[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bayonett identification

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Hello friends.
Got my hands on a type 1 AKM bayonett and I'd like some help identifying the blade and scabbard.
The belt loop and safety strap are obviously the Hungarian two-piece design.
More pictures on the way.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
The only marking on the scabbard is the number 751 written on the wire cutter part with electric pencil.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
The hilt has what looks like an arrow tip and a cresent moon on one side.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
And the number 1751 on the other side.
Any bayonett experts here today who can help me out?
>>
Leaning pretty hard towards Hungarian at the moment but I'd like to confirm my suspicions.
>>
Unfortuately its very hard to tell. The crescent moon shape appears to be a stud to hold the crossgaurd in place and as for the arrow tip... It could be russian, as the one of the plants used a triangle with an arrow down the center, so it could be that. but also the yuygoslavs used the same style of symbol so it could definately be eastern bloc.I would put money down on russian, hungarian or romanian to be honest. Im not an AKM expert though so take it for what its worth
>>
File: 1501933411411.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1501933411411.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34763866
>The crescent moon shape appears to be a stud to hold the crossgaurd in place
wat. I'm guessing this is what he was referring to.
>Im not an AKM expert though so take it for what its worth
Clearly.
>>
>>34763779
Thanks for the input.
The placement of the Izhevsk triangle confuses me since it's usually on the inside of the guide lug.
No images online have numbers on the wire cutter and the numbers on the hilt are usually larger and "sloppier".
A lot of components points to Hungary but there's no commercial importers mark. That might be because I'm in Europe.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.