[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gripen for India?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 18

File: gripenindia.jpg (122KB, 800x507px) Image search: [Google]
gripenindia.jpg
122KB, 800x507px
The US just denied India from having critical F-16V technology, including the radar, IRST and targeting pod.

It was alredy clear that Lockheed Martins production of the F-16 was not to be moved to India, but is this the final nail in the coffin?

It only leavs the Gripen E, as technology transfer is said to be a critical part of the deal.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/20116/US_#.WYSK5oSLT4U
>>
>>34754202
i hope they don't get Gripens either
>>
>>34754277
They were the only two contenders, so I guess its that or they remake the process (wouldnt be the first time for them)
>>
>>34754202
As a gripen fan, id like SAAB to sell aircraft.

However, i fucking hate poo-in-loos.
>>
>>34754312
This is the exact same reason i don't want them to have Gripens. Don't they have Sukhois anyways?
>>
>>34754332
They have MiG-29s, Su-30MKIs, MiG-21s, MiG-27s, Mirage 2000s, Tjeas, Specat Jaguars, Rafales and whatnot...

Their entire armed forces is a comple logistical clusterfuck of a nightmare
>>
>>34754372
thats because their entire country is corrupt, and they are completely beholden to bribes
>>
File: indianrocks.png (13KB, 319x263px) Image search: [Google]
indianrocks.png
13KB, 319x263px
>>34754202
US will block the sale with ITAR or whatever shenanigans
>>
>>34754372
What a gigantic clusterfuck indeed
>>
>>34754500

And thats just their Air Force.

The army is just tragic, it needs no further study than that the standard infantry rifle is the INSAS, and the navy is a complete meme too considering their expensive joke of a carrier, that was converted from an old soviet helicopter cruiser. Hell its even better than the Kuzetsnov at launching MiG-29s into the ocean.
>>
File: insas.jpg (649KB, 1214x910px)
insas.jpg
649KB, 1214x910px
>>34754533
INSAS master race desu
>>
>>34754556
Every square meter in India really is covered in shit isn't it?
>>
>>34754372

MiG-21's need replacement really soon. MiG-27's, Mirage 2000's, Jaguars and older MiG-29's aren't getting any younger as well and Rafale deal failed in originally planned scope due to reasons and Tejas is more or less stuck in development hell. They wouldn't be looking for alternatives if there weren't need. There is a reason why they recently bought some more Jaguars, refurbished and spares hulks from French. If F-16 is out that leaves Gripen and SuperHornet into competition, if F-16 can't get tech transfer permits... F/A-18E/F is probably fucked as well.

Bigger deal for Rafale fell trough because India demanded fixed price and that Dassault would assume full responsibility for Indian license production, even if the Indian partner Hindustan Aeronautics Limited would fuck up everything.
>>
>>34754674
The F/A-18E/F wasnt in this competition I think as it was to replace the MiG-21, they wanted a single engined jet for some reson
>>
>>34754701

Saab, Lockheed-Martin and Boeing made unsolicited bids for India after Rafale-deal turned into clusterfuck.
>>
>>34754556
>every picture of the INSAS ever taken is a spot-the-poo game
Never fails.
>>
>>34754372
do they think they can have any plane like in Ace Combat strangereal nations?
>>
>>34754751
Yes, for they are India.

It's funny that China can reverse engineer things in ~10 years. Yet India, which has had far more examples from around the world to work with, absolutely shits the bed in design and manufacturing.
Arjun, 30+ years of development and it's bad enough that they just keep buying T-90's.
And don't even look at Tejas.
>>
File: 1501227427534.png (130KB, 514x584px)
1501227427534.png
130KB, 514x584px
>>34754202
While I love that Gripen get sales and thus increasing the chance for future SAAB projects, I admit it will be a sad thing to see the Gripen getting an abysmal K/D ratio when the incompetent feces species invariably fucks up and gets slapped the fuck down by chinks and/or pakis.
>>
>>34754202
Even if India had gotten all the tech, how would Trump and the US public like that Lockheed took jobs promised to South Carolina and placed them in India instead?

http://www.defenseone.com/business/2017/03/lockheed-move-f-16-production-line-south-carolina/136365/

Does this mean that the South Carolina production line is safe now?
>>
>>34754813
To be honest, F-16 is flown by some real retards to, and it doesnt have a bad reputation
>>
I still find it funny that companies would agree to small unit buys with tech transfer.

If SAAB does it, it has to know Russia and China will full access to the tech for some moderate fee.
>>
>>34754751

They have pretty big air force and they try keep diversified supply so they aren't reliant on single foreign supplier, add few decades and couple generations of planes purchased usually in relatively small deals it turns out to be a mess.

MiG-27 is ground attack plane.
Sepecat Jaguar is quite similar attack plane from western supplier, with better PGM capability.
MiG-21 is old cheap interceptor.
MiG-29 is general purpose fighter, with mostly air to air missions.
Mirage 2000 is multi-role fighter that they mostly use for strike missions.
Su-30 is bit newer high end multi-role fighter.
Tejas is supposed to replace MiG-21, project was originally started decades ago, but didn't really pick up pace until 2000's and delays are starting to pile up.

Last time they had actual habbenings with Pakistan. MiG-29's were used to cover mostly Mirages that actually did most of airstrikes. MiG-27's and MiG-21's were also used.

I don't even want to touch their helicopter fleet. That is another similar mess, but air force isn't their biggest mess. That would be the army. Arjun with all controversy that comes with it isn't the biggest mess of Indian Army. That would be their artillery. Bofors-scandal in 80's basically killed their artillery procurement. There were bribes and shit, they got brilliant howitzers... less than half what they needed and since then they have ordered bunch of US M777's as stop gap, in amounts that don't really match attrition their old Soviet supplied stuff needs. Naturally India has their own howitzer on development and being fielded in tiny numbers and years behind schedule.
>>
>>34755097
>India
>Sharing shit with china
>ever

But Russia is a possibility. Then again, the Gripen is in Brazil, South Africa and Hungary, and all of them have some form of defence techcooperation with Russia too.
>>
>>34755130
India has infact developed a newer verision of the FH 77 Bofors howitzer, and consider producing that one because besides all the bribes and bullshit, the actual howitzer is really good.
>>
>>34755097
>I still find it funny that companies would agree to small unit buys with tech transfer.

For Saab it is matter of staying in business as domestic orders aren't big enough to keep company alive or to justify R&D expenditure.

>>34755140

Hungary is in NATO. They aren't having military cooperation with Russia outside of maintaining Cold War leftovers still in service.

>>34755164

The thing with Indian FH77 development is that they have half dozen pre-production units in field testing, serial production should be starting about now. Field testing was supposed to start few years ago. There is a reason why they ordered about 150 M777's few years ago. Danush, even if it is simpler and lot less complicated system than Tejas, it is in bit of a development hell. I will be positively surprised if they actually can reach 60 guns per year production by 2020 according to plan.
>>
File: AT5UPrY.jpg (123KB, 695x704px)
AT5UPrY.jpg
123KB, 695x704px
Brown people don't belong in the skies.

This is a simple fact.
>>
>>34755140

>thinking the poos would say no to $10B just to have a peak at the blueprints and service manuals...

With the damn near tribal mentality in some of their branches? It is 100% guarantied the data would leak out.
>>
>>34754202
Gripen E is supposed to use the GE F414 engine which requires US consent.

How the fuck is Pakistan so much better than India in management of resources?
>>
>>34755785
Engine might be okay, it's not as sensitive as shit like the radar.
>>
>>34755164
The fh77 is more than "actually good", I'd say it's about as good as the whole towed artillery concept goes. Besides being heavy and spare parts running out, I doubt they have a real reason for replacing them other than kickstarting their own industry.

As far as I know, they're having trouble with making barrels that are good enough with the danoush.
>>
>>34756014

Aside from bit longer barrels that became feasible in 90's and early 2000's FH-77 is as good as towed artillery gets. In those 20 years metallurgy has moved from 155mm L/39 to 155mm L/52.
>>
>>34755785
>How the fuck is Pakistan so much better than India in management of resources?

Pfft, just. Just better. They have less stuff to manage. Pakistan is just as messed up as India, only because there is less of them and India has a bit more money to goof up with.

That whole part of the world is just one giant bun fight.
>>
File: 292617.jpg (62KB, 340x240px)
292617.jpg
62KB, 340x240px
>>34756131
>That whole part of the world is just one giant bun fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdyC1BrQd6g
>>
>>34755785
India is already buying GE F414 engine for their clusterfuck called HAL Tejas
>>
>>34756131
Its not just money. Pakis are reducing to just 2 types, F-16 and JF-17 and at best they might add some J-31 in the future. It seems like a clear cut plan, large number of cheep JF-17, some nice F-16 and top few top J-31. The Indians on the other hand have bought Su-30 and Rafale, with 250 Su-30 and just 36 Rafale, they added another country into a supply chain, a country that can't work with closes allays, for one squadrons. Than they have Mig-29, Tejas and are looking for F-16 or Gripen, with all three aircraft having the same role. So in the medium future they will have 5 types of modern multi role aircraft, with CAS aircraft being fucking Jaguar and with large number of Mirage 2000 as well and without stealth aircraft. The whole thing looks like a cluster fuck. I will never understand how the fuck did Pakistanis get the JF-17 operational before Indians got their Tejas.
>>
>>34754299
remember, they can always attach flamethrowers to their flying carpets
>>
>>34754202
The ONLY reason the Gripen sold to Brazil and might sell outside of Europe is because Saab is the only one stupid enough to do full technology transfers.
>>
Gripen E has a F414, but there is options with other engines. Won't be a problem though US/Trump will loose business if trying to stop it. Gripens AESA radar is not from US (Raven/Leonardo) and there is options for India develop a Swedish design. Saab will offer a copy agreement of the Brazilian one. Note they have established a production plant already, and train personel to start production 2019. Brazil will indogeniously develop the twoseater.
Since Gripen E was developed alongside this process, I guess establishing an Indian plant will go quicker. Then, feel free to develop a Sea Gripen. Saab could then help India develop Tejas 2.
... or choose F16 and find yourself within 10 years with an obsolete aircraft on a market full of used older ones (3000) available for the second line users who now are interested in those. And a US trying their best to market F35 to your market.
>>
>>34755785
They're planing on upgrading the Tejas from the 404 to the 414 so that shouldn't be a proglem.

If the Indians where smart they'd sell off or scrap almost their entire inventory buy 300 Gripens and 300 FA-50s to serve as lead in trainers/light attack and massively simplify their maintenance process
>>
>>34758590
>stupid
It is a matter of survival for SAAB and it's not like Sweden ever plan on go stirring trouble in South America or India in any case.
>>
>>34754202
who the fuck cares
>>
>>34763105
Sweden does for one, if they actually secure a 100 plane order it would be the biggest arms sale since the 30 year war, or so they say.
India would probably care as well.
Also the F-16 fanboy who only a week ago swore up and down that the Tata contract meant the F-16 had the deal in a bag and that Trump was hunky-dory with american jobs ending up in pooistan.
>>
>>34754312
I second this
>>
>>34755130
Pretty sure that the Tejas was such a disaster that said something like "yeah, it was a good testing platform" and dropped it.
>>
File: 1268336093257.jpg (10KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1268336093257.jpg
10KB, 320x213px
>>34754748
>>34754556
>there is actually poo

On a hopefully unrelated note, would that magazine fit in a .223 vepr?
>>
>>34763216
I looked it up myself, modified from an AUG magazine so no.
>>
>>34763105
You, obviously.
>>
>>34763201
>Tejas
Nope, they still claim it is totes a real and good fighter, better than Gripen E and much cheaper.
defenceupdate.in/gripen-e-or-lca-tejas-mk-2-which-single-engine-jet-is-best-for-replacing-mig-21/amp/
>>
>>34763599
>defenceupdate.in/gripen-e-or-lca-tejas-mk-2-which-single-engine-jet-is-best-for-replacing-mig-21/amp/
Well, that was a novel approach to the English language.
>>
>>34763229
>modified from an AUG magazine

That's a bit random.
>>
>>34763201
Indian Navy has already rejected Tejas Mk1 as overweight and underpowered, they may order mk2 once it actually become available. Indian air force will order Mk1 and Mk1A, they have invested too much money and prestige in program to cancel it. Tejas program is something India needs to develop its aviation industry, they were just slightly too optimistic what they can do. Especially with Kaveri engine that was supposed to power Tejas.

>>34763599
>TEJAS is just USD 24 million.
Meanwhile in real world outside of Indian internet users delusions...
>₹602.71 crore (US$94 million) for Mark IA
>>
File: QLZ87.png (245KB, 305x489px) Image search: [Google]
QLZ87.png
245KB, 305x489px
>>34763138
>if they actually secure a 100 plane order it would be the biggest arms sale since the 30 year war

Yeah, good fucking luck. I don't blame the US for not wanting to sell the planes, because procurement in India is a fucking nightmare. I swear they haven't completed a single arms deal with a foreign nation without reneging on at least one major point of the deal AFTER agreeing/signing contracts and shit.

Good fucking luck selling India any monster package of aircraft. I guarantee they "cancel" it at least one time either due to incompetence, disorganization, or sheer jewery. Which is probably part of the reason they have such a rag tag fleet of fighters and strike craft.
>>
>>34754202
how about toilets for india?
>>
>>34764046
Never gonna happen.
>>
>>34754674
>India demanded
No western nation will ever actually complete a contract with the poos because of their absurd requirements for technology transfer and risk assumption.

They won't buy Chinese because of political reasons (the Chinese just codeveloped a fighter with Pakistan), so they'll eventually come crawling back to Russia when every western aircraft company tells India to fuck off over their fucked up contractual obligation creep.
>>
>>34764046
why? superpooer by 2020
>>
>>34754202
Can't we just give them F-16 tech? It's like 50 years old now.
>>
>>34764089
The airframe is old. The subsystems like the radar and targeting pod is state of the art.

Or did you not know about the concept of uppgrading things?
>>
>>34764089
The block 70 variant which is the one India wants has an AN/APG-83 rader along with the F110-GE-132 engine is tech that Russia and China would spend billions getting their hands on.
>>
>>34754751
>>34755130
a very big thing to understand is india operate's their airforce as a unified entity when it comes to strategic missions, but otherwise look at how their aircraft are based, etc. Its in cells. India does not have one big airforce, it has many, many, small airforces, each with their own logistics and capabilities.
>>
>>34764089
They aren't trying to buy As, they want good ones.
>>
>>34764133
Thats still stupid
>>
>>34764118
see below
>>34764089
our allies that are not australia, england, etc....tend to have a history of being irresponsible with technology samples. Looking at you israel. looking at you.
>>
>>34764133
>many, many, small airforces, each with their own nightmarish logistics and limited capabilities.
Ftfy
>>
>>34764071
Russia are the only people broke/desperate enough to give in to the Indians tech transfer standards, so they'll come crawling back to the Russians. But the perfidious vatnik will try to rip them off at every turn, so they'll come crawling back to the west GOTO 10
>>
File: fc1_5.jpg (41KB, 1024x768px)
fc1_5.jpg
41KB, 1024x768px
>>34756545
>I will never understand how the fuck did Pakistanis get the JF-17 operational before Indians got their Tejas.

Because the Chinese did all the actual R&D, pre-production, and testing. Pakistan just funded the project and is now basically assembling JF-17s from kits,tools and facilities developed by Chengdu in China.
>>
>>34764252
SAAB are and apart from the 414 engine which india has already purchased for the Tejas the techs Euro.
>>
Somebody explain me that how does the streetshitter air force works with a dozen different planes? Is their pilots and ground crews competent? What about the navy and army? How many planes are.combat ready at any time?
>>
>>34764297
I can tell you about their navy. Or at least about their flagship, and I doubht their other branches ar much better

http://www.paluba.info/smf/index.php?topic=17897.0&wap2
>>
>>34754202
India wont be buying Gripen.

Tejas production facilities are coming up and 4 serial ptoduction united have already been delivered. 16/year production is happening by 2019.

Gripen E wont be ready until 2023. Black 70 F-16 is noy very good at high altitude and already failed most of the trials that Rafale passed.

Expect some more Su-30, Rafales, and Trjad to be ordered. There is nothing else on this the horizon. US already tried its best, but failed.
>>
Why doesn't Tesla make up some scam privately financed fighter jet project to rip off India?
>>
India can has everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0tU4seVvOE
>>
>>34764337
Tesla is too busy scamming Americans and their government.

In certain areas they are much stupidier and easier to scam.
>>
>>34764325

Then why did they throw out an RFI and wanted Lockheed and Saab to come over and test their jets, all at their own expenses?

Just accept that the Tejas is crap and they need something that actually works.

And the first Gripen Es are going into Swedish Air Force service in 2019
>>
>>34764337
Wat?
>>
>>34764349
What RFI?

There hasnt been any in years for a single-engine fighter. Just unofficial ((((interest)))).

LM just hoped they could snag the deal through political clout. The Obama admin was heading down that route. However, the Trump admin isn't really that capable of deal-making (le wall) and alreay flunked it.
>>
india best stuff against chinese micropenis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHERHyeFY80
>>
>>34764344
Of you dont like Tesla you are a gypsy nigger arab terrorist
>>
>>34764355
>In October 2016, it was reported that Saab, among other manufacturers, had been sent an informal request-for-information query, resuming a new competition for a single-engine fighter to replace the Indian Air Force's Soviet-built MiG-21 and MiG-27 aircraft.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/iaf-kicks-off-contest-to-make-single-engine-fighters-116100800638_1.html
>>
File: 4558003.jpg (305KB, 1529x849px)
4558003.jpg
305KB, 1529x849px
what are this poles for?
>>
>>34764386
>had been reported
>informal RFI

Exactly as I said. Just reports of ((((interest)))). There has NO RFI issued as of today. Just hearsay reports based on rumors, There a moutain of those on the F-35. People love to gossip.

Meanwhile, Tejas production units have been delivered, with more coming.
>>
>>34764395
Well the sign says "CBRN RECCE VEHICLE" so Im assuming its to collect chemical/biological samples from the terrain or air
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 336x188px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 336x188px
watch the worlds best BOFORS-team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaK1jFg8JBE
>>
File: 8xvMYW4.jpg (129KB, 746x980px)
8xvMYW4.jpg
129KB, 746x980px
>>34764359

I don't know why you're turning this into a dick waving contest when you're going to lose
>>
>>34764402
So the Make in India project of buying 120 foregin jets is made up then?

Both companies have been there showing their aircraft, and I can guarantee you that India will not just trust that the Tejas can solve all the Air forces problems
>>
>>34764426
>Tfw no congolese bf
>>
File: 5.jpg (195KB, 1024x1001px)
5.jpg
195KB, 1024x1001px
>>34764426
murrica 5.1.. fakenews
>>
>>34764431
As you yourself demonstrated, there was never an official RFI, nor any intent.

Rafale is going to be the Make in India Fighter:

http://m.economictimes.com/news/defence/dassault-reliance-joint-venture-to-build-supply-combat-aircraft-on-worldwide-basis/articleshow/56135068.cms

More Tejas and Su-30s will be on the way as well. The path forward is very clear, to anyone in the know.
>>
>>34764426
No wonder Kim is pissed all the time
>>
>>34764533
Seems to me very confusing why they would want us to send jets over half the globe if they dont have any interest in them at all and has allredy made up your mind
>>
>>34764548
It was the US side that was pushing for the F-16, and insisted that with some engineering changes they could get the high-altitude performance to pass the trials that the Rafale could.

India already has access to F-16s, the Singapore Air Force stations almost their entire fleet in India, including their F-16 Block 52s. So they are well aware of its capabilities and shortcomings.

IAF is on a path to standardization right now with Tejas as a point-defense/interceptor, Rafale as multi-role, and Su-30s as air superiority.

Naval aviation presents an opportunity for the US, but it will be an uphill battle of F-18 against Rafale-M. Trump admin will again, screw this up.
>>
>>34764325
>Rafales
Nope, they tried that already and the amount of bullshit that got generated in that fiasco rivaled the amount of human shit on Indian streets.
Rafale got to sell a token 36 fighters and they should be happy they got out with that.

>Su-30
Not at all what they are looking for. The Su-30 is a huge beast, literally twice the size of Gripen and the MiG-21s they want to replace.

>Tejas
Not likely, India has spent thirty years and countless of billions and got what amounts to an armed jet trainer.
They simply don't have the skill and know-how to make something on the level of Gripen E or F-16 blk70.
>>
>>34764618
I not talking about the F-16, I talk about the two Gripens flown to India last month
>>
>>34764621
India originally only bough 24 Su-30s back in the 90s, now they are fielding +230 of them.

Rafale is following an identical path, and a JV has already been setup: >>34764533

Su-30s are going to be in production until 2024, with newer production replacing older units. It will be superseded by FGFA, which should be ready 7 years from now.

Tejas already is in production. 4 serial production units, and plan for 8 then 16 units a year. It is too late to stop it now. The Israeli Elta 2052 AESA radar is already being tested on it, and there will be an improved Tejas with IFR, AESA, and Derby BVR coming soon. Airforce has already given initial orders of 83, with more to follow.

>https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/new-delhi-signs-off-on-83-tejas-fighters-431301/
>>
>>34764649
>Gripen

No point in even entertaining this notion. I naturally assumed you were referring to serious competitors. Saab makes very little key components of Gripen, and they won't be able to offer any ToT. US won't provide any localized production for the engine if their own aircraft are not selected, and they can fuck over Saab at any time with the myriad of US components in their plane. Furthermore, the timeline is just too delayed.

Saab is just desperate. They are aware that the Gripen E will probably be the very last fighter jet they are ever going to make.
>>
>>34764738
Now you are just talking out of your ass.

First off the Tejas is going to use the same engine as the Gripen E so if they will nowt allow production of the F414 your lovebird is also in serious trouble, and I doubht the US would stop the deal even if they could, as that would seriously damage the relation between Sweden and the US.

I agree that key components, like the engine and radar is not produced by Saab, but this shouldnt be an issue as they have allredy been cleared to do a full ToT.

And the Gripen E isnt in anyway delyed, everything goes as planed, so I really dont know what you are talking about here...

Im not saying Saab isnt trying to push its jets on anyone even remotly interested, but they would not go as far as actually sending aircraft all over the planet if they know they are out. They have never done anything similar to that before
>>
>>34764680
Again
>Su-30
Has nothing to do with the deal, not the same class of fighters, not intended to fill the same role

>Rafale
The MMRCA got cancelled, only 36 planes are coming.
There might be more for carrier use but latest word wad that they would look into that after the LCA deal is finished.

https://www.livefistdefence.com/2015/04/its-final-mmrca-dead-rafales-coming.html

The fact that India actually invited SAAB and Lockheed to display and trial their planes and that the Tejas Mk.I A is not even remotely as capable as either competitor shows that there is more than just words behind the talk.
Or do you suggest that India just invited SAAB and Lockheed for some smelly tea so they could look at the pretty planes they brought?

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/iaf-to-trial-american-f-16-swedish-gripen/1/976479.html
>>
>>34764738
>US won't provide any localized production for the engine if their own aircraft are not selected, and they can fuck over Saab at any time with the myriad of US components in their plane
The engine is already cleared for export and it was the US themselves that denied the F-16 to India by placing the F-16 line in South Carolina and denying export of radar and EW equipment.
None of the restricted equipment is present in Gripen, so unless the US want to fuck the deal just to spite SAAB there is nothing that prevent India from getting a full ToT.
>>
>>34764547
I dunno. But I guess he has his own "female special battalion"
>>
File: INS Betwa.jpg (36KB, 640x480px)
INS Betwa.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>34764252
>Russia are the only people broke/desperate enough to give in to the Indians tech transfer standards, so they'll come crawling back to the Russians. But the perfidious vatnik will try to rip them off at every turn, so they'll come crawling back to the west GOTO 10

India is one of the very few countries Russia gives tech transfer of any kind, their orders are massive enough to justify it. Most clients of Russia are unable to do any major overhauls of their aircraft. Russians gave major tech transfers to China in 90's and early 2000's because it was matter of survival for their aircraft industry.

>>34764297
>What about the navy and army?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_Naval_accidents

>>34764680
>Rafale is following an identical path, and a JV has already been setup:

Nope. Originally India was supposed to get 126 Rafales, with 108 produced by HAL under license. In the end IAF ordered 36 Rafales with option for another 18. Indian Navy is evaluating Rafale M, it could potentially lead to sale of about 50 aircraft. Facility they are building in India is for maintaining IAF Rafales and funniest thing about it is their choice of Indian partner, Reliance group, aviation industry is new business for them. They are best known for telecommunications, entertainment, financial services and energy sector.
>>
>>34765045
while US is willing to export F414 engine, I doubt that US is going to give allow for ToT for the engine. And without it India will have the same production capacities for their Gripen as Turkey has for their F-16.
>>
>>34765249
Is it specifically for India then? Because Brazil doesnt seem to be an issue...
>>
>>34765249
You can sell an engine without the tech transfer. Case in point, look at the Irani attempts of building a reverse engineered copy of the J85.

Building a reliable jet engine is extremely difficult.
>>
>>34765249

US has already transferred F414 tech to India for use on HAL Tejas, they are using it as interim engine until domestic Kaveri engine is ready... hopefully in 2025. As part of Rafale-deals offset SCNEMA is trying to unfuck that dumpster fire, but they probably can't unfuck it.
>>
File: 17993910011.png (193KB, 327x316px)
17993910011.png
193KB, 327x316px
>>34765346
>SUPERENGINE BY 2025
>>
>>34764738
>Saab is just desperate

On the contrary. They're very healthy economically, have a nice order book as well as prototype projects up the ass. They're also the only aircraft manufacturer in the business that's shown itself capable of increasing production capacity while also reducing cost at the same time.

Which, for instance, is why SAABs stock is consistently outperforming LM stock.
>>
>>34764376
>liking a company run by a man who uses government funds to prop up his venture capitalist endeavors

Really cool that he can use SpaceX money paid by the government for future spacecraft launches to lend to tesla for the purchase of Solarcity, of which he is the major owner. You seriously can't make this shit up.

Even if musk manages to sell 500 000 cars and justifies his 350 usd share price, it will be the US taxpayer that has taken all the risk, and it won't get anything in return.

But hey, just teach yourself that the dark is just an absence of photons so that you won't have to be afraid of the dark. Spastic.
>>
>>34764618
>Trump admin will again, screw this up

> deny technology transfer to unaligned nation
or
> screw it up
Pick one.
>>
File: poop.jpg (66KB, 800x791px)
poop.jpg
66KB, 800x791px
>>34765385

Kaveri makes pretty much any other Indian program look like realistic and well planned.

>In 1986, the Indian Defence Ministry's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) was authorized to launch a programme to develop an indigenous powerplant for the Light Combat Aircraft.
>For the LCA programme, the GTRE would again take up a turbofan design which it designated the GTX-35VS "Kaveri" (named after the Kaveri River). Full-scale development was authorized in April 1989 in what was then expected to be a 93-month programme projected to cost ₹3.82 billion (US$59.3 million). A new engine typically costs up to $2 billion to develop, according to engine industry executives.
>In 2002, little information had been publicly released concerning the nature of the Kaveri's technical challenges, but it was known that the Kaveri had a tendency to "throw" turbine blades, which required securing blades from SNECMA (as well as digital engine control systems).
>Continuing development snags with the Kaveri resulted in the 2003 decision to procure the uprated F404-GE-IN20 engine for the eight pre-production Limited Series Production (LSP) aircraft and two naval prototypes.
>In July 2010, according to Vinayak Shetty, Tejas aircraft will be Integrated with Kaveri engine and will be flying on board a Tejas airframe by early 2011 or some time later in the year.
>On 20 November 2016, DRDO Director General for Aeronautics Cluster C P Ramanarayanan confirmed that DRDO and French Snecma have tied up to revive Kaveri Engine as part of the offsets deal for 36 Rafale jet. It is expected that the engine would be integrated and tested in LCA Tejas by 2018.
>An upgraded Mark-2 aircraft of Tejas is being designed for a more heavier GE-414 engine by 2025, and the DRDO hopes that the upgraded Kaveri would qualify for the plane by then.
>>
>>34765929
Holy shit, that was a good laugh
>>
>>34764426
>sweden 5.9"
Nani?
>>
File: JS42771404.jpg (306KB, 1840x1227px)
JS42771404.jpg
306KB, 1840x1227px
>>34764547

Kim is too enlightened to be pissed.
>>
I can buy good quality and cheap as fuck stuff from chine but the only thing i could get from india is spammers and scammers

Nuke India now
>>
>>34754202
POO
IN
DA
LOO

D E S I G N A T E D
S H I T T I N G
S T R E E T S
>>
>>34765346
Does anyone know what the specific problems with the HAl Tejas are? I would think that with an American engine all they'd really need to design is the air frame. Throw an off the shelf radar in it and arm it with heaters and I'd be the equal or better than their existing MiG21 fleet.
>>
>>34768139
good question, i'd imagine it involves at least some form of corruption and blame-shifting
>>
>>34754813
>feces species

omfg MY SIDES HAVE ATTAINED ESCAPE VELOCITY!
Nice anon.
>>
>>34754202
>everyone is afraid Indians will crashland their technology into Chinese hands

top kek
>>
>>34764426
>selfreported and estimated values
>niggers cant even guess their own age correctly
>(((psychology research))) sponsored by jewish penis enlargement vendors
>>
>>34754202
The F-16 full production-in-india deal was never going to happen because Indians have the worst information control on Earth. Everything sold to India is sold onto the black market within a year
>>
>>34754813
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH
>>
>>34754813
implying the swedish crap had any battle experience ever

btw iirc indian air force did well vs pakis before
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.