[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autism and Weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1501795668577.jpg (1MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1501795668577.jpg
1MB, 2400x1600px
Should autists and downies be allowed to own firearms? Should they be allowed conditional ownership (licensing) if they can prove that their IQ and social aptitude are sufficiently high?
>>
File: 1477187829917.jpg (72KB, 553x746px) Image search: [Google]
1477187829917.jpg
72KB, 553x746px
>>34760916
you think a government should be saying whom can own what?
>>
>>34760942
Gun control isn't about gun ownership. It's about self defense rights. Do retards have full human value deserving of full rights of self defense? I honestly don't know. We used to keep them locked up in nut houses for a reason.
>>
>>34760970
I don't see why you are so hellbent on stripping away your own rights.
>>
>>34760970
it's a slippery slope. let's say you ban all mentally ill people from gun ownership? now how do you define mental illness? can alcoholics own guns in your dream society? alcoholism is an addiction and addiction is a mental illness, surely.

this is just the same as the NFA. it's a slippery slope. the NFA says "well no full-autos" and tomorrow it's "no 30 round mags." You say "well people with downs syndrome shouldn't be armed," but tomorrow it's "people with anger issues shouldn't be armed," and next it's "people with parking fines shouldn't be armed"
>>
>>34762735
Autism is pretty easy for a psychologist to diagnose and Down's syndrome can be diagnosed with a genetic test.

Note that I'm not talking about the "mentally ill." I'm talking about mentally defective/retarded people.
>>
>>34762769
yes and full-autos can be easily used in a crime. you're saying "only some" people can be selected for disarmament, I'm saying "only some" leads to "all."
>>
>>34762779
You share more genes with a chimpanzee than you do with a downie. It may not be proper to call them people.
>>
>>34762769
Our current gun control suite was designed to keep 'uppity negros' from forming militias and the like. If you think that you can just ban the mentally ill from owning guns and leave it at that then you probably wouldn't be able to own guns in your little utopia.
>>
>>34762812
>the mentally ill
Stop.
Read.
>>34762769
Proceed.
>>
>>34762818
"don't worry citizen, not ALL the mentally ill, just the ones I deem the most ill!"
fuck off bootlicker gungrabber
>>
>>34762824
Autism and Down's syndrome are not mental illnesses.
>>
>>34760916
>Should autists
Yes

>downies
Yes, but they should also be in sanitoriums where the point is mute.

>Should they be allowed conditional ownership (licensing) if they can prove that their IQ and social aptitude are sufficiently high?
No. No one should ever be allowed conditional ownership of anything.
Kill yourself you statist faggot.
>>
OP, you should know better than to suggest autists shouldn't own guns. /k/ is at least 50% autistic.

But yeah, there needs to be restrictions on who is allowed to own a gun. A retard could easily accidentally kill someone, hopefully themselves, but what if it's not? What if a downy shoots someone who actually contributes to society and isn't a complete waste of life? Libs wouldn't dare say anything that could possibly be discriminatory of a mentally disabled person. They would just use that as more reason to why guns should be outright banned for everybody.

I get the whole "Muh Freedoms!" and "Shall Not Be Infringed! REEEEE!", but we have to draw the line somewhere otherwise everyone will lose. It's not the mentally disabled are really people anyway.
>>
>>34762809
>[citation needed]
>>
Here's the thing, mentally ill cannot have guns, and downies are clearly mentally ill
>>
>>34762779
Mate you're moving goalposts so hard.
>>
>>34762834
Then what are they sunshine?
>>
>>34760916
Autism and downs syndrome should be requirements to own firearms (along with joining the military).
>>
>>34762962
Down's syndrome is a genetic disorder. Autism is a developmental disorder.
>>
>>34762963
Fuck no, if you think a woman can't do Shit in the military, imagine a downie
Inb4 friendly fire via grenade hugging
>>
>>34762967
So could we call them both mental impairing disorders? Or mental impairing ilnesses, or disease because they call fucking everything disease now.

Like too much beer? There's a disease for that
>>
>>34760916
Shall not be infringed, there's no more argument to be had here, either you accept these terms, or you get out of this country.

Sorry that the 2nd amendment wasn't written with your feefees considered.
>>
>>34762962
For autism and down syndrome I think disability is the more appropriate word instead of illness.

When I hear mental illness I think things like dementia, depression, alzheimers, and bipolar.
There is a pretty clear difference between those and autism and down syndrome, most notably that they weren't initially born as a retard.
>>
>>34760916
>Should autists and downies be allowed to own firearms
Yes. The discretion should be placed on the individuals or businesses selling said firearms. Same reasoning why you wouldn't sell a gun to a guy with scabbed knuckles and sagging pants. Not because he isn't allowed to own one, but because he looks shady and downright violent.
>>
File: oi bin that knife m8.jpg (92KB, 598x600px) Image search: [Google]
oi bin that knife m8.jpg
92KB, 598x600px
Have you guys ever thought of just how broad shit in the DSM-V is? Some libshit psychologist could take any one of us and point at one of the pages in the book with a broad enough symptoms list and say we're that. If someone is given free rein to walk around in the streets and handle their own possessions, then they are deserving of the right to be equipped to defend themselves and (depending on locale) others. It's pretty obvious when someone's a drooling retard and if they're not, then SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
>>
>>34762809
You are wrong... Downs is caused by having an extra copy of chromosome 21. They aren't missing any genetic material, though I suspect you are.
>>
File: 1501799438045.gif (4MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501799438045.gif
4MB, 400x400px
>>34760916
Consider the following: /k/ is full of autists.
>>
>>34762972
It's ok their collective tard strength can overwhelm hordes of foes.
>>
>>34763024
>Have you guys ever thought of just how broad shit in the DSM-V is? Some libshit psychologist could take any one of us and point at one of the pages in the book with a broad enough symptoms list and say we're that.
this. the soviet union was able to shove untold amounts of people into mental hospitals (and not nice ones either) for being "mentally ill". their only crime was disliking the soviet government.

never allow anyone that dislikes you to make judgements on your sanity. ever. you know what the average leftist thinks of the average republican.
>>
>>34760916
What's your obsession with that keyboard?
>>
>>34764076
Not my photo. I found it in one of the mental health checkup threads on /g/.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.