[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I have my flight physical for the Air Force on Sunday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hey /k/ I have my flight physical for the Air Force on Sunday and will be off to pilot training when I graduate next spring. What air frame should I go for? I know it's merit based, but this is for the sake of dreaming. I'm honestly tossed up between A-10s and C-17s and they're completely different tracks.
>>
Heading to Wright Patt? The physical blows and it'll take awhile to get complete but don't be that guy who's whining the whole time about sitting around. Especially if you're a cadet, otherwise, you're likely to have a few commissioned aviators there (we had three) who can tell you about their airframes.

Also, you've got years before you think about bomber/fighter or heavies track. I'd steer away from A-10s and F-16s, go for newer airframes that aren't getting downscaled.
>>
I'm certain Uncle Sam will decide for you.

Pretty cool though, good luck anon.
>>
>>34750557
Adding on, not sure if anyone has told you but you can just uber on to the base, don't waste the cash on a cab.

And don't go and get trashed while you're there, not worth it.

t. Class of 2017
>>
>>34750557
I fully expect to just sit around bored. Any stuff with the physical is out of my control, so I'll just shut up and color. That was my thought too, especially regarding the A-10s.
>>
>>34750592
Maybe the last night then. I don't want to fuck up my blood work.
>>
>>34750618
Bring a book and a phone charger, maybe throw some movies onto a flash drive and see if any of the cadets there locally can bring an xbox or something and you can watch off that. You'll all be sitting around in a room blowing time between tests so something you can leave behind there but still have ready when you're back is great.

Anyways, they'll probably be dropping F-35s like candy by the time you graduate UPT (for example, we just had a guy who graduated in '15 graduate like a week ago for C-17s) so if you're into going fast, thinking fast and doing everything fast that'll probably be a very real choice.
>>
Do you mind answering a question for me? At what point do you actually find out if you physically qualify to be a pilot?

I'm enlisted right now, I'm getting out in a year to finish school and I want to try to go back in through OTS with a pilot slot. I know its hard as fuck but I gotta try.

At what point during the process do you find out if you can fly or not? My fear is that I've already committed and am stuck in only to find out I have something that DQ's me from flying and now I'm fucked into some bullshit job that I left in the first place.
>>
>>34750510
A-10s will be out of service in less than a decade, don't do that to yourself. If you really think you want to do ground attack, F-35s or B-1Bs are where the real meat of operations will be.
>>
>>34752093
Can't speak for your process, but not for several months after your physical. You'll have an indication if you can even go at all after your DODMERB but you can't know till after the physical. They'll have your whole medical record though, but most of it is for eyes over anything else, unless they need to test more things based off prior medical stuff.

Do you have anything you think might screw you? Remember, they're desperately looking for pilots.

Anyways, if you want to go back and finish school I'd look at an AFROTC program before OTS. It'll up your chances dramatically.
>>
File: accepting youre death.png (291KB, 691x576px) Image search: [Google]
accepting youre death.png
291KB, 691x576px
>Want to be a pilot with every fiber of my being
>that feeling of doubt when I think about my chances
>>
>>34753857
I know ROTC has an easier chance than OTS, and with the two years of school I'll have left, I'd be able to join, but the fact that you commit before knowing what your job will be kind of eliminates it for me.

If I don't get accepted to USAF OTS, I'm trying navy also, and then army as the last resort. If that don't work I'm going just keep doing ATC.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.