[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inheriting guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_1023.jpg (56KB, 900x211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1023.jpg
56KB, 900x211px
Alright /k/, have you ever inherited guns? Unfortunately my uncle is currently on hospice as he has pancreatic and liver cancer at only 36 and we don't know how long he has left. Seeing as how I'm the only grandchild my mamaw has and my dad is currently in jail and also a felon and can't own guns, my uncles guns are most likely going to become mine. I was just wondering if any of y'all have ever inherited any guns and if so, do you ever go out shooting and recall the good times with that person whose guns you've inherited? My dad and my uncle were some of the first people to take me hunting when I was a kid and I know that I've got a lot of fond memories of that dude. So /k/ tell me about those guns you've inherited. Let those feels out.
>>
File: side view.png (2MB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
side view.png
2MB, 1152x864px
My Grandfather taught my father to hunt quail and dove with this shotgun, and my father in turn taught me. When they both died, I inherited it. Needless to say, if there was a house fire, this is the one gun I would grab to save. I'll teach my kid to hunt with it. It's nice to have heirlooms and shit.
>>
>>34749113
True that. I just hate that I didn't get to do more hunting and fishing with my uncle. I'm praying he makes it to deer season this year so that I can take him one last time, but the doctors don't know how much longer he's got and he's on hospice right now. At the very least we're going fishing when he comes home hopefully tomorrow or Monday.
>>
>>34749149
Well, I hope he doesn't kick over too soon, because then you'll have to inherit that fucking Savage Model 24, and then you'll want to die to.

Seriously, those things are horrifically bad.
>>
>>34749201
Mines a Stevens that I actually inherited before he had cancer. It was my first squirrel gun. I love it and I've never had any issues out of it. It's a straight shooter and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
>>
File: 7.6.2017.jpg (87KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7.6.2017.jpg
87KB, 640x480px
most of these were in herited
>Remington 760 Gamemaster .300 sav.
was my great grandfathers rifle, made in 1953. He gave it to my dad and i got it after my parents divorce. Its pretty much the only rifle i hunt with. I have decided that pump action is superior to both lever and bolt action for hunting. Faster, easier, and your finger never leaves the trigger. I want to have one in something ridiculous like .577 tyranosaur.
>Remington 572 Field master
Great grandfathers squirrel gun. I have put a few thousand rounds through it myself. I finally cleaned it for the first time and its life, The grooves were filled with lead from the crown to the chamber. cleaned right up though, recently the screw that hold the mag tube came out while shooting and the fore end tore out.
>Remington 1100 3" magnum
My uncles gun, he loved big powerful guns. he bought when 3" started picking up in the 70's. The gun actually has it own name. "The poochie special", named after my uncle. People recognize it around town because its a pretty rare type by remington and it has a shortened stock. Pretty awesome gun.
>Remington Wingmaster 870 20g
uncles gun, he bought it for himself and gave it to my brother about 20 years ago. I have it because my brother wife wont let hi m have long guns.
>H&R Topper 12g
The first gun my uncle bought. Hunted with it his entire child hood.
>Marlin 336
uncles gun, my aunt had it for a decade and it was siezed up from rust. It still has some problem but its much better now.
>Ruger 10/22
more of a gift but im including it. grandpa gave it to me.

my aunt still has my uncle Smith and wesson highway patrolman. Its suppose to be for my other brother but he wont appreciate it and he wont restore it. Im going to try and figure out a trade for it. Brother doesnt deserve it. Really annoys me that she is giving it to him. She wants to give it to him because he doesnt get any heirlooms, but thats because he has nothing to do with the family. its gets me aggravated.
>>
>>34749113
nice.
>>
File: IMG_3600.jpg (63KB, 836x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3600.jpg
63KB, 836x902px
Inherited a 28 gauge Remington 11-48, some Mossberg .22 that has the wonky magazine tube in the stock, and a BAR (the hunting rifle, not the machine gun kind) from my pap that passed in 2012.
Only ever shoot the 11-48 at clays really.
Other grandad passed away beginning of this year, but I haven't gotten any of his guns since he lived way the hell out in Midland, TX.
>>
File: MALE JELLY.jpg (34KB, 604x554px) Image search: [Google]
MALE JELLY.jpg
34KB, 604x554px
>>34749530
>28 gauge Remington 11-48
God DAMN I want one of those fuckers. You know how much it's worth, right?
>>
>>34749549
Not really?
It's beat to hell, but it soldiers on.
>>
>>34749565
Plain ones about $650
Ribbed or skeet, $800 and up.
>>
>>34749068
My grandpa had a mint condition 1958 Belgian Hi-Power when he passed, among other things. I'm hoping a few make it my way, but especially that one.
>>
>>34749068
>my dad is currently in jail and also a felon
Story op?
>>
>>34750305
Met a girl on line that he thought was 18. She turned out to not be 18, but as it turned out it was an undercover cop.
>>
File: Smith-Right.png (2MB, 1057x793px) Image search: [Google]
Smith-Right.png
2MB, 1057x793px
>>34749068
I inherited a Colt Challenger from my biological father's father who I wasn't close with. I had to get new grips for it, as the old ones were warped. After that, it's a great plinker. Also inherited a S&W Double Action from 1899. Unfortunately, we had our friend who is a gunsmith look at it, and it would be a hand grenade to shoot.
>>
>>34749429
thanks.
>>
>>34750705
Your dads a pedo OP
>>
>>34749068

my grandfather (mothers side) had a huge collection but due to family drama i went to live with my father abroad

came back for his funeral cause i loved the guy,found out he left all his guns (pretty nice old remington lever action,winchester bolt action shotgun?,and a few other rifles including lee enfields and a Henry rifle) to my i wouldnt say autistic but he had a screw loose like gomer pyle in FMJ

the guy was making school shooting jokes with a straight face and was known for having anger issues

i dont blame my grandpa for not giving them to me,i just wish he didnt give it to a school shooter waiting to happen
>>
>>34751397

*my cousin
>>
>>34750705
If it was a sting they would have been very explicit about the fake age. So he a liar too
>>
I found out recently that my father who died in 2005 left me his Remmington .222. It had been left in the hands of a family friend and forgotten by my Mother. I live in Australia so I'm working on a PTA to get it.
>>
File: Question-Rage-Face.jpg (18KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Question-Rage-Face.jpg
18KB, 500x375px
>>34749068
my grandpa left a hole bunch of Nazi stuff including a Ruger to my dad I burned it because I thought he was a Nazi but my dad said they were just war trophies but it's ok that sort of shit needs to be burned anyway
other than that my uncle gave me a bb gun I still have it it's pretty deadly don't need a gun like it anyway though because I'm deadly enough with a baseball bat
>>
>>34749068

Does he have a will? Depending on the state it might be a bitch to get them if he doesnt have a will
>>
>>34751687
Jesus you're a cuck. Bet you're an antifa faggot that goes in the street to scream about ho wonderful Africans are and how anyone that doesn't want wothless subhumans in their country is a Nazi.
>>
>>34751687
>Ruger
>>
File: 1463811732258.jpg (58KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
1463811732258.jpg
58KB, 620x348px
>>34751746
sure am polshit
>>
File: 1498694300565.jpg (133KB, 599x399px) Image search: [Google]
1498694300565.jpg
133KB, 599x399px
>>34751687
i think i cut myself on all them edges
>>
>>34751746
>>34751687

>trolls baiting trolls
>>
File: 1497025559049.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1497025559049.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>34751844
>>
>>34751852
>anything that's not right wing extremism is trolling
ok sure pal
>>
>>34749068
My mom's old Rossi when she died in 2015
>>
File: received_10110229979006944~01.jpg (662KB, 1155x1920px) Image search: [Google]
received_10110229979006944~01.jpg
662KB, 1155x1920px
>>34749068
Just the one.

Granddad got this in the mid or late 1930s, used it to feed himself and his family during the depression. After WW2 and when his son came of age, it went to him. That dumbshit got himself locked away for a few felonies and hasn't been heard of since. The gun went back to granddad.

He passed, the gun went to grandma, and then to my mom after grandma went into retirement community. Mom discovered I liked guns and restored what lost souls I could, and this was my Christmas present this past winter.

Never met granddad or my uncle. Both were gone from this world before I was born. But goddamn if that little pea shooter don't drive nails up to 100 yds
>>
>>34751756
Did you know that niggers whose parents make more than 200k a year score lower than whites that make less than 20k a year on the sat? Did you know niggers commit every single violent crime at almost an order of magnitude greater than whites? Did you know that all of those refugee are basically just adult migrant men that are uneducated inbred illiterate violent subhumans that only came to Europe or gibz because theyre wothless vermin?
>>
>>34750916
That smith doesn't look too bad.
What makes it a grenade?
>>
>>34751702
He doesn't, but everything's going to my grandma and then his guns are going to me. He doesn't have kids and has never been married so she's the only one that can get his stuff.
>>
File: IMG_20170712_065144.jpg (100KB, 817x818px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170712_065144.jpg
100KB, 817x818px
>>34751687
>>
>>34751687
Bait...But on the off chance that this is real, understand that you flushed thousands of dollars down the toilet.
>>
File: IMG_1873.jpg (579KB, 2756x1107px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1873.jpg
579KB, 2756x1107px
>>34749068
Two webleys in .455 from my great grandfathers
A sawn off shotgun (with intact stock) that he used in the trenches to suppliment his sidearm and private purchase enfield
His private purchase enfield that was equipped with a rear diopter sight like a mk.V

My cousin got his .455 colt 1911 and a trophy luger with a grip safety.

Between the two of us we have our great great grandfathers martini.

Other items i inherited
Great grandfathers lance from his time on the northwest frontier
Grandfathers kukri from his time in burma
Grandfathers dress sword (ER) that me and my father share for occasions.
Japanese Good luck flag
My fathers cotton Union jack that went everywhere with him, so it came everywhere with me, Hong kong, singapore, northern ireland, Falklands, Gulf war, Former yugoslavia, Iraq and afghanistan.

Shit i'm going to hand down to my kids (when someone convinces me and the wife to actually have them) they're going to get my kukri, couple of bayonets, my two lids (with bloodstain) and everything above.

Pic related. My grandfathers sword and my kukri.

> Inb4 Rust,
yeah i need to find the time to dE-rust them
> InB4 pics
yeah i'll take a panoramic or WebM of my man cave one day, but currently i just have everything lying on benches around the room, i plan on taking a long break soon so i can get some display cases or mounts or something.
>>
File: Together.png (1008KB, 955x537px) Image search: [Google]
Together.png
1008KB, 955x537px
The Mk. I on top I got from my grandfather after he passed last year.
>>
>>34754289
>my two lids (with bloodstain
what? thats nasty.
>>
File: grandads kuk.jpg (49KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
grandads kuk.jpg
49KB, 720x405px
>>34754289
I may as well tell the story of granddads kukri
That things seen some shit.

My grandad was raised in india, as thats where great grandad was based.
he Joined the british army before the war, and was deployed to france,
He was at Dunkirk, he then got sent to africa thinking there won't be any war there.
he gets transferred to the indian army Gurkhas since he can somewhat speak the language
The italians then try to invade egypt and he ends up chasing them out and through libya
Early december 1941 he gets on a ship bound for singapore thinking there won't be a war there
few days later they're at war with japan
Singapore falls before they get there and he gets off in burma
They end up stopping the japanese advance
He gets selected for a new strike force under orde wingate - the chindits
Did some raiding for a bit until the column disbands and they have to E&E all the way back to india on their own
Grandad gets separated from his group
Runs out of food, so uses his grenades to kill fish in a river, uses the kukri to behead them, uses the karda to gut them and makes a fire with the chamtak to sustain him
He got into a one man firefight with a japanese platoon, but a villager heard it, helped him hide and took him back to their village and gave him provisions to make his way back, my grandfather supposedly gave them something (but i on't know what) as payment and told them to help any chindits that may come back through here and that he would return for the item after the war and repay them with money
Apparently the japs torched the village after for helping chindits.
Grandad later fought at Kohima then in korea, and malaya
So i kind of owe my lif to this knife.

>>34754359
Yeah i got nipped by a piece of frag that came in under the brim. I'll get my housekeeper to take a pic
>>
File: IMG_0336.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>34749068
>mamaw
What the fuck. Just say grandma. Fucking weirdo names for old people.
>>
>>34751944
Its not that its that he burned history.
>>
>>34749068

She's going to turn them over to police to be destroyed because no one would want some old guns and she doesn't have a gun license anyways
>>
>>34749068
Yes.
I inherited ny grandfather auto 5.

I use it for trap and fowl.

Dont sell anything you inherit. Or if you do dont say that you are.
>>
>>34749068
My grandpa taught me how to shoot a BB gun when I was 12 and passed away right before I turned 18. Promised to buy me a bolt action and take me to the range. I got his Saginaw M1 Carbine from '43 that he bought at auction, and as soon as my pistol permit comes in (Jew Yorker) I'll be getting the luger he bought.
Miss that old man more than I'd care to admit.
>>
>>34749068
I've inherited probably two dozen firearms in my life, from various family and family friends.

It's nice to be able to care for their guns and bring them into the future with me, but I'd rather still have the owners around than the guns.

Family shrinks, safes get full, and there are less people to shoot the things in general.
>>
>>34749068
Does it count as inheriting if your dad just gave them too you?

My .22 and 20 gauge were both my fathers
>>
I got a winchester Model 60 from my uncle.

Almost got a S&W Model 36 From my aunt but my cousin gave it to her deadbeat husband and he sold it for beer and smokes money.
>>
>>34755749
Yeah. Well hes gonna die eventually anyways.

So technically inherited and gave. Depending on taste it can mean more or less. I think I means more because he trusts you.
>>
>>34754773
I'm from the Appalachian mountains in KY. It's always been mamaw and papaw. I think anyone who uses grandma or nanny or anything like that is weird.
>>
>>34755599
I live in Kentucky. My mamaw also hates cops. I sincerely doubt that lol
>>
File: Shotgun.jpg (620KB, 2503x983px) Image search: [Google]
Shotgun.jpg
620KB, 2503x983px
>>34755903
Yea, He's always had guns, but I have actually got him more into guns then he ever was before. Conviced him to start conceal carrying as well and he just picked up a sig p239
>>
>>34749113
One would hope that if your house was on fire you would actually grab your kids first and then the gun.

But then again you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>34756055
Mine used to hunt with my grandfather (not his father but my mom's father)

He was too lighthearted to ever kill an animal.
So he gave me most of his guns save a couple handguns.

I hunt. Kill a few deer and a couple squirrels (never see a goddamn turkey until its out of season). I've taken a break since i'm not that good for time much anymore.

I want to get back in before my grandfather can't go anymore. Say next season.

He's not that old. Just got into his 70s and hes walking/working fit.
>>
My grandfathers got alzheimers and was giving me his rifle. It got stolen out of my moms vehicle on the way.
The old rusty neglected rifle that fed my mom and family for so long, up and stolen for some crack.
I dont even know what kind of gun it was, gramps is too far gone and mom is clueless as ever. She says she thinks it was .2~~ cal, so that doesn't really narrow it down.
>>
>>34749149
Hospice means say goodbye. Sorry. (I know this from grandpa, dad, and uncle.)
>>
File: Capture.png (280KB, 472x294px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
280KB, 472x294px
>>34752389
Look closely
>>
>>34755279
history that needs to be destroyed
>>
>>34755917
>Kentucky
>Mountains
Ayy, me too. What town?
>>
>>34757895
Yeah I know. He's refusing to do chemo or radiation, but pancreatic cancer is pretty much a death sentence. He knows his days are numbered and we're just doing our best to make him happy and comfortable as much as we can. He actually got to come home today and we've got his house setup for him to stay in and his nurses are gonna come by every few days to check in on him.
>>
>>34760132
Salt Lick. It's a small place in Bath County. I live about an hour away from Lexington. It's about a 10 minute drive from Cave Run. My family has lived in the same place since it was first settled.
>>
>>34749068
Grandfather got Alzheimer's. Got to the point where he doesn't even know where he is. Before he got real bad, he gave me all his guns, because he obviously couldn't use em. I inherited:

1. Benelli Nova, 12g shotgun. Accurate and a good shooter, but the barrel is damn long.

2. Savage 340, bolt action 30-30. Love this gun. It's not the best quality, but damn is it accurate. Plus, you don't see alot of 30-30 bolt actions anymore.

3. M1613 - Bushmaster XM15 E2S. Love it. He gave it to me dirty as fuck, I don't think he ever cleaned it.

4. Norinco 84s. Chinese made AK style rifle chambered in 5.56. Piece of shit, at least the one I have. It's has an issue where it shoots doubles sometimes (making it illegal, need to fix ASAP), and the bolt is fucked a bit.
>>
>>34761028
*Meant to type M16A3 for #3, sorry lads.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.