[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just for fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: stalker.jpg (197KB, 1280x784px) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
197KB, 1280x784px
Assume you have a small fireteam, 4-6 guys who are mercenaries or skilled persons of some sort.
Design a bag you would you outfit them with for an absolute SHTF scenario.
I dont mean just a regular civilian-trying-to-get-away style bug out bag, although I'm sure some of it will be the same. But I mean give these operators everything they need down to a p51 can opener to survive indefinitely in a hostile shtf environment and remain combat effective.

>Assume water and food are available through foraging/hunting. no need for 40000 MREs
>only what they can carry on their persons and maybe 1 vehicle.
What do you think /k?
>>
>>34752792
Large ALICE packs
let them decide what they need.
>>
File: 6871957261382139.jpg (258KB, 891x632px) Image search: [Google]
6871957261382139.jpg
258KB, 891x632px
>tourist's delight x 40 tins
>exact same clothes as me
>copies of my id, with exact same wallets as me
>shaved heads, like mine
>>
>>34752792

Impossible to give them enough.

The thing about supply is that from the moment you carry it (whatever it may be) you start losing it. Sure you could classify gear into consumables vs. non-consumables but it still means that eventually you will run out of the basic shit you need (medical supplies, rations, toiletries, electronics, incidentals, to say nothing of ammunition which is just about the heaviest thing you'll carry alltogether). While some of this shit might seem superfluous; try going without it when you absolutely need it.
While there are certainly stories of people "surviving" for long periods by themselves, this rarely takes place in combat situations. Even for special forces, there's still a logistical chain and they get restocked on the shit their using.

That brings me to my next point. If your guys are busy foraging/hunting/surviving, then their not out kicking ass or taking names. Sure they can still cause trouble but, their effectiveness will be severely reduced because of the extra time spent not dying. In a SHTF scenario that involved potential combat, you could expend 2,000-3,000 calories. You'd have to forage constantly, trap animals, and hunt so much just to be able to keep up or function in a life/death situation. Rations can reduce this effect but you'll run out of that eventually.

In order to design the bag, you must design the mission to the letter; Area of Operations, Timeframe, Victory conditions, RoE, Terrain Homework, Field Guide etc.

There is no one size fits all, that's just fantasy.

In a SHTF, even 4-6 guys will probably need at least 8-10 people backing them up logistically (hunting, foraging, growing, cooking, cleaning, fixing, etc). They will need to be resupplied on near constant basis and not meeting that resupply will result in FUBAR situations.

Even the smallest army marches on its stomach.
>>
>>34752792
ALICE, and anything else you sling onto your body. Everyone needs to specialize in carrying basics of survival so we can carry the most of everything we need.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.