[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spoiled babies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Do you guys think that people are spoiled and just complain about everything?
I was in the muhreens, two deployments to talibanistan. Pretty familiar with trigger pulls on different weapon systems.

I recently bought an M&P Shield MA compliant. This means ten pound trigger pull minimum.

>pull the trigger expecting it being like trying to move a boulder, after reading hundreds of complaints from "trained" gun enthusiasts
>it's easier than my standard issue m4
>>
File: IMG_3882.jpg (16KB, 219x239px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3882.jpg
16KB, 219x239px
>>34755849
Also
>shield trigger pull is mushy; sucks they say
>Moe trigger pull is perfectly fine for anyone who actually shoots guns
>>
Its easier to criticize on the civilian side because we have the time and luxury to do so.
Theres also a difference between "usable" and "preferrable".
If you enjoy stock triggers, then great. More money saved for you
>>
>>34755849
M4a1 trigger pull is supposed to be anywhere between 5.5 and 8.5 lbs
>>
>>34755849
shouldnt you be crying somewhere about the VA waiting times you welfare queen
>>
>>34756226
Thank you for proving OPs point.
>>
Must suck never using a decent trigger with all those weapon systems.
>>
>>34756359
OP here. Well that the thing. Even if the triggers did suck, it doesn't impact effectiveness.

Not once did I hear anyone complain about the things civilians complain about in country. Not. Once.
>>
>>34756226
The VA waiting times do suck.
>>
>>34756376
Nasty girl here.

Complaints only come up during qual. Other than that no, I never hear people bitch about the weapons.
>>
In comparison to most common striker fired handguns of the 21st century, the Shield has a shitty trigger. Even in comparison to stock M&P 1.0 handguns, the trigger is heavy mush. Now, that has not stopped me from becoming proficient with the Shield, I can still hit with it out to about 35 yards, but it certainly is not my favorite. I prefer a milspec ar15 trigger to the shield trigger - it might be more heavier, but the ar15 trigger at least has very little takeup and a clean break.
>>
>>34755849
I'm pretty goddamn sure standard trigger systems for military M16/M4s are not 10 lbs you crayon eater
>>
>>34756700
>heavy mush
wtf does that even mean?
>>
>>34756757
Like stirring a jar of peanut butter.
>>
>>34756757
You've gotta be pretty new to firearms to not understand what he means. Mushy triggers you can't feel the break/reset properly, because it feels like you're pulling it with mashed potatoes behind it
>>
>>34756757
A good trigger should have little or no resistance when you take up the slack of the trigger. Then, it should hit a definite wall, where any additional movement sets off the gun. The trigger should break cleanly (you should be able to pull the trigger 99% of the way back and know exactly when you are about to set the gun off). The Shield's trigger has a heavy takeup, and it doesn't hit a "wall" before it goes off. You pretty much just keep squeezing this nasty trigger until it decides to fire. It's not unusable, but it does take some getting used to.

I don't care about the trigger pull weight, just how smooth it is. I can shoot most old double action revolvers better than I can a Shield, despite the revolver having about double the trigger pull weight
>>
>>34756376
Because you fobbits bitched about other stuff like the PX running out of Monster, or the chow hall not having enough Rip Its.
>>
Post any semi-automatic handguns you own, and in which order you prefer the triggers. I'll start:
Sig P226 > M&P 9mm > Springfield XD .40 > Shield 9mm
Admittedly, the M&P and the XD are very similar in my opinion, both of which are better than a stock Glock.
>>
>>34756798
That's one school of thought, which is usually held by people that shoot SA or striker fired only. Heavy double action triggers tend to be nicer when they don't have so much of a wall to hit, and have a steady resistance force after the take-up. In a sense, the shield trigger is designed to be like a double action trigger in shape, but not amplitude on the force/displacement curve.

>>34756638
Aren't qualifying weapons also heavily abused?
>>
>>34759055
This guy gets it. Exactly like you said, I described a nice SA or striker fired pistol trigger, which I focused on due to the Shield discussion. I really don't like the Shield trigger, and I really have to focus on the fundamentals when I shoot it. It's a wonderful weapon, and if I wasn't so worried about the Fuddlore of modifying your carry piece, I would get an Apex trigger for it.
>>
>>34755849
>I were a muhreen

Why are military enlisted opinions on firearms always shit?
>>
>>34756700
Agreed.
>>
>>34759573
Why are civvies so booty blasted?
>>
I never understood the hate for AR15 triggers. They have a very clean break even if they are a little mushy at times. I have a PSA Freedom AR and I'm perfectly happy with the trigger. Then again my first gun was a surplus FN Hi Power, so I'm pretty used to heavier triggers. I only hate triggers with lots of take up and creep like the stock Glock trigger (easily fixed with an NY1 spring and a 3.5 connector)
>>
>>34759055
>Aren't qualifying weapons also heavily abused?
You're supposed to qualify with your assigned weapon, not some random and separate weapon kept solely for qualifying.

Sometimes you get a ragged out, abused weapon issued to you to be yours for everything. Sometimes you don't. If you do, your unit sucks.

>>34756638
Was active. People bitched about the heavy, long, gritty triggers constantly, including in country, badly enough that our unit bought the SDM's the Geissele SSF.

Amazing how a simple trigger swap improved functional accuracy a ton.
>>
>>34759619
>clean break while mushy
Those are mutually exclusive opposites though and you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>34759651
>active duty
>got a nice trigger
>preferred it
We got a winner over here. See muhreen OP, no need to hate on people for preferring better equipment.
>>
>>34756800
There can never be enough rip its. Not op I only complained when they ran out of those triangular slushie things. I forget the name. War is hell
>>
>>34756867
Yes finally some one agrees about the xd vs block trigger. I own 3 glocks (19,26,20) and an xdm 45 the trigger on the xdm is heavenly compared to the glocks
>>
>>34755849

Wow Marines really are pretty low tier on weapons knowledge.

Most Marines I know have very very little experience outside of M16s lol
>>
File: sw9ve.jpg (51KB, 450x327px) Image search: [Google]
sw9ve.jpg
51KB, 450x327px
>>34755849
first gun, period was an SW9VE (Christmas present from GF).

thought that's how all triggers are supposed to be (had no gunfriends, dindu any research, just started shooting away).

Did some reading, found out that Sigma's trigger is garbage compared to...

Watched some youtubes, pulled pigtail spring, buffed some internals, then finally, finally, Apex came through

Will never run like my Tanfoglio match, but now has about an 8lb trigger, smooth with a much better reset feel. Also, after 15k rounds is still as reliable as a brick to the skull.
>>
>>34759800
The trigger was like playdoh but I like sigmas
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.