[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War Art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170805_052026719.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_052026719.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
I picked up this Yugoslavian m-72 rpk kit from arms of America.
This is the only Mark anywhere on the furniture anyone have an idea of what it might mean?

I assume it's probably initials but I don't know.

>Also General War art thread.
>>
File: 1501735276140m.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501735276140m.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>
>>34763427
Ђп = đp
The "donkey puncher" had your handguards bro.

But seriously, you're probably correct.
The first letter is a "D with a stroke" used in Serbian Cyrillic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_with_stroke#South_Slavic_languages
>>
>>34763483
Much obliged good sir you've just named my RPK.
>>
>>34763523
lel.
Well so much for attempting to make an offer for that.
Enjoy your M72, and post it in /akg/ once it's completed.
>>
>>34763546
Will be Shure to do so.
>>
>>34763560
Out of curiosity who's building it?
Benn thinking about an M72 build, but I've been hesitant because of the lack of builders as of late.
Also, are you going to restore the tritium night sights (assuming it has them)?
>>
>>34763585
>Benn
And clearly the bourbon has affected my grammar.
>>
Cyrilic for Đ.P.
Probably someones initials.
The 'Đ' is pronounced like the 'G' in George, probably someone named Đorđe P. since George translates into Đorđe in most Balkan Slav languages (Đorđe, Đuro, Georgij, Jura).
>>
>>34763585
I happen to live in a very fortuitous part of the country for AK building and I have access to plenty of excellent gunsmiths.
One of which actually specializes in the construction of Kalashnikov family weapons.
I plan on using a Childers receiver however I must admit I am going to bastardize it slightly so that I can install a clubfoot stock.
I would like to install the tritium sights though I don't believe my particular model was initially outfit with them I have a Polish tantal as well that needs trinium but I don't see anywhere online where I can get the proper replacements

>>34763597
Thank you for your input, I appreciate the effort.
>>
>>34763585
Sorry I forgot to tell you the Builder
Done Wright Gun Works Crystal Lake Illinois.
>>
File: orig (1).jpg (104KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
orig (1).jpg
104KB, 1024x768px
>>34763672
>I would like to install the tritium sights though I don't believe my particular model was initially outfit with them I have a Polish tantal as well that needs tritium but I don't see anywhere online where I can get the proper replacements
Why don't you think your M72 was outfitted with them?
Got a pic of the FSB?
Not sure about the size of the Tantal tritium tubes, but I do know the Yugo.
Do your Tantal night sights look like this?

As far as where to get them I got mine from MixGlo out of Singapore.
>Yes they'll make it through customs, tritium has less detectable radiation than standard background.
This is the size you'll need for a Yugo
http://www.mixglo.com/store/p2/T1_1.5x6mm_Vials.html

>>34763678
>Done Wright Gun Works Crystal Lake Illinois
Are you in Illinois?
I'm downstate, I was unaware we had reputable builders (other than Krebs) instate.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.