[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Combat in the rain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: f408236af08f1f8ea7c91f624f4ef9e5.jpg (497KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f408236af08f1f8ea7c91f624f4ef9e5.jpg
497KB, 1600x1200px
So /k/ how do you deal with fighting, combatin' and operating in the rain or any rainy and gloomy weather for that matter? Are there certain measures needed to be taken asides from heaving waterproof/durable clothing, and making sure your weapon is maintained for such wetness, and making sure you also see well during such a combat scenario?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE3_zb2u7fE
>>
File: Falklands moustache.jpg (21KB, 315x368px) Image search: [Google]
Falklands moustache.jpg
21KB, 315x368px
>>34753004
Just fucking deal with it by wearing waterproofs

T. Brit

We were up a welsh mountain on exercise, we were in the clouds so couldn't see 10 feet in front of us, then it starts chucking down hailstones and then a fucking lightning storm starts.

that was fun.
>>
>>34753004
Humans are waterproof from the skin on you little bitch
>>
>>34753047
And what of the anus and other orifices?

I don't like to drown.
>>
File: 1465242609369.png (137KB, 387x328px) Image search: [Google]
1465242609369.png
137KB, 387x328px
>>34753056
>fall into mud
>rain is pouring like a motherfucker
>get up, didn't get any mud in my mouth
>my ass feels weird
>my pants weren't waterproof enough
>rainwater managed to get into my anus
>drown to death
>>
File: there are no coinceidences.jpg (149KB, 828x652px) Image search: [Google]
there are no coinceidences.jpg
149KB, 828x652px
>>34753070
wading a river while having diarrhoea is a death sentence

>>34753030
WTF capcha
>>
>>34753004
It's not fucking hard. Oil your fucking weapon properly, dry it off and oil it any chance you get to be out of the rain for a couple minutes, and don't let it fucking rust.

Wear wet weather gear if you have it, if you don't, just suck it the fuck up and change your socks. It's only water, it's not gonna hurt you, as miserable as being soaked can be.

I'm serious about the fucking socks though, trench foot is no fucking joke.
>>
>>34753101
>It's only water, it's not gonna hurt you
>trench foot is no fucking joke
WHICH IS IT ANON?!
>>
>>34753216
Alright, allow me to rephrase that: water won't hurt you unless you're a fucking idiot who can't take care of his feet.
>>
>>34753240
When I was an explorer scout on a trip to Switzerland in 2009. Two brothers in our group didn't change or shower once in two weeks. It absolutely cunted it down with rain, they were even in the best Nijer canvas tent whilst we had only shitty light tents since the leaders said "the girls need the bikers".

They both ended up with mild trench foot, the tent was covered in mould on the inside and them being incapable of walking properly.

It wasn't a pleasant smell either.

Theres a few funny stories about that family.
>>
>>34753004
Personally, unless it is a monsoon I don't really worry about even putting on a gortex or anything cause if you are running around in a flak you are going to get so sweaty under your water proofing layer that it is just like getting rained on. Water proofing your boots is probably the most important part, the rest of your body will dry (air out your crotch though). Depending on the weather I like to shed layers if it is rainy. I'm more miserable with a wet blouse than with out one.

Even with water proof boots though your shit will eventually get soaked. If I have the opportunity I bring spare jungle boots and wear those most of the time, because they air out with in a few hours in direct sun (take the insoles out and scrape the water that has soaked in to the leather on the top of the boot with a knife and it dries out twice as fast. Have a shit ton of thin socks on stand by).

Even so, after about a week or so my feet get fucked up, no matter what I do (powder will only get you so far), such is life on glorious Lejeune.
>>
>>34753523
I feel your pain, but at least now im at miramar in a relatively easy job.
To keep it related, don't let water get stuck in areas for long, but at least you'll get a shower. Just sucks to operate in. If your weapons were sandy or dirty, they're now full of mud/shit
>>
>>34753540
One of the best things I've used for that is just a regular water bottle with a hole punched in the top. Fill it with clean water and use it to blast out the sand and mud and reapply CLP and shit runs like a dream.
>>
>>34753004
Man up
>>
>>34753004
ARfags: Look after your gun first, your feet second, and the rest if you have time left over after the first two.
AKfags: Look after your feet first, your gun second, and the rest if you have time left over after the first two.
>>
I call mom and tell her bring down my comfy blanket and more tendies.
>>
>>34753004
Rain makes combat easier if you change your fucking socks and oil your weapon properly.

It deadens sound, obfuscates signs of your element's passing, and often reduces visibility. Rain is an infantryman's friend.
>>
>>34755581
>Rain makes combat easier if you change your fucking socks and oil your weapon properly.
Drill sergeant?
>>
>>34755631
he didnt say anything about taking a knee tho so, im skeptical.
>>
>>34753004
Wool is your friend, cotton is your enemy
>>
>Be inna Army
>At range
>Fucking torrential downpour
>Fire M16a2
>Jet of high-velocity rainwater shoots out from around charging handle and straight up nose.
>Drowns.
>>
>>34755631
>>34755646
Was da selected, by dec'd out of that shit so hard you could hear steam hissing out of my csm's neck veins.
>>
Goretex socks. You boots get fucked and you change your socks then put on forested socks, it won't matter that your boots feel like a soggy croissant. Ponchos are also handy. As for rain jackets, nick wax or other applicable water proofing products are pretty important to keep your jacket water proof. The issued Canadian rain jacket is basically a sponge. Most guys buy stealth suits
>>
>>34753004
>>34753004

Is that videogame song supposed to be a reference to something???
>>
>>34753004
1. Dont be a fucking mong, admin yourself properly and you wont get a rash from wearing wet boxers or trench foot from wearing minging wet socks 3 days in a row.
2. Wear your gore tex or whatever waterproofs you have.
3. If you dont have waterproofs, shit bust, but thats what wet & dry routine exists for. If you got your dry kit wet, you deserve to be wet, because you were a fucking lizard and didnt waterproof your kit.
4. Dont be a pussy, its only rain.
>>
File: AirsoftConfettiTiny.png (495KB, 438x474px) Image search: [Google]
AirsoftConfettiTiny.png
495KB, 438x474px
Literally airshit fucks can deal with rain, im sure people with legit gear can get over it. I ended up whipping out a confetti cannon when it was pouring rain at my airsoft field and had no problems despite playing through a waist deep stream
>>
File: 1492495475860.jpg (727KB, 1050x1139px) Image search: [Google]
1492495475860.jpg
727KB, 1050x1139px
>>34753523
>sweaty under your water proofing layer
>this

Non military here, but boyscout for years. We used to throw on my "breathable raingear" when it rained when backpacking. Made no difference, it was actually worse since the raingear was soaked on both sides from sweat underneath and rain form above. Bottom line is Rain Sucks and as >>34753101 says
>It's only water, it's not gonna hurt you
>>
>>34753004
>making sure your weapon is maintained for such wetness
You mean using an AK?
Nah that's about it, just head out with your AK and you're good to go.
>>34753101
>implying AKs need to be oiled
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.