going to determine what kind of job you get not your rank. In fact, being an officer can often be a detriment because you don't do any of the hands on work and are instead a babysitter. But you have muh leadership skills I guess so you'll be fine being the Captain of a private security company or something.
>>
>>34768978
You are a fucking idiot. On overseas posts, they would have officer bachelor's quarters at worst. But CONUS you are just as likely to see a Lieutenant or Captain forced to live in the barracks as a warrant
>>
>>34769003
This, even the fucking Air Force lets its unmarried E-4s move out of their barracks, you think the Army wouldn't do the same for dudes who are above any enlisted?
>>
>>34769003
Bullshit. In my barracks, anyone above E5 had to move out of the barracks. All officers got preferential placement for on post housing. If you think Army officers live in barracks while CONUS, you're either retarded, or you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>34766911
How's that afro studies degree treating you?
>>
>>34769507
Pretty poor reading comprehension there nigger. I was making the point that you are as likely to see a WO in the barracks as an O-1 or O-3, which is never. I wasn't suggesting officers live in barracks.
>>
>>34769666
Ah, gotcha. You're right, my bad bro.
>>
>>34768681
>video game playing
It's the current year reeee
Haven't gamers had enough hate?
>>
>>34769382
Can confirm even Army E-3's sometimes get off post housing.
>>
>>34766911
>found the civilian
>>
>>34765413
>Why are the officers of the world so successful?
They are more educated, get paid much more, and have a great opportunity to advance their military careers into very high ranks
>While the enlisted of the world are so unambitious?
They are not as educated, get paid less, and have very little opportunity to advance their military careers into higher ranks
>>
File: winters.jpg (27KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
winters.jpg
27KB, 1280x720px
>>34765413
>have the chance to go to OCS after college
>not sure if I want it

talk me out of it or into it /k/, whats its really like? the living arrangements, the benefits, the day to day? I take everything the recruiter says with a grain of salt
>>
>>34770046
No one likes you and you have no idea what to do when you are a LT. After that it gets better.
>>
Virtually all officers are idiots and sycophants. Most enlisted men are the same way; their reputation is worse because they come in as teenagers, and do their stupid shit when they'll get a military paper trail for it. They're also far more likely to actually be punished for misconduct, rather than protected by the good ol' boy club (particularly, if the enlisted is a white male). Most officers did their stupid shit as college students, and got away with it in an atmosphere where an article 15 or bad NCOER doesn't follow you for the rest of your career. The officers that are successful are the exceptions, just like successful enlisted men are the exceptions. If you disagree, you're delusional or one of the morons I'm talking about.

Our military is a jobs program masquerading as a meritocracy whose sole purpose is to create and pay retired officers while giving lip service to the idea of being a combat oriented organization. Outside special operations units that select for high quality personnel, it's all garbage. If you want proof of how worthless our military leadership is, then hop on over to the thread about repeating the 7.62 mistake all over again.
>>
>>34768556
But anon, college is basically a human right and everyone should get it!
>>
>why is X a blanket statement and why is Y a blanket statement?
I'm sure this thread will make some great discussion
>>
>>34768556
Every tenured E-6 and E-7+ I know has a masters...hell something like 25% of my BMT class has a bachelors.
>>
>>34770127
Fact: the military was better when it was more of a cowboy organization good ol' boy club full of white males
>>
>>34765413
>why are people trained specifically to be leaders such good leaders?
Beats me OP. I guess we'll never know.
>>
>>34768681
>looking to the Army for intelligence
Anon...
>>
>>34767379
It's worth noting that Henry Kissinger was an enlisted man in WW2. I believe he was an E-5 when he got out.
>>
>>34765413
Because enlisted get burned out by asshole officers making them do shitty details. Meanwhile, officers are trying to kiss ass of the higher ups to get promoted faster.

t. Officer who actually gives a shit about his joes.
>>
>>34770433
Kissinger was CI. CI and CID get enlisted pay but they have concealed ranks and are designated special agents. OSI only commissions agents because they killed warrants.
>>
>>34770046
Depends largely on what branch and what you want to do in the military, but it's a good life. A minimum 4-year stint as an officer pretty much sets you up for life in corporate America. You may not get wealthy; but you'll always have job prospects because Fortune 500 companies eat up officers like candy as management material. Just don't rape anyone and you're good to go.
>>
>>34768728
>There's actual weebs and other degenerates like this in the military
Kek
>>
>>34768681
not every one is an English native or bothers about grammar on Malayan crabs fishing forums
>>
>>34765413
Bump
>>
>>34770653
>A minimum 4-year stint as an officer pretty much sets you up for life in corporate America
>Fortune 500 companies eat up officers like candy as management material

mfw people actually believe this

babysitting idiotic man-children does not teach the soft skills that corporate america seeks
>>
>>34768743
So?
https://youtu.be/RrSS058pjWw
>>
>>34772073
Fucking TopKek. Is air force though could you get away with shit like this in other branches ?
>>
>>34772130
literally all of our N6 personal are weebs not afraid of showing their powerlevel in their offices. So yea other branches aren't better
>>
File: b90d08_5964007.jpg (125KB, 1200x734px)
b90d08_5964007.jpg
125KB, 1200x734px
>>34772130
Metastasis.
>>
>>34772274
Holy shit kek this actaully happens and those were infantry members too?
>>
>>34770092
>>34770653
Im thinking army or air force, whats the living situation on base like? Am I in the barracks or do officers live elsewhere? Id really like to have my own place or even share it with some others becuase im kind of over dorming. What are some questions I should have locked down the next time I talk to either recruiter? Im thinking either a 25v, MP/CID or paratrooper/ranger contract MOS
>>
File: enlisted male and his wife.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
enlisted male and his wife.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>34769872
Yeah, after they shack up with some fat bitch

You can move off if you are willing to ruin your fucking life as an E-3.
>>
>>34773524
is this the power of the dependapotomus?
>>
>>34772130
I remember seeing a Navy E-6 trying the explain the artistic merits of akira to an Airforce E-5 once.
>>
>>34773581
Was his explanation actually eloquent or was he repeating some Reddit video he saw?
>>
>>34773652
Mostly based around the quality of and sheer detail put into the animation, I wasn't paying to much attention. Just weird seeing it come from some middle aged dude.
>>
>>34773686
Those are the only ones who even mention Akira. Its too old for anyone else to care.
>>
>>34768690
>mfw i enlisted after getting a bachelors in chemistry
>>
>>34773940
Absolute retard
>>
>>34774155

Did the same in the Navy after getting a degree in biochemistry.

2013 was a bad, BAD time in the industry.

I figured if I didn't have a family or a career I may as well do the military thing I'd always fantasized about.

Now I work on nuclear reactors with 19 year olds.
>>
>>34765413
>I have opportunities at a civilian workplace because of my education. I understand leadership and have a good working relationships with my enlisted NCO's.

>I have VA Benefits...and a wife that I pay alimony to...and maybe a chance at getting a job in trades that two years in technical school could have gotten me.
>>
>>34774962
Why wouldn't you commission? More pay, more authority, better living, etc.
>>
>>34775010

Because quality assurance and technical expert on reactor protection systems.

Officers, at the point in their career where they have most direct impact on the day to day goings on, have virtually zero input to the wrench-on-bolt work being done.

Infantry say, "officers need infantry platoons, infantry platoons don't need officers."

I joined for the money and work experience, if I want to go officer to make a career and 20 year retirement worth it, I can.
>>
>>34775070
>if I want to go officer to make a career and 20 year retirement worth it, I can.
Doubt you'll qualify for OCS as I doubt you are one of the higher performing enlisted members in your unit
>>
>>34768820
Youre retarded WO's get BAH. Shit, I get BAH as an e4.
>>
>>34775210

I'll be sure to tell my CO to add that to his statement for recommendation.

An anonymous civilian who never met me once said "I doubt you are one of the higher performing enlisted members in your unit" after two posts on 4chan at noon on a Sunday.

Got me.
>>
What do you do as an officer anyway? Including pilots , grunts and POGs
>>
>>34775461

Approve work, sight unseen, routed-prepare-and-planned by an E5 and supervised and checked by an E6 and/or E7 so that an O3/O4 can tell an O5/O6 to also sign off on the work or plan sight unseen.

Then you get promoted to O7 so you can get paperwork from E5s not even on your coast and approve it sight unseen.
>>
>>34775515
t. E5

>>34775461
POG officer here. I check paperwork produced by NCOs and other junior officers, add more paperwork, let a staff officer check it who has it checked by a flag officer, who than adds more paperwork which causes me to produce even more paperwork.And then my private has to file all the shit.
Okay, E5 was basically right.
>>
>>34775070
>technical expert
>from the enlisted guy working off a flowchart written by the actual technical experts (i.e. the civilian engineers and officers with graduate degrees in nuclear engineering)
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.